Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Drink Chit / Chits / Coupons 2014-2019, Drink Chit Nostalgia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Admirals Clubs offer free soft and "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages to all present.

NOTE: It appears Admirals Clubs will scan boarding passes upon.Club entry and electronic “drink coupons” will be attached to the boarding pass, requiring scanning by the bartender. This appears to be rolling out at Clubs as of August 2019. See Admirals Club Drink Coupons / Chits moving to Boarding Pass scans 2019
Drinks chits / coupons (date-stamped) for premium level drinks or bottles of water have been given to AAdvantage Platinum and Executive Platinum members departing on international flights. These guests might be given one or two, and more may be forthcoming if requested later. Some drinks might require two chits.

As well, non-AA oneworld Sapphire and Emerald flyers with Club access are also eligible for premium drinks coupons. In response to a communication from a oneworld member denied a drinks coupon (see atramos below):

- International First class passengers are allowed 2 drink chits (AA International itineraries include travel to/from Asia, Europe, Mexico city, Central & South America)
  • oneworld customers receive one drink chit plus one for a guest
  • Transcontinental passengers do not receive drink chits, nor do those on wholly domestic itineraries
  • Admirals Club members, US Airways Club members and Citi Executive Admirals Club members do not receive drink chits unless they qualify for club access based on their itinerary or oneworld status.
  • Guests may exchange a premium drink chit for any drink – this includes a Naked Juice Smoothie or bottled water.
Admirals Club members, and AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum on purely domestic itineraries (even 321T three class transcont) are ineligible for premium drinks coupons (but those in domestic three class F transcons are Flagship Lounge eligible at LAX and JFK, where premium drinks are included).
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club Drink Chit / Chits / Coupons 2014-2019, Drink Chit Nostalgia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by s115
Today at dfw, with a short connection in c terminal, opted to hit admirals there for a quick drink bs trek from b to d to c to hit the flagship.

Was told as of 3 weeks ago, no more chits for OWE etc, in any of the 5 cities where there is a flagship lounge. A nice f you. I'd understand if the flagship lounge was in the same terminal, but DFW is so big, skimping on a single drink coupon is a bit much.
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
yep was just going to post the same. Term B says no chits at all on int'l J - "go to flagship". which sucks if coming off the int'l flight connecting.
Ran into the same thing in DFW B today. I came into B5 and wanted to use the bathroom before I walked over to D. I tried to use my BP for a San Peligrino but was told to go to the Flagship Lounge. This is really chintzy.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10
Ran into the same thing in DFW B today. I came into B5 and wanted to use the bathroom before I walked over to D. I tried to use my BP for a San Peligrino but was told to go to the Flagship Lounge. This is really chintzy.
Just confirmed in DFW B Admirals Club. On an business class seat (Exe Plat) to Mexico (Leon). Only difference, the desk agent told me "they were stopping the drink chits totally". He may have just meant in this case, but who knows. I was pretty shocked, as only "certain international" flights qualify for flagship lounge, even on a business class ticket, no drinks and no access to Flagship.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lrbenko
Just confirmed in DFW B Admirals Club. On an business class seat (Exe Plat) to Mexico (Leon). Only difference, the desk agent told me "they were stopping the drink chits totally". He may have just meant in this case, but who knows. I was pretty shocked, as only "certain international" flights qualify for flagship lounge, even on a business class ticket, no drinks and no access to Flagship.
If I understood you correctly you are an AC member, as J or EXP wouldn't qualify to BJX or any North American route except MEX so you wouldn’t be entitled to the chits or lounge access to begin with.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
I think i'm just used to the desk agents giving them with discretion. I was given them at the lounge in MIA on my trip to HAV, and a few months ago I was given them in PHL on my flight to YHZ.
I guess the clubs are just cracking down on the published rules?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by lrbenko
I think i'm just used to the desk agents giving them with discretion. I was given them at the lounge in MIA on my trip to HAV, and a few months ago I was given them in PHL on my flight to YHZ.
I guess the clubs are just cracking down on the published rules?
Partly,

One reason to implementing electronic chits loaded onto BP was to reduce the number of "freebies" given at the dragons discretion.

However not giving chits in cities with FL's is bean counting.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:07 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just came across an issue worth posting (and apologies if it's been posted up-thread, but may be good to repeat anyway):

When accessing AC/FL via a OW (non-AA) status for a domestic AA flight they need to take the OW number and add it to the record to generate the drink chits. Be careful to check where your flight ends up being credited. In maybe half a dozen times doing this, it has properly credited to AA despite having the other number added...except once. Wondered why the flight did not show up, and found that it had credited to my BA account. So, had to contact BA to relinquish the Tier Points/Avios (still in progress) before I can get it credited to AA.

From not on I may either ask the AC agent to remove the other number after I use the chits or as I leave the lounge. But definitely gonna check at the gate to see where the flight is set to credit.

Cheers.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Just came across an issue worth posting (and apologies if it's been posted up-thread, but may be good to repeat anyway):

When accessing AC/FL via a OW (non-AA) status for a domestic AA flight they need to take the OW number and add it to the record to generate the drink chits. Be careful to check where your flight ends up being credited. In maybe half a dozen times doing this, it has properly credited to AA despite having the other number added...except once. Wondered why the flight did not show up, and found that it had credited to my BA account. So, had to contact BA to relinquish the Tier Points/Avios (still in progress) before I can get it credited to AA.

From not on I may either ask the AC agent to remove the other number after I use the chits or as I leave the lounge. But definitely gonna check at the gate to see where the flight is set to credit.

Cheers.
Thanks for the heads up!

I credit to AA but use my remaining Finnair status for AC and FL access so this comes in useful.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
So unlike the issues I had at DFW reported upthread I was luckier on my way home at LAX. I went to the FL then over to T5 to catch my flight to PHX. I went to the T5 AC and asked the bartender if there were any drinks attached to the BP and he said I had two. A quick shot and a beer helped me get through that LUS 321 flight
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
So unlike the issues I had at DFW reported upthread I was luckier on my way home at LAX. I went to the FL then over to T5 to catch my flight to PHX. I went to the T5 AC and asked the bartender if there were any drinks attached to the BP and he said I had two. A quick shot and a beer helped me get through that LUS 321 flight
So agents can still issue them electronically at their discretion?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
So agents can still issue them electronically at their discretion?
I don't know if it's agent discretion. I know the bartender in DFW refused to scan my BP but that the bartender in PHX after scanning it found there were coupons there. Not sure if it's agent discretion or airport policy.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Just got informed about absurd new policy at the LAX Eagles Nest AC. Ordered a Makers and gave my boarding pass to the bartender, who refused to scan it. Said they don't do it anymore and go to the Flagship lounge if I wanted a premium beverage. Which would have been fine if I was in T4, but that can be a 30 minute bus ride away each way depending on various factors at LAX. Like DFW this doesn't logistically make sense especially if you are flying out of Gate 52. Wrote AA about it but it's clear they don't care.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Just got informed about absurd new policy at the LAX Eagles Nest AC. Ordered a Makers and gave my boarding pass to the bartender, who refused to scan it. Said they don't do it anymore and go to the Flagship lounge if I wanted a premium beverage. Which would have been fine if I was in T4, but that can be a 30 minute bus ride away each way depending on various factors at LAX. Like DFW this doesn't logistically make sense especially if you are flying out of Gate 52. Wrote AA about it but it's clear they don't care.
that is just plain stupid.. sorry , maybe AA needs to re-educated its bar keepers, well than again, not sure if they are contracted help or AA employees
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: AA EP
Seems to be a new policy. Ran into this same issue at DFW A when On an international flight leaving out of A. Said to get premium drinks u now has to go to the FSL I. D

Originally Posted by fotographer
that is just plain stupid.. sorry , maybe AA needs to re-educated its bar keepers, well than again, not sure if they are contracted help or AA employees
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Seems to be a new policy. Ran into this same issue at DFW A when On an international flight leaving out of A. Said to get premium drinks u now has to go to the FSL I. D
would have been nice for AA to let its passengers know... oh well... like with a lot of things going on with the major airlines these days..
we will only find out.. when we do, not when the airline lets us know
oh but wait.. they seem to have the credit card pitch down ..
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
This is among the more absurd rule changes I've ever seen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.