Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA and ExpertFlyer Issues, Questions
Please keep this thread strictly related to AA and ExpertFlyer

For general questions about ExpertFlyer, please use ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread

If you are an ExpertFlyer customer or have questions about the product, you may email customercare <at> expertflyer.com, or you can mention <at>ExpertFlyer Voice, the EF representative on FT.

NOTE: This wikipost is locked
Print Wikipost

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Right now it's J2.

You can figure this out without ExpertFlyer, just make a dummy booking for PHL-CDG at aa.com. Start with the max 6 passengers, and work your way down until it show's availability.
Thanks! I'll definitely use that tip for my return trip.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
DFW_NRT

Am I missing something or there is no availability in C for this route for the next 6 months. I tried using 15 different dates and seem to see J7 and C0.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:27 am

In the next 6 months C availability DFW-NRT:

12/8 #61 C1
2/8 #61 C1
2/28 #61 C2
4/11 #61 C1
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Was helping a relative try to book upgrade space to Hawaii. EF was showing a5 and A7, but multiple agents denied availability with cash+miles and/or biz extra upgrade certs. Since they are 2 class flights coded with F/Y...there should have been space, no?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Expert Flyer vs AA.com? (Award bucket change issues Nov 2016)

Has anyone experienced discrepancies here? I set up an alert for 2 F or J Saver awards for AA44, JFK-CDG on 7/14/17. EF emailed me they opened up, I checked EF to confirm and went to aa.com, but it only lets me book anytime awards, not saver level, except for using BA and paying those insane fees.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:34 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I'm seeing issues with EF showing T availability on flights that don't show on AA.com. Interestingly, BA.com is showing availability on those flights.

Greg
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently nothing new:
And just today:
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:57 am

Sigh. Time for award bookings to be easier.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Thank you! Just called EP and they were able to book the Saver award!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I disagree, it is new--as in today:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27474773-post457.html
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:41 pm

+1 on the discrepancy experience. EF sent me a flight alert for T2 availability CLT-SEA nonstop on 4/25/17 for my sister...nothing but connections showing on AA.com. Called EXP desk and confirmed T inventory was available on the nonstop; was able to book the ticket and get the phone booking fee waived.

Definitely call to check. It seems as though the problem is with AA.com, not EF.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:58 pm

Been happening since this morning. AA.com is not showing award space correctly. EF and BA are showing it and AA phone agents can see it.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:51 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Hi folks. AA.com uses cached data for the award search, which is accurate most of the time but can get out of sync, especially during updates (like happened today with the cabin code changes).

ExpertFlyer shows live data direct from the AA host and will match what partners and the AA call center will see.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Hi folks. AA.com uses cached data for the award search, which is accurate most of the time but can get out of sync, especially during updates (like happened today with the cabin code changes).

ExpertFlyer shows live data direct from the AA host and will match what partners and the AA call center will see.
Awesome input, thanks! ^
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I disagree, it is new--as in today:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27474773-post457.html
The occurrence may be new, but the cause is the same as before (as ExpertFlyer Voice just explained). This problem keeps recurring (perhaps different reasons for the caching getting out of sync each time, but each time it is caching getting out of sync), and then EF has to explain again.

Meanwhile, here's a big question:

Is this caching only affecting aa.com, or does it also affect what agents see? If it's not affecting what agents see, is the agent booking fee waived when the agent can book something that aa.com can't at the moment (even though it's something that aa.com could book in "normal times")?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.