Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

when does AA typically release award for SEA-hub in summer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

I have almost never redeemed my AA miles accumulated over the years, so I don't know AA's award release pattern. In the past week, I searched SEA-->hub (I mean both AA and US hubs - ORD/BOS/JFK/MIA/DFW/CLT/PHL...) coach availability in summer (June-Sept) every day, in the hope to connect to a hub-->Europe segment (which BTW is even more available). But WOW... SEA-->hub has very low, if not no, availability the whole summer.

So am I doing this search too early, too late? Any suggestions?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Set ExpertFlyer alerts for the dates, flights, and classes of service that are useful to you. Nobody is going to guess correctly.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:40 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As already mentioned, there's no set "pattern" to speak of. AA can release award seats as early as 330 days out. But there's no pattern or guarantee to if or when they even release any seats.

Either check/call regularly or set alerts for the flights/dates you're looking for. Good luck!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wlynnw
Maybe try a partner, like BA SEA-LHR?
Maybe try another city, like Vancouver-Chicago-Europe?
Maybe bite the bullet and pay for a ticket to a hub then fly the award.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by wlynnw
I have almost never redeemed my AA miles accumulated over the years, so I don't know AA's award release pattern. In the past week, I searched SEA-->hub (I mean both AA and US hubs - ORD/BOS/JFK/MIA/DFW/CLT/PHL...) coach availability in summer (June-Sept) every day, in the hope to connect to a hub-->Europe segment (which BTW is even more available). But WOW... SEA-->hub has very low, if not no, availability the whole summer.

Don't forget you can use partner awards for travel on AS. Check the box for partner awards.

I'm not sure how much value expert flyer brings to the table.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
I don't know how many people you are looking for. But the first 2 weeks in June there are flights every day to CLT and PHL. And I saw lots of availability going SEA-DFW. I didn't check onward, but if you aren't seeing those options, then you're doing it wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.