Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards from BarclayCard
There are five AAdvantage-linked Aviator-branded cards by Barclaycard. Two of them can be applied for directly, the other three are upgrades or downgrades after receiving a Red card.

The Many Flavors of Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator

Where can I see information on all available Barclays Barclaycard AAdvantage cards?

Aviator Red (On AA.com)
Aviator Silver (On AA.com)
Aviator Business (On AA.com)
Aviator Red applications are available at the airport, in flight, or online at https://www.barclaycardus.com/.

Red cardholders may receive an offer to upgrade to Aviator Silver after a period of time that varies, usually 3-11 months. The offer appears in the online "Offers" section, if it is declined there may be no simple way to receive the upgrade. Be careful with your clicking! Silver benefits begin at the start of the next statement, but the increased annual fee won't hit until the next card-member year starts.

Aviator Silver Vs Red
Annual Fee: Silver $199 Red $99
Miles on AA Purchases: Silver 3x Red 2x
Miles on hotels and car rentals: Silver 2x, Red 1x
Miles on all other purchases: Silver 1x, Red 1x
Bonus Loyalty Points: Silver 5k LP after $20k/$40k/$50k Per Status Year Red None
In-Flight Food & Beverage: Silver $25 back/day Red 25% back
Wifi Credits: Silver $50/anniversary year Red $25/anniversary year
Companion Ticket: Silver 2 Companions Red 1 Companion (Minimum Anniversary-Year Spend Required for both)
PreCheck/Global Entry: Silver $100 credit Red No Credit

Card Benefit Details

FlyerTalk thread Citi & Barclaycard AAdvantage Credit Card Free Domestic Checked Bag / Baggage

Aviator Silver Bonus Loyalty Points: Bonuses are based on spend during status year, not anniversary year. When upgrading to Silver your Red spending will carry over. Five thousand Loyalty Points after spending $20k/$40k/$50k. You cannot stack multiple Silver accounts to earn this multiple times.

Companion Certificate: $20k in anniversary year spend required, issued about 45 days after you annual fee hits. Red gets one companion, Silver can have two. $99+tax for companions, round-trip 48 contiguous US States only unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii, in which case you may fly from your home state to the 48.

Print Wikipost

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by G.RAES
I received a reply from AAdvantage confirming that the bonus EQD for mileage earned in late 2017 be posted towards 2017 qualification; however, they appear to have been posted dating to my statement closing date, counting for the 2018 qualification year. I have asked if this could be revised.
Please update us here on your progress. I was waiting for my final $3000 EQD for spend made in early-Dec (posted well before my Dec credit card statement closed). I was assured by AA and Barclay that it would count for 2017, but I just had $6000 EQD post for 2018.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:11 am

Mine too were counted towards 2018 even though they were earned in early dec 2017 and I was told they would count towards 2017. Hopefully they can be revised
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Please update us here on your progress. I was waiting for my final $3000 EQD for spend made in early-Dec (posted well before my Dec credit card statement closed). I was assured by AA and Barclay that it would count for 2017, but I just had $6000 EQD post for 2018.

-FlyerBeek
Had exact same thing happen to me today. Will call AA later today. If anyone calls earlier please let us know the outcome, and give advice on how to proceed- what number to call, what to say, etc. to expedite correction. Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:40 am

Unhappy EQD Dating Issues with barclaycard

I have suffered from the same issue. My last purchase on December 29, 2017 crossed the $25,000 threshold. The Barclaycard website shows that I achieved the goal for 2017, My EQDs posted to AA's website today and it shows 3,000 EQD for 2018. Reading the rules, it should not work this way, but will be curious to hear if others manage to correct this situation. Will try calling later.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:48 am

This is hilarious -- my EQD posted today to 2017, but unlike you guys I wanted them to count for 2018 and was hoping to time things so that what happened to you guys would happen to me. But they didn't! Anyway, here's my datapoint.

12/30/17 -- crossed $50,000.
1/3/18 -- the charge that crossed the $50,000 posted to my barclays account
Today (1/11/18) -- the EQD posted to aa.com, with a posting date of 12/31/17. My EQD for this year remain the same, but my EQD for 2017 has increased $3,000.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
This is hilarious -- my EQD posted today to 2017, but unlike you guys I wanted them to count for 2018 and was hoping to time things so that what happened to you guys would happen to me. But they didn't! Anyway, here's my datapoint.

12/30/17 -- crossed $50,000.
1/3/18 -- the charge that crossed the $50,000 posted to my barclays account
Today (1/11/18) -- the EQD posted to aa.com, with a posting date of 12/31/17. My EQD for this year remain the same, but my EQD for 2017 has increased $3,000.
I think others besides myself told you that the spend in 2017 will not count towards 2018. since everything is reset at 2018.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I think others besides myself told you that the spend in 2017 will not count towards 2018. since everything is reset at 2018.
Yeah, you did and I assumed you'd be right -- but there was no downside to trying it. And, from the datapoints above, it seems like it did credit for many in 2018. Whether it will be reversed or not, who knows.

But there was virtually no downside to my waiting and giving it a shot.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:56 am

I emailed Barclaycard and they responded that they are aware (as is American) that this is a problem and they opened a case for me. It sounds like it could take a while to resolve. They also indicated that it could impact my earning of EQD in 2018 for the calendar year - however, I assume that will be corrected once the error is reversed.

I also spoke to American who said that I needed to resolve this with Barclaycard by asking them to send American instructions to treat the award as a 2017 award.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by dekeuk
I emailed Barclaycard and they responded that they are aware (as is American) that this is a problem and they opened a case for me. It sounds like it could take a while to resolve. They also indicated that it could impact my earning of EQD in 2018 for the calendar year - however, I assume that will be corrected once the error is reversed.

I also spoke to American who said that I needed to resolve this with Barclaycard by asking them to send American instructions to treat the award as a 2017 award.
I also had 2017 EQDs post for 2018, which is fine with me (didn't need them for 2017 requalification). So now I have to wait and hope they don't fix it? LOL.
atxtraveler likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:14 pm

I was told that it will be fixed for everyone and it should take no more than a week
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1P, DL PM
Very helpful AAdvantage agent said that I was the second person to call about this problem on her shift today. She started a ticket, took some information about the Barclaycard account, and advised that they would have to go back to Barclaycard and request that the bonus EQD be re-sent. She suggested that a resolution should come within 7-10 business days.

I separately reached out to Barclaycard, who did not appear to understand the question and merely copy-pasted the terms of the EQD offer as given in the card application.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by G.RAES
Very helpful AAdvantage agent said that I was the second person to call about this problem on her shift today. She started a ticket, took some information about the Barclaycard account, and advised that they would have to go back to Barclaycard and request that the bonus EQD be re-sent. She suggested that a resolution should come within 7-10 business days.

I separately reached out to Barclaycard, who did not appear to understand the question and merely copy-pasted the terms of the EQD offer as given in the card application.
At least for me this was fixed overnight. Date of credit changed to 12/31/17 (from 1/8/18) and EQD amount changed to $3000, instead of $6000. Info now correct on-line.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pubsmeister
At least for me this was fixed overnight. Date of credit changed to 12/31/17 (from 1/8/18) and EQD amount changed to $3000, instead of $6000. Info now correct on-line.
Mine was also fixed overnight. The EQDs where change to 2017 instead of 2018
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AS 100K
Same here. 3k EQD and 5k EQM now posted in 2017. The beautiful thing is I had 145k EQMs in 2017, so now I have 150k and two extra SWUs.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
My EDQ issues also appears to have been fixed overnight. The EQDs that were showing in my 2018 tracker have now been moved to 2017. The January 8th EQD entry in my AAdvantage account activity has been removed, and there's now a December 31st EQD entry.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.