Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

EQP help for Plat status renewal/mileage run

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Hi, looks like I'm going to come up just short (860 EQP; way too many miles to get there so focused on points) of Plat status for next year after one last flight next Mon-Tue and I'm looking to do a quick mileage run from DFW before year-end. Obviously trying to minimize cost, esp. since a) I could purchase status for $699 and b) the value of Plat vs. Gold isn't significant - but has enough value to me to be worth something (though much less than $699).

Trying to look at various options on AA that have the mileage/fare code combination that will get me there - i.e., 430+ miles (each way) on HKMLWV fare or 860+ (each way) on GQNOS fare (some of these obviously don't show up anyway) - but finding it pretty painful to search, and haven't found a site that caters to this kind of search. E.g., DFW-ATL over the next week for $222 on many days but only in N status so this doesn't help. Also seems that since last time I had to look into doing this (at least a few years ago), there's no minimum 500 EQP per flight (unless I'm missing something), which would obviously make the process much easier.

Any thoughts on sites out there that will help, and/or any flight options anyone has seen for low-cost DFW fares over next week-10 days?

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
DFW-PHX is just over 860 miles each way, and you can get a same-day turnaround on December 31st for $220.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pags05
Any thoughts on sites out there that will help, and/or any flight options anyone has seen for low-cost DFW fares over next week-10 days?
ITA Matrix, variable departure date, 0 night stay for same-day runs, AA (for non-stop) or AA+ in the advanced routing codes fields, into airports where AA has low-fare competition out of DFW or DAL.

matrix.itasoftware.com

Like this:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.