Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booked award flight last night, shows as ticketed for 0 miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

I booked an international award ticket last night for a partner carrier and when I view the reservation all I see is this:

http://imgur.com/w8Ykyvp

how long does it take to deduct the miles? The reason I ask is I want to get my 10% rebate so I can book the return flight.

Thanks
Old May 12, 2015, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Anyone? I've searched all over and can't find an answer.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yup, this a glitch that appears sometimes on award tickets when you click to view your reservation at aa.com. However, there is no correlation between this glitch and the actual correct amount of miles that will be deducted.

Depending on the carrier(s) and itinerary, it can take 24 to 48 hours sometimes for a partner award to be fully ticketed and miles deducted from your account.
Old May 13, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yup, this a glitch that appears sometimes on award tickets when you click to view your reservation at aa.com. However, there is no correlation between this glitch and the actual correct amount of miles that will be deducted.

Depending on the carrier(s) and itinerary, it can take 24 to 48 hours sometimes for a partner award to be fully ticketed and miles deducted from your account.
Thanks! You were right. Just got the ticketing email and already received my 10% rebate so I can book the flights on the way back!
Old May 13, 2015, 7:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
To give you a short answer: When you book an AA award on a partner airline, AA's system give the Partner's system a shout saying "We need a ticket on this flight". It can take up to the aforementioned 24-48 hours for that processing to get done and back to AA before the ticket is issued and miles deducted. Sometimes it can be as quick as 30 minutes, other times it can be a bit longer.

Glad you got it sorted out!
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
But, why does it say 0 miles? This has happened to me in the past and that’s been because it was phantom award space.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
But, why does it say 0 miles? This has happened to me in the past and that’s been because it was phantom award space.
It's just a longstanding aa.com glitch. But the "0 miles due" glitch discussed here is not related to phantom space. It frequently happens for awards that you have put on hold. When you pull up the on-hold reservation it shows a price of 0 miles. You have to call AA, an agent can see the correct/original award price and book it.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:08 pm

JJeffrey is right about this. This happened to me twice and both times I had to call in to get my award ticketed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.