Wiki Posts
Search

Future Silver Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: USAirways - Silver, HH, E-Plus
Smile Future Silver Status

Quick Question about the my current flyer status and what will it look like in the future.

I mainly fly US-Airways and I enrolled in the trial program for the Silver tier a couple of months ago. I am going to meet the requirements to keep silver past the trial 90 days but I noticed the new "merged" program will no longer have a Silver status. Will I lose my status as Silver status? or will I get upgraded to Gold? How will that work when they finally make the big move to merge everything into one milage system?

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
US Silver becomes AA Gold.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/AA...p?locale=en_US

Specifically the following graphic on that page:
http://www.aa.com/content/images/AAd...img_levels.jpg
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: USAirways - Silver, HH, E-Plus
Sweet! Thank you!

I couldn't seem to find that page when searching. (Probably because I was only searching on the USAirways website. )

I appreciate the help.

Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA Gold is their lowest level and is pretty much equivalent to Silver level on other airlines. You are not actually getting an "upgrade" to a higher level.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by LBJ
AA Gold is their lowest level and is pretty much equivalent to Silver level on other airlines. You are not actually getting an "upgrade" to a higher level.
It does sound like a promotion, though. oh, wait; that was Continental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.