Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

REACTION DISCUSSION: Combined AA/US AAdvantage program announced Oct 2014 – opinions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

PLEASE NOTE: Please use this thread started for impressions, opinions, reactions, feelings, concerns, etc. Attacks on individuals or groups - members with differing opinions, pre-merger AA or US flyers, lifetime status holders, mileage runners, etc. WILL NOT BE TOLERATED;posts containing such will be subject to summary deletion (moderators may do so rather than merely redact inappropriate or disruptive content), and members posting such repeatedly may be subject to sanctions defined in the Rules / TOS.

This thread has been dedicated for "REACTION and DISCUSSION" in an attempt to raise the signal to noise ratio in the "JUST THE FACTS" parallel thread, allowing members to find germane information about the announced AAdvantage program (merged pre-merger AAdvantage, and Dividend Miles) program there.

Thank you, the AA fora moderation team

AAdvantage loyalty program in 2015 - LINK
The AAdvantage program will continue to offer three elite status levels – AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum and Gold – and you’ll still have three ways to qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points and segments. On January 1, 2015, the segment qualification requirement for Executive Platinum will move to 120, and the current 100 segment threshold will continue until December 31, 2014.

Three tiers:
  • Executive Platinum - 100k EQM / 100k EQP / 120 Segments
  • Platinum - 50k EQM / 50k EQP / 60 Segments
  • Gold - 25k EQM / 25k EQP / 30 Segments

Elite Status Benefits:
  • AAdvantage elite status members receive select reciprocal benefits to enrich their travel journey when flying on US Airways.
  • This includes upgrades on US Airways on the day of departure when available, First/Business Class check-in, priority through security checkpoints, priority boarding, complimentary checked bags, access to preferred seats, and priority baggage delivery for Executive Platinum and Platinum members.
  • Upgrades will still be different on American and US Airways flights until we have a single reservation system at the end of 2015. For now, continue flying and enjoying reciprocal benefits and the ability to earn and redeem miles on both carriers. We’ll keep you updated as we move forward with other important integration milestones.

Million Miler Program:
  • 1 Million combined miles - Lifetime Gold Status
  • 2 Million combined miles - Lifetime Platinum Status

Upgrades on American: https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/AAdvantage2015/index.jsp#500mile
  • All flights 500 miles and under, no stickers needed and are complimentary regardless of elite status for the elite members.
  • Complimentary upgrades will be auto requested for all elite levels at booking. Non complimentary upgrades (aka those needing 500mi stickers) will have to be requested manually.
  • No complimentary upgrades for Y/B fares for Gold/Platinum anymore (unless flight is 500 miles or less)
  • Companion Upgrades still will require 500mi stickers to be used.
  • 8 SWUs for EXP level and EXPs still will not earn 500mi stickers to use for companions.

2015 - January Updates:
  • Executive Platinum and Chairman's Preferred members enjoy complimentary same-day confirmed flight changes on American, a new benefit
  • Redeem all your Special Dividends by early 2015; qualification ends in December 2014

2015 - 2nd Quarter Updates:
  • Move to three elite status levels in the AAdvantage program – Gold, Platinum and Executive Platinum
  • Qualify for elite status based on elite-qualifying miles, segments or points
  • Receive a 100% mileage bonus if you're a Dividend Miles Gold or Platinum member who becomes AAdvantage Platinum
  • Redeem miles for AAnytime awards and mileage upgrade awards on both American and US Airways marketed and operated flights
  • Upgrade on American marketed and operated flights before day of departure

N.B. The previous thread discussing the putative, pre-announcement AAdvantage program, entitled "Speculation and discussion of what the new merged FFP might look like (consolidated)" can be found here; it has been closed and archived.
Print Wikipost

REACTION DISCUSSION: Combined AA/US AAdvantage program announced Oct 2014 – opinions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Life Diamond, Hertz Presidents, former US former Charimans
Originally Posted by veliger
3 levels....
It seems that really the only reason that the number of levels counts is because of the sticker system and the "upgrade within tier" rule being time-of-booking. So if you are EXP, you can buy at the last minute and succeed at getting an upgrade even in advance of Platinums on stickers (is that right?).

Of all the upgrade systems out there, US's system of "miles flown past year" really sort of results in an "unlimited tier" model, at least for upgrades. If you've flown more, you get higher priority. In a model with comp upgrades, that means that a 60,000 mile flyer is behind a 60,001 mile flyer on the list... so unlimited tiers.

With the break points (at least segment-wise) being so hugely far apart in the AA model, 60 vs 120 (eg, 15 weeks of flying for me), it seems they really do need a middle tier - or some other mechanism - to show that flying 100 segments is worth it.

Or am I reading this wrong?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: WFBF
My expectations -- and rest assured I do pay attention -- were for some sort of compromise that preserved aspects of both programs. I'd have rated the most likely options to be either three-tier + UDUs offered to lower tiers, or four-tier + stickers.

Instead we got AAdvantage basically unchanged, and axed a bunch of the pmUS benefits. Not just the complimentary upgrades, either. For example, guaranteed Y availability is now an EXP-only benefit, when US Plat used to get it too. And that's without getting into the useful bits of Special Dividends, which have disappeared in the new program (and have that ominous "redeem early" warning in the email). So yeah, that was unexpected.

The suddenness of implementation is also unexpected. This late in the year, the correct thing would have been to announce that the switchover will be 2016 and will look at qualifying activity in 2015, since a lot of people have been spending a lot of money and doing a lot of flying in 2014 on the basis of a completely different advertised set of benefits.

The net result of this is that pmUS Silvers and Golds probably see a small net downgrade since they now compete with a much larger pool of elites for upgrades (back when I first started out with US and was Gold for about six months, I still had a pretty good upgrade rate -- good luck with that as an AA Plat!). The pmUS Silvers also get an extra helping of downgrade since they used to get Preferred seats for free on US but now are in the pay-for-MCE tier at AA.

The pmUS Platinums got screwed. The pmUS Platinums who had >100 segments in 2014 got flat-out royally hosed. There is no way to spin this with "you'll like the stickers, really" or "but it's preeeeeeeemium!" So please don't bother with that.

I'm already adjusting my flying in anticipation -- I can't prevent hitting 75k or probably even 80k PQM this year because stuff is already booked, but I can avoid wasting money on weird routings to try to hit 85k for the Special Dividends, since being able to gift US Silver -- now AA Gold -- is no longer useful, and with the pmUS upgrade system going away I won't get any use out of the upgrades on award tickets.

I'm also thinking about opening a betting pool on the date of first filing of a class-action suit to halt the implementation. FFs are famously litigious about even trivial things, and advertising one set of benefits for nearly 10 months, then yanking the rug out and saying "LOL NO" is not exactly a trivial thing. Would also be curious to know what AA legal's anticipated defense is, since I'm pretty sure a suit over this would have more than just a leg to stand on.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by brillb
You clearly live in a dream world down there in the happiest place on earth. Me, I happen to live in a coal town in central PA, home of the US Dash 8-100 turboprop. The product sucks. But US is the only airline at my airport. And I have a whopping 3 flights a day to choose from, and they all go to PHL, where at the F Terminal every 10 minutes you can have your hearing blasted out by a broken door alarm buzzer. In the winter I usually only make it to work or home from work on the same DAY that I expected about 70% of the time.

So, I pay through the nose for my flights, I get a terrible product, and when I do happen to luck out with a CRJ-700 I want to be able to get in F. Maybe AA works for you, and that's great, but you certainly don't know what the situation is for people who live elsewhere.
i don't get it ......
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ubernostrum

The pmUS Platinums got screwed. The pmUS Platinums who had >100 segments in 2014 got flat-out royally hosed.
Wait, won't they be EXP for the rest of 2015 when the programs combine? (They'd need 120 to requal)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
My expectations -- and rest assured I do pay attention -- were for some sort of compromise that preserved aspects of both programs. I'd have rated the most likely options to be either three-tier + UDUs offered to lower tiers, or four-tier + stickers.

Instead we got AAdvantage basically unchanged, and axed a bunch of the pmUS benefits. Not just the complimentary upgrades, either. For example, guaranteed Y availability is now an EXP-only benefit, when US Plat used to get it too. And that's without getting into the useful bits of Special Dividends, which have disappeared in the new program (and have that ominous "redeem early" warning in the email). So yeah, that was unexpected.

The suddenness of implementation is also unexpected. This late in the year, the correct thing would have been to announce that the switchover will be 2016 and will look at qualifying activity in 2015, since a lot of people have been spending a lot of money and doing a lot of flying in 2014 on the basis of a completely different advertised set of benefits.

The net result of this is that pmUS Silvers and Golds probably see a small net downgrade since they now compete with a much larger pool of elites for upgrades (back when I first started out with US and was Gold for about six months, I still had a pretty good upgrade rate -- good luck with that as an AA Plat!). The pmUS Silvers also get an extra helping of downgrade since they used to get Preferred seats for free on US but now are in the pay-for-MCE tier at AA.

The pmUS Platinums got screwed. The pmUS Platinums who had >100 segments in 2014 got flat-out royally hosed. There is no way to spin this with "you'll like the stickers, really" or "but it's preeeeeeeemium!" So please don't bother with that.

I'm already adjusting my flying in anticipation -- I can't prevent hitting 75k or probably even 80k PQM this year because stuff is already booked, but I can avoid wasting money on weird routings to try to hit 85k for the Special Dividends, since being able to gift US Silver -- now AA Gold -- is no longer useful, and with the pmUS upgrade system going away I won't get any use out of the upgrades on award tickets.

I'm also thinking about opening a betting pool on the date of first filing of a class-action suit to halt the implementation. FFs are famously litigious about even trivial things, and advertising one set of benefits for nearly 10 months, then yanking the rug out and saying "LOL NO" is not exactly a trivial thing. Would also be curious to know what AA legal's anticipated defense is, since I'm pretty sure a suit over this would have more than just a leg to stand on.
I don't expect to be upgraded on a free ticket unless I booked a first class mileage ticket. I am now seeing why PMUS first class stunk so bad. Yes a class action suit sounds like a great idea!! Have fun with that !! I can hear how til his may sound. Judge. I booked a coach ticket using miles and a year ago my airline would upgrade me free. But now they won't. Remember. Airlines can change benefits anytime.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Wait, won't they be EXP for the rest of 2015 when the programs combine? (They'd need 120 to requal)
For someone who is solely a pmUS flyer, merged status is based on US Dividend Miles status at the time of the merge. A pmUS flyer who posts 90-119 segments and <100k PQM in 2014 will be US Platinum at merge, and so will become AA PLT.

Meanwhile, if that flyer had an evil twin who took exactly the same set of flights in 2014 but credited to AA instead, the evil twin would be EXP, because they'd meet pre-merge AA's EXP segment threshold.

See what I mean about the "royally hosed" bit?

Originally Posted by aero0729
I don't expect to be upgraded on a free ticket unless I booked a first class mileage ticket. I am now seeing why PMUS first class stunk so bad. Yes a class action suit sounds like a great idea!! Have fun with that !! I can hear how til his may sound. Judge. I booked a coach ticket using miles and a year ago my airline would upgrade me free. But now they won't. Remember. Airlines can change benefits anytime.
Bait-and-switch is a real thing. And if someone relies in good faith on your promises to their (financial or otherwise) detriment, they can in fact haul your benefits-changing butt into court, yes, and "we said we reserved the right to change it" is not an ironclad guarantee that you'll win the case.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
You think you'll ever be able to share what you know, or a sanitized version? I assume from you stating that it almost went the other way. I'm really pleased with the new program.
same. would love to hear the full saga someday.

US is the only airline at my airport. And I have a whopping 3 flights a day to choose from, and they all go to PHL, where at the F Terminal every 10 minutes you can have your hearing blasted out by a broken door alarm buzzer. In the winter I usually only make it to work or home from work on the same DAY that I expected about 70% of the time.

So, I pay through the nose for my flights, I get a terrible product, and when I do happen to luck out with a CRJ-700 I want to be able to get in F. Maybe AA works for you, and that's great, but you certainly don't know what the situation is for people who live elsewhere.
That F terminal is indeed lousy, and we can bet pmUS will likely be the last major airline operation to give up turboprops, but when you do luck out with a CRJ700 you should have a good shot at getting into F given there are 9 seats.

It seems that really the only reason that the number of levels counts is because of the sticker system and the "upgrade within tier" rule being time-of-booking. So if you are EXP, you can buy at the last minute and succeed at getting an upgrade even in advance of Platinums on stickers (is that right?).
not at the last minute, necessarily. depending on demand and supply, PLT's start clearing at 72 hours out and GLD's at 24 hours. AA has often followed a policy of saving the final two F seats for last-minute sale, however, and EXP's therefore have had a decent shot at snagging one if unsold, even when buying relatively last minute.

With the break points (at least segment-wise) being so hugely far apart in the AA model, 60 vs 120 (eg, 15 weeks of flying for me), it seems they really do need a middle tier - or some other mechanism - to show that flying 100 segments is worth it.

Or am I reading this wrong?
not wrong, in fact for 2012 and 2013 AAdvantage offered interim tier extras at 40k and 75k, just not as a standing program feature. in 2013 the 75K level even offered a SWU as one of the choices. It would be nice to revive those bonuses.

Instead we got AAdvantage basically unchanged, and axed a bunch of the pmUS benefits. Not just the complimentary upgrades, either. For example, guaranteed Y availability is now an EXP-only benefit, when US Plat used to get it too.
It's true they won't bump someone to sell you a Y fare unless you're EXP. Even so, if you have any scheduling flexibility and are willing to pay Y (or B), you get (under current rules at least) dibs within the PLT or GLD tier and the computer rebates the upgrade stickers if cleared.

Bait-and-switch is a real thing. And if someone relies in good faith on your promises to their (financial or otherwise) detriment, they can in fact haul your benefits-changing butt into court, yes, and "we said we reserved the right to change it" is not an ironclad guarantee that you'll win the case.
Nope. Just look at the last major frequent flier suit ruling-- basically the verdict was that the federal airline law (the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978) trumps/pre-empts all of the usual state consumer and contract law duties regarding good faith dealing etc.

Dividend Miles has always been pretty ruthless in quick implementation of adverse changes anyway--- just recall the Baldanza-era try at removing status credit for all discount tickets, for instance.

That said, it's certainly distressing to see the latest sets of AAdvantage changes bypass prior longstanding practice of multi-month advance notice.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by martin33
It's true they won't bump someone to sell you a Y fare unless you're EXP. Even so, if you have any scheduling flexibility and are willing to pay Y (or B), you get (under current rules at least) dibs within the PLT or GLD tier and the computer rebates the upgrade stickers if cleared.
This is still a lost benefit, though -- pre-merge, both US Plat and US CP got the guaranteed seat if you were willing to pay full fare. Post-merge, only CP/EXP get it. And the people who need that benefit tend to really need it.

Originally Posted by martin33
Nope.
Just to be absolutely clear: I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit.

(repeat on blackboard a number of times equal to your current mileage balance)

I am saying someone will inevitably file the lawsuit. And I'm saying it's not an automatic win for the airline -- re-read Ginsberg carefully, because you are misrepresenting it. The Supreme Court held that some of Ginsberg's claims were pre-empted (those related to state law/good faith and fair dealing), but not that his breach-of-contract claim was pre-empted. That claim was sent back down to the Ninth Circuit for some more billable hours of debate.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by abk
As someone who is going to rely on lifetime platinum going forward I was dreading a four tier system that would knock the lifetime people down a notch in the pecking order.
Given what DL/NW and CO/UA did in their transition from 3 elite tiers to 4 elite tiers (and being personally hit as a legacy top tier in DL and UA when those things hit), and given the impact on MMers there (in the lead to the transition and then in the transition): I too was dreading an AA transition to 4 elite tiers.

Of course this AA announcement for 2015 doesn't preclude a possible future AA transition to four elite tiers. Rather I suspect that USdbaAA will revisit this issue at some point and lay the groundwork for such a transition well before a launching of four elite tiers. Fortunately, we've been given an indefinite reprieve from such change -- long may it last.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
PMUS flyers should stop whining. You are getting a first Class product worth upgrading to on longer flights (you do earn some free stickers) and free upgrades on shorter flights. You get meals now and it looks like you will finally see ice cream on your planes. You are getting a real route network. CP's are getting 8 SWU. Platinums are getting more bonus miles. You have the best loyalty program now. Keep complaining and maybe they will destroy it.
That's pretty myopic. First off, flying on AA in F isn't as hot as you make it out to be. The product was marginally better than US, but I didn't see anything orgasmic like you AA folks have made it out to be. Ice cream on flights? Ooo ... I'll take my $3 Ben and Jerry's cup, please.

That's not even including the fact that you have to fly on a 1981 S80 either.

Free upgrades on shorter flights is still a kick in the balls. Out of BWI, that leaves PHL and CLT. PHL is a 20 minute flight I'm lucky to even get a drink on most times, and to CLT I may get a refill.

US's route network was fine. I wasn't stuck having to go thru DFW for everywhere I wanted to go. For the times I went to Asia, there was an alliance member who could take me there where I could still get credit for it. AA had a horrid European network without BA and had a few Asian flights without JL or CX. Big deal.

Bottom line here is what works best for YOU may not work for someone else. Best is relative to what you need and what you value.

- You can go to United. No stickers needed! You will have to sit on the waitlist though and watch kettles buy the last first class seats for $75-$100 (hmmm maybe they should re-instate stickers)
UA certainly has its problems and may or may not be an option for some.

-You can go to Delta where Frequent Flyers are treated poorly with one devaluation after the other (Something AA really has not done)
They all devalue to some degrees - it's the general trend. Depending on your perspective, AA just devalued its program too. If you're already happy with AA's program, then there's largely no change for you. If you were happy with US's program, this is a kick in the balls.

I don't see why understanding that is so hard for AA folks.

So no..CP's no more choice benefit...but you get DOUBLE the SWU's to use on a much nicer product.
No more UDU's for Plats and below..BUT you get a decent first class product and smaller upgrade lists. I know you have been successful now with upgrades but as with all mega-mergers the lists get pretty long, stickers keep upgrade rates up and First Class a decent product.
Where is this orgasmic, much nicer F product you speak? I haven't seen it.

Double SWUs is nice, but losing the companion benefit really sucks.

Bottom line is we don't need you telling us how great the program is and how excited we should be for it if it doesn't meet one's needs.

I was Platinum on AA, switched form a UDU program and was much happier. Look at the bright sides of things and be appreciative for the program we have.
Good for you. YMMV, and that doesn't make someone who disagrees with you wrong or a whiner.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of all the upgrade systems out there, US's system of "miles flown past year" really sort of results in an "unlimited tier" model, at least for upgrades. If you've flown more, you get higher priority. In a model with comp upgrades, that means that a 60,000 mile flyer is behind a 60,001 mile flyer on the list... so unlimited tiers.
True to a point. You still have the hard tier breaks - what you're talking about is more of a sub-tier for tie-breaking purposes. A PP that has flown 0 miles this year will still have a higher priority than ALL golds and silvers but will be at the bottom of the heap within the PP tier. Similarly, someone who bought CP in the past would have priority over EVERYONE below CP even if they flew 99,999 miles that year.

A little OT - I think CP sounds much better than EXP.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, because after it's been stated many times, there weren't that many elites on US. So that CLEARLY led to US's F being so awful.

Have you ever flown in US F?

You had to fly 85k to get that special dividend, and if you bought status you didn't get it. It was a nice perk, but one that probably wasn't used that much. I used it exactly once this past summer when we had to attend a funeral.

Try again.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:58 am

This is still a lost benefit, though -- pre-merge, both US Plat and US CP got the guaranteed seat if you were willing to pay full fare. Post-merge, only CP/EXP get it. And the people who need that benefit tend to really need it.

Just to be absolutely clear: I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit. I am not saying someone will win a lawsuit.

(repeat on blackboard a number of times equal to your current mileage balance)

I am saying someone will inevitably file the lawsuit. And I'm saying it's not an automatic win for the airline -- re-read Ginsberg carefully, because you are misrepresenting it. The Supreme Court held that some of Ginsberg's claims were pre-empted (those related to state law/good faith and fair dealing), but not that his breach-of-contract claim was pre-empted. That claim was sent back down to the Ninth Circuit for some more billable hours of debate.
It seems like one counterargument will be that the DM program will cease to exist. So the benefits a DM member was promised did not change. They simply ended. So now a customer might argue for compensation for this, but AA will say it's been granted in the new program. They'll also say they warned customers that benefits would change via email and the merger web page.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
PMUS flyers should stop whining. You are getting a first Class product worth upgrading to on longer flights (you do earn some free stickers) and free upgrades on shorter flights.
What planet are you living on? I thought the product on longhaul US was fine. I got free upgrades on US. I got to fly on the A330 to San Juan and to London. The US product was perfectly fine.

You get meals now and it looks like you will finally see ice cream on your planes.
I'm supposed to do cartwheels because I now get ice cream?

You are getting a real route network.
Not sure where you are getting this idea that US has no route network. It worked perfectly fine for me and US served about 4x more flights out of DCA to about 6x more cities than AA did. So, what am I missing? NRT? I could have done that on UA or ANA. About the only places where AA really had a network advantage were Texas and South America.

CP's are getting 8 SWU. Platinums are getting more bonus miles.
At the cost of having to pay for the upgrades for any flight.

You have the best loyalty program now. Keep complaining and maybe they will destroy it.
They'll do that irrespective of any complaining. Just wait until 2016 when integration is done. I get the feeling nobody is going to be happy.

No more UDU's for Plats and below..BUT you get a decent first class product and smaller upgrade lists. I know you have been successful now with upgrades but as with all mega-mergers the lists get pretty long, stickers keep upgrade rates up and First Class a decent product.
How exactly will the upgrade lists on the new AA be smaller? In both other mergers the lists got longer....Much longer. Indeed, I've seen only one AA flight out of the 20 or so I've taken this year go out with an empty seat. And that was a 7:00 am flight out of DCA where the back of the plane had 30 people in it.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:01 am

I am saying someone will inevitably file the lawsuit. And I'm saying it's not an automatic win for the airline
automatic win or no, there's no sleep being lost at any frequent flyer program on this front we can be sure. what members ever won a breach of contract claim? after much larger changes than the current set, 13 years of AAdvantage litigation resulted only in the 2001 Wolens/Gutterman settlement notionally valued at $100 million but really just a bunch of scrip certificates for actual consumers. In comparison, last quarter's profits were $1.2 billion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.