Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA and ExpertFlyer Issues, Questions
Please keep this thread strictly related to AA and ExpertFlyer

For general questions about ExpertFlyer, please use ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread

If you are an ExpertFlyer customer or have questions about the product, you may email customercare <at> expertflyer.com, or you can mention <at>ExpertFlyer Voice, the EF representative on FT.

NOTE: This wikipost is locked
Print Wikipost

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Meanwhile, here's a big question:

Is this caching only affecting aa.com, or does it also affect what agents see? If it's not affecting what agents see, is the agent booking fee waived when the agent can book something that aa.com can't at the moment (even though it's something that aa.com could book in "normal times")?
In the past I've had luck asking the agent to put it on hold for me for free and then logging into my account to pay for it online and not have any phone booking fee assessed.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
...Is this caching only affecting aa.com, or does it also affect what agents see? If it's not affecting what agents see, is the agent booking fee waived when the agent can book something that aa.com can't at the moment (even though it's something that aa.com could book in "normal times")?
There's definitely no provision for that (as in it's not the intent of that policy) but "never hurts to ask" as mentioned. The answer should be no, but I've certainly seen folks report occasional success, and since the problem presently is this changeover of fare classes, *might* find an agent who buys it. Best plan is to do what ericgdukie44 mentions above, as phone agent's can see some/much of this inventory.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:52 am

Business milesavver for LIM->ORD poppued up for a lot of dates in May/June yesterday, and all of the sudden, they are all gone. Was there a glitch yesterday or something?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:21 pm

We saw the same thing yesterday for MIA-SXM. Unfortunately we were changing dates and booked through BA. Wouldn't let us change online and by the time they opened this am all flights were gone.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Had an issue today where Qantas could see AA U availability. I then checked with Expertflyer and it didn't see it (I had a U alert set and was curious why it didn't trigger), then checked aa.com and it did see it. Called AA to book and they didn't see anything (so I guess it corresponded with ExpertFlyer).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by petey2428
Business milesavver for LIM->ORD poppued up for a lot of dates in May/June yesterday, and all of the sudden, they are all gone. Was there a glitch yesterday or something?
I had a similar experience on Sunday. Probably 2/3 of TATL routes were briefly showing a ton of business class saaver availability. It was showing all day on ExpertFlyer and BA, then briefly for a couple of hours on aa.com and alaskaair.com, then totally gone everywhere by Monday morning). I managed to successfully ticket 4 business class milesaaver tickets online from SEA-DFW-LHR-LIS for April.

more info below:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27484336-post467.html
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by mipaho
I had a similar experience on Sunday. Probably 2/3 of TATL routes were briefly showing a ton of business class saaver availability. It was showing all day on ExpertFlyer and BA, then briefly for a couple of hours on aa.com and alaskaair.com, then totally gone everywhere by Monday morning). I managed to successfully ticket 4 business class milesaaver tickets online from SEA-DFW-LHR-LIS for April.

more info below:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27484336-post467.html
very similar experience. AA.com couldn't see it, BA.com and EXP phone agents saw the space. I was able to hold and/or book several tickets during the short window the space was available.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:31 pm

C Inventory - AA.com vs EF

I believe something is terribly wrong with EF.

Didn't show any C space at all for some of the flights we looked, but in AA.com C inventory is available. Anybody noticed that?

Not sure if AA is trying to restrict C inventory to EF at all. A inventory, however, is available in EF.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky

Didn't show any C space at all for some of the flights we looked, but in AA.com C inventory is available. Anybody noticed that?

Not sure if AA is trying to restrict C inventory to EF at all. A inventory, however, is available in EF.
How can you tell that there is C class available from AA.com?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
How can you tell that there is C class available from AA.com?
You can search any flights you want in AA.com. In the flight options and details, pick 'Systemwide upgrades', next to 'Details', and 'Seats', then you can see whether you can be upgraded to Business/First. If there's a green tick next to the upgrade option, then you are good; otherwise, then you have to waitlist.

You have to login as EXP in order to see 'Systemwide Upgrades' as an option when you pick the flights. You will not see them without login.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:22 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky

No, there is nothing wrong with EF, C inventory shows when available, as always:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing LGA on 01/22/17 12:00 AM for ATL
Flying AA   on booking class C        

Frequency                                                    
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Class Description                      Code  Seats
0 Connections
AA 1818       0      LGA                ATL                E90       Su              Business - Upgrade (also Domestic Firs C     2
                     01/22/17 6:10 AM   01/22/17 8:44 AM             89% / 12m       t starting Jan 11                      

0 Connections
AA 4607       0      LGA                ATL                E75       Su              Business - Upgrade (also Domestic Firs C     2
                     01/22/17 8:55 AM   01/22/17 11:41 AM            NA / NA         t starting Jan 11                      

0 Connections
AA 4682       0      LGA                ATL                E75       Daily           Business - Upgrade (also Domestic Firs C     2
                     01/22/17 12:00 PM  01/22/17 2:48 PM             92% / 8m        t starting Jan 11                      

0 Connections
AA 1678       0      LGA                ATL                E90       Daily           Business - Upgrade (also Domestic Firs C     2
                     01/22/17 1:35 PM   01/22/17 4:16 PM             85% / 28m       t starting Jan 11                      

0 Connections
AA 1819       0      LGA                ATL                E90       Su,M,T,W,Th,F   Business - Upgrade (also Domestic Firs C     0
                     01/22/17 5:20 PM   01/22/17 8:06 PM             73% / 36m       t starting Jan 11                      

0 Connections
AA 1687       0      LGA                ATL                E90       Su,M,T,Th       Business - Upgrade (also Domestic Firs C     1
                     01/22/17 7:59 PM   01/22/17 10:40 PM            70% / 46m       t starting Jan 11
If you need help with a specific search please email us instead of posting incorrect information on FT, thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Ok there's definitely something going on. Wife and I are flying XXX-DFW-PEK tomorrow. Didn't get an alert but I got on EF this morning and when I check for awards/upgrades from our origin to PEK, it shows C3 (for the PEK flight). However when searching just DFW-PEK sure enough it's C0. Maddening to say the least! FWIW I never got an alert. I feel bad for the agent I just called who insisted it was C0. I was going to HUCA until I decided to check DFW-PEK alone and saw that sure enough it's C0.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by no1cub17
...I feel bad for the agent I just called who insisted it was C0.
Why's that?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Ok there's definitely something going on. Wife and I are flying XXX-DFW-PEK tomorrow. Didn't get an alert but I got on EF this morning and when I check for awards/upgrades from our origin to PEK, it shows C3 (for the PEK flight). However when searching just DFW-PEK sure enough it's C0. Maddening to say the least! FWIW I never got an alert. I feel bad for the agent I just called who insisted it was C0. I was going to HUCA until I decided to check DFW-PEK alone and saw that sure enough it's C0.
I think this isn't uncommon - I've seen (twice this year) SFO-LAX-LHR showing C>1 for the LHR-LAX segment, but looking at LAX-LHR alone shows C0. The discrepancy never seems to last for long - once it moved to C0 throughout and the other time to C3 throughout.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Why's that?
Haha - I was probably a bit obnoxious and insistent that "But I see it on expertflyer right now!" - oh well we ended up clearing so all is well with the world!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.