Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)

Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards from BarclayCard
There are five AAdvantage-linked Aviator-branded cards by Barclaycard. Two of them can be applied for directly, the other three are upgrades or downgrades after receiving a Red card.

The Many Flavors of Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator

Where can I see information on all available Barclays Barclaycard AAdvantage cards?

Aviator Red (On AA.com)
Aviator Silver (On AA.com)
Aviator Business (On AA.com)
Aviator Red applications are available at the airport, in flight, or online at https://www.barclaycardus.com/.

Red cardholders may receive an offer to upgrade to Aviator Silver after a period of time that varies, usually 3-11 months. The offer appears in the online "Offers" section, if it is declined there may be no simple way to receive the upgrade. Be careful with your clicking! Silver benefits begin at the start of the next statement, but the increased annual fee won't hit until the next card-member year starts.

Aviator Silver Vs Red
Annual Fee: Silver $199 Red $99
Miles on AA Purchases: Silver 3x Red 2x
Miles on hotels and car rentals: Silver 2x, Red 1x
Miles on all other purchases: Silver 1x, Red 1x
Bonus Loyalty Points: Silver 5k LP after $20k/$40k/$50k Per Status Year Red None
In-Flight Food & Beverage: Silver $25 back/day Red 25% back
Wifi Credits: Silver $50/anniversary year Red $25/anniversary year
Companion Ticket: Silver 2 Companions Red 1 Companion (Minimum Anniversary-Year Spend Required for both)
PreCheck/Global Entry: Silver $100 credit Red No Credit

Card Benefit Details

FlyerTalk thread Citi & Barclaycard AAdvantage Credit Card Free Domestic Checked Bag / Baggage

Aviator Silver Bonus Loyalty Points: Bonuses are based on spend during status year, not anniversary year. When upgrading to Silver your Red spending will carry over. Five thousand Loyalty Points after spending $20k/$40k/$50k. You cannot stack multiple Silver accounts to earn this multiple times.

Companion Certificate: $20k in anniversary year spend required, issued about 45 days after you annual fee hits. Red gets one companion, Silver can have two. $99+tax for companions, round-trip 48 contiguous US States only unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii, in which case you may fly from your home state to the 48.

Print Wikipost

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)

Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
50k miles plus 500 miles f you sign up today. Also the $99 initial fee is currently being waived (currently sitting on flight and that’s what she said). Poor sucker next to me took 2 apps.
Old Yesterday, 7:48 pm

Where are my loyalty points with barclays aviator credit card

I should have +7,000 loyalty points posted to my AAdvantage account. I paid my monthly credit card bill over 2 weeks ago. I got my AAdvantage miles posted 2 weeks ago but no loyalty points. In the past I would get my loyalty points at the same time I got my miles in my AAdvantage account shortly after paying my monthly credit card bill. I have made numerous calls and emails to both Barclays and American with no loyalty points added to my AAdvantage account. Are others seeing the same thing ? It seems after March 1, 2024 I am no longer earning loyalty points with my Barclays Aviator credit card. I'm getting ready to cancel the account.
Old Yesterday, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Travelsimon2010
I should have +7,000 loyalty points posted to my AAdvantage account. I paid my monthly credit card bill over 2 weeks ago. I got my AAdvantage miles posted 2 weeks ago but no loyalty points. In the past I would get my loyalty points at the same time I got my miles in my AAdvantage account shortly after paying my monthly credit card bill. I have made numerous calls and emails to both Barclays and American with no loyalty points added to my AAdvantage account. Are others seeing the same thing ? It seems after March 1, 2024 I am no longer earning loyalty points with my Barclays Aviator credit card. I'm getting ready to cancel the account.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Were you aware of this recent development?

LPs for AA Credit Card Spend in February New Rule for 2024

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.