FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Anyone else having trouble calling EXP desk? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1652673-anyone-else-having-trouble-calling-exp-desk.html)

pandaren Feb 6, 2015 2:02 am

Anyone else having trouble calling EXP desk?

When I call the EXP desk the system told me to hold but my phone call keeps on disconnect around 3 minutes into the call. Is anyone else having this issue?

pandaren Feb 6, 2015 3:09 am

Just got the call through. That was weird.

SafeFlyer Feb 6, 2015 6:46 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

There were issues this morning with dropped calls and callers were also being connected to agents that were talking to other callers mid-conversation. I was told that they were working on resolving the issue. (This was around 5AM EST)

Safe Travels

fotographer Feb 6, 2015 6:46 am

yesterday, it took about 4 minutes to be put thru... but that was using the call back feature

ckeegan04 Feb 6, 2015 7:14 am

I've had some longer than normal wait times lately, but I've been getting through. I feel like winter is always a bit tougher because it seems like some large swath of the country is somewhere in the middle of a major weather blowup.

moki1 Feb 6, 2015 10:32 am

I have had a lot of wait times recently, must be weather related

cphurley Feb 6, 2015 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by pandaren (Post 24301041)
When I call the EXP desk the system told me to hold but my phone call keeps on disconnect around 3 minutes into the call. Is anyone else having this issue?

I had 2 calls yesterday drop right after saying Hello and getting started with a representative... but my 3rd call (just minutes later) worked just fine. Haven't need to call since.

FightOnFlyer Feb 6, 2015 5:42 pm

I called last night around midnight and kept getting the "Thank you for calling the Executive Platinum line" message every two seconds, then the call dropped after about 3 minutes. I called again this morning and everything seemed to be fine.

teevee Feb 6, 2015 8:08 pm

no joking, i had better luck dealing with the plat desk than the exp. seems wait times for exp are higher on a fairly regular basis.

maybe i should just go back to calling the plat desk....

brewdog11 Feb 6, 2015 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by teevee (Post 24306077)
no joking, i had better luck dealing with the plat desk than the exp. seems wait times for exp are higher on a fairly regular basis.

maybe i should just go back to calling the plat desk....

I think a few of my calls have been getting redirected to other Elite desks (or general reservations) because the EXP line is saturated. About 25% of the time, AAgents don't say "Executive Platinum" before introducing themselves.

cphurley Feb 6, 2015 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11 (Post 24306254)
I think a few of my calls have been getting redirected to other Elite desks (or general reservations) because the EXP line is saturated. About 25% of the time, AAgents don't say "Executive Platinum" before introducing themselves.

I had to cancel and award reservation this evening and I was on hold for about 5 minutes (pretty long for EXP line)... and same experience; no "Executive Platinum, [insert name here]" greeting. That said, the agent was sharp and was able to get things handled very quickly and efficiently.