Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Alaska Airlines Alaska Lounge (nee Board Room) Access for Admirals Club Members

Below is a quick amalgamation of the new rules. NOTE: The LAX Alaska Lounge has different criteria than those in ANC, PDX and SEA. So does the SFO Alaska Lounge, which isn’t included under this agreement.

Anchorage, U.S. (ANC) Alaska Lounge1

Los Angeles, U.S. (LAX) Alaska Lounge1

Portland, U.S. (PDX) Alaska Lounge1

San Diego, U.S. (SAN) AirSpace Lounge 2

Seattle, U.S. (SEA) Alaska Lounge – Concourse C1
Alaska Lounge – North Satellite1
Alaska Lounge – Concourse D1

1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).

2Must present your membership card at lounge check-in counter.

LAX (T6 mezzanine level):
Admirals Club members must present a valid membership card and ticket/boarding pass for same day travel on AA or AS operated/marketed flights (2 guests or immediate family permitted). (Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is a valid membership card for the primary cardholder, not authorized users.)

As clarified by madcard, from AA website

Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers. To locate a current list of Admirals Club® lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub
»
Customers traveling in premium cabin on international long-haul* or transcontinental flights** must present their ticket/boarding pass on the same day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day on AA or AS operated/marketed flights. (First class – 1 guest permitted) In addition:

oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customers (traveling on AA only) must present proof of status (1 guest permitted).

*International long-haul flights include AA international flights, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)
**Transcon flights include AA non-stop flights from LAX to JFK and from LAX to MIA.
ANC (near C1), PDX (near C5), SEA (near D1):
Must present Admirals Club membership card, including Citi Executive card and boarding pass for same day travel on AS or AA marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or AS flight number and flown on AA or AS aircraft.
NOTE: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® authorized users are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well - but not Alaska Lounges or Qantas Clubs, etc.)

––

NB: This thread is based on the current access privileges. The previous regime is discussed in the archived thread here:
ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)
Print Wikipost

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Lounge access policies are not changing. She is mistaken.
It's funny you say that, after I posted, I started to read it. On Alaska website it indicates that Alaska clients can continue to use AA lounges. However I couldn't find anything on the AA website that indicates I can continue to use Alaska's lounges.

I hope you are right, my understanding is AS could earn miles on AA internationally and AA could earn miles on AS codeshares, plus the lounge access would stay.

Fingers Crossed.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by The smallest state
It's funny you say that, after I posted, I started to read it. On Alaska website it indicates that Alaska clients can continue to use AA lounges. However I couldn't find anything on the AA website that indicates I can continue to use Alaska's lounges.

I hope you are right, my understanding is AS could earn miles on AA internationally and AA could earn miles on AS codeshares, plus the lounge access would stay.

Fingers Crossed.
From AA:

Admirals Club members will continue to have access to all Alaska Lounges in Anchorage (ANC), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX) and Los Angeles (LAX).
Also AA's lounge access page lists Alaska lounges; click the "Details" tab under "Admirals Club members".

Additionally, you can find partner lounges is by going to the lounge locations. So, for example, they list the PDX AS lounge as a partner lounge with the access restrictions: "Must present Admirals Club membership card and boarding pass for same day travel on an American Airlines or Alaska marketed and operated flight*."
JDiver and AAway like this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by ashill
From AA:

Also AA's lounge access page lists Alaska lounges; click the "Details" tab under "Admirals Club members".

Additionally, you can find partner lounges is by going to the lounge locations. So, for example, they list the PDX AS lounge as a partner lounge with the access restrictions: "Must present Admirals Club membership card and boarding pass for same day travel on an American Airlines or Alaska marketed and operated flight*."
Great info!!!! Thanks a lot.

PS - I promise I looked. I didn't find it on the Alaska Airlines info page on aa.com https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...a-airlines.jsp
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Does the Boardroom still offer pancakes at breakfast time and it it possible to take a shuttle from T6 to the eagles nest, or has that gone away with all the terminal shuffling? Looks like I have a 2hr layover on the way home on my HNL-LAX-SAN mileage run. Some pancakes would hit the spot after the redeye flight. Being able to go straight from T6 to the EN without having to trek all the way back to T4 would mean a more leisurely breakfast.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL, UA, bonvoy
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Does the Boardroom still offer pancakes at breakfast time and it it possible to take a shuttle from T6 to the eagles nest, or has that gone away with all the terminal shuffling? Looks like I have a 2hr layover on the way home on my HNL-LAX-SAN mileage run. Some pancakes would hit the spot after the redeye flight. Being able to go straight from T6 to the EN without having to trek all the way back to T4 would mean a more leisurely breakfast.
Mmmm pancakes . . . Yes, they still offer pancakes--in fact when I was in the Lounge at PDX recently, the Magic Pancake Maker was still operating in the late afternoon! I don't know if that was supposed to happen, but that's a rock-n-roll breakfast. As for the shuttle, I don't think you can get to the Nest from T6 anymore. However, since AA is using T5, you can make the comparatively shorter trek to get the shuttle there. In fact T5 is their official Nest terminal now.

Happy flying!

cheers,
YZ
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by The smallest state
PS - I promise I looked. I didn't find it on the Alaska Airlines info page on aa.com https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...a-airlines.jsp
Though I look there too, the lounge access partnership has no relationship to the frequent flyer partnership (in terms of the customer-facing rules, at least), so I suppose it makes some sense not to include the lounge partnership on the frequent flyer page. Still confusing, I agree.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by yankeezulu
Mmmm pancakes . . . Yes, they still offer pancakes--in fact when I was in the Lounge at PDX recently, the Magic Pancake Maker was still operating in the late afternoon! I don't know if that was supposed to happen, but that's a rock-n-roll breakfast. As for the shuttle, I don't think you can get to the Nest from T6 anymore. However, since AA is using T5, you can make the comparatively shorter trek to get the shuttle there. In fact T5 is their official Nest terminal now.

Happy flying!

cheers,
YZ
Can confirm. The pancake thingee in PDX board room is always out there. You can make pancakes any hour it is open.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by yankeezulu

Happy flying!

cheers,
YZ
Thank you YZ. It never dawned on me to use T5 for the terminal shuttle!
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
I am flying Alaska this week and am an Authorized User on a Citi Exec MC - does anyone know if I can access the Alaska Lounge in this scenario as an AU? I have searched and its hard to tell since its not a "full" AC membership
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by uscjeff
I am flying Alaska this week and am an Authorized User on a Citi Exec MC - does anyone know if I can access the Alaska Lounge in this scenario as an AU? I have searched and its hard to tell since its not a "full" AC membership
should be fine assuming you present the MC.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum Elite, Marriott Rewards Gold, National Executive Elite
Has anything changed in 2018

Has anyone tried or know if Citi exec card members can still access Alaska lounges in SEA? I read about changes that were happening in 2018
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
When I fly in and out of SEA on AA I use the Boardroom but only because there is no other lounge to use and it's (marginally) better than sitting at the gate. The food offerings are bottom of the barrell and the lounge is always packed, loud, and filthy.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by andremcintosh
Has anyone tried or know if Citi exec card members can still access Alaska lounges in SEA? I read about changes that were happening in 2018
Citi Executive Card holders are full Admirals Club annual members. Nothing has changed with the AA-AS Lounge reciprocity agreement, even after the AA-AS elite perks and miles earning on AS marketed flights has ended.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum Elite, Marriott Rewards Gold, National Executive Elite
Thanks...just attempted entry...as i am not the main cardholder only an authorized user i was denied
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by andremcintosh
Thanks...just attempted entry...as i am not the main cardholder only an authorized user i was denied
Ah. Only primary cardholders are Club members. Authorized users are granted access to Admirals Clubs, not affiliated / reciprocity lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.