Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Post-merger Heritage / Retro / Vintage Livery / Color Scheme Paint (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Post-merger Heritage / Retro / Vintage Livery / Color Scheme Paint (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
They should really have used an S80 for the TWA and Reno aircraft.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cmd320
They should really have used an S80 for the TWA and Reno aircraft.

But we want to keep the liveries around longer than that.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm really happy they chose the red and white TWA scheme for the retrojet. These upcoming planes look great ^
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
I know the side is grainy and they might be templates, but they look like B737 aircraft. Between the pointed noise, pronounced sharkets and sloping tail, all point to Boeing. There is a good lot of pmAA B738 in the old livery. Be interesting which airframe gets painted.

Both articles say they will paint B738 for these heritage paint jobs.

Last edited by shttrdrvr; Sep 1, 2015 at 4:35 pm Reason: clicked links
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by sbm12
AirCal, Reno Air and TWA 737-800s will join the AA fleet this fall. The target date was shared by Beverly Goulet at a conference this week.
Although I'm glad they didn't choose the last TWA livery, I would have preferred the double-globe one instead. Same thing with the Air Cal one. That livery was only in existence for about 4 years. I really liked the Air California airplanes with the golden sun tail. But something is better than nothing.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Glad that they are doing this at all, especially the TWA one. Kudos to AA for remembering airlines of the past.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ACA321
A319 N828AW (America West old heritage livery) is out of the paint shop and in service again... has anyone seen her yet? Curious if she's still wearing the old America West scheme with AA titles, or if she's in AA colors.
I read on Airliners.net that 828 is in the new colors.

Originally Posted by shttrdrvr
I know the side is grainy and they might be templates, but they look like B737 aircraft. Between the pointed noise, pronounced sharkets and sloping tail, all point to Boeing. There is a good lot of pmAA B738 in the old livery. Be interesting which airframe gets painted.

Both articles say they will paint B738 for these heritage paint jobs.
A319s will be used for LUS heritage liveries and 737-800s for LAA heritage liveries.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by sbm12
AirCal, Reno Air and TWA 737-800s will join the AA fleet this fall. The target date was shared by Beverly Goulet at a conference this week.
Front page of FT showed the Reno Air 737, which started service Friday.

http://www.flyertalk.com/articles/ph...age-plane.html
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT
AA Unveils TWA Retrojet

http://www.instagram.com/p/-KbM_Tox5C/

AA posted this photo on Instagram of the newest Retrojet, which is N915NN wearing TWA colors.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 16, 2015 at 5:35 pm Reason: Add URL tags
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Surprised!! I can't believe this. Looking good!! Why I haven't seen it yet. It's been a long time.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:02 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Cool! ^

(Trolling the interwebs quickly, looks like there's a Reno Air retrojet floating around as well.)
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
We should also see the AirCal heritage jet by the end of the year.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I really do wish AA had not chosen to put the current 'American' title on all of these retrojets. It throws off the flow/look of the retro liveries. That said, this TWA retrojet is the least impacted by the bad title decision and looks quite good.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
I really do wish AA had not chosen to put the current 'American' title on all of these retrojets. It throws off the flow/look of the retro liveries. That said, this TWA retrojet is the least impacted by the bad title decision and looks quite good.
Possible stupid comment alert...but it wouldn't surprise me if this were required by regulation. I'd think that being able to visually identify the operator of a given commercial airline might be necessary/helpful in some situations...
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Possible stupid comment alert...but it wouldn't surprise me if this were required by regulation. I'd think that being able to visually identify the operator of a given commercial airline might be necessary/helpful in some situations...
I am no expert (so this reply might be totally off base) but my understanding is that AA could put a sticker/label by the boarding door that says 'operated by American Airlines' and that would suffice.

United's retro Continental jet (which I did not even know existed until it rolled past me at ORD yesterday) has Continental, not United, titles. I presume there is an 'operated by United Airlines' sticker by the door.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/md11forever/14428647894

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.