FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1623794-barclaycard-aadvantage-aviator-silver-red-cards-master-thread.html)

Bayview2011 Aug 12, 2022 1:36 pm

Carry forward of red card spend

Great news. Assume 1 year after you got red? Will Barclaycard transfer your red card spend to your new silver card so you can get a head start of the 5K loyalty points bonuses?

RedElmo Aug 12, 2022 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by EXPLAT (Post 34510006)
Wife received an offer to upgrade to Silver. She accepted and the offer is now gone from her offers. The account still shows the Red Card. How long does it take for the account to show the Silver as the card? How long for the LP's to post if the required spend has already been completed?

Similar question. I downgraded my card to a no fee master card. But online is still showing the fee and the paid card. It’s been several days now

Phillyasian Aug 14, 2022 12:23 pm

After going through several pages I didn't see this question so let me ask. Are there any issues with getting the sign up bonus miles for the AA Red card if you've had the card and received signup bonus miles in the past, albeit at least 3 years ago and it's been closed for that many years? Thanks for any info on this!

Bayview2011 Aug 14, 2022 12:28 pm

Red card 2nd bonus

We got a second bonus on red card… Was about 3 years or so. First red card we upgraded to
silver before getting rid of it. Awaiting another “offer” for silver. Really hoping they’ll credit red card spend towards the loyalty points $20k bonus. I saw one poster advising they would likely credit it… But no confirmation

Drwaz99 Aug 14, 2022 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Phillyasian (Post 34514228)
After going through several pages I didn't see this question so let me ask. Are there any issues with getting the sign up bonus miles for the AA Red card if you've had the card and received signup bonus miles in the past, albeit at least 3 years ago and it's been closed for that many years? Thanks for any info on this!

I closed my first Aviator Red in 12/20 and reapplied in April of this year (closed about 16ish months) and received the bonus no problem. The general rule with Barclays is that if you are approved again, you'll get the SUB.

RedElmo Aug 14, 2022 1:46 pm

Youre probably ok. I got a second bonus after two years.

zzrayzz Aug 14, 2022 2:27 pm

Is there a bonus for spending $15k on aviator red this year?

JC_Charlotte Aug 15, 2022 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Bayview2011 (Post 34514241)
We got a second bonus on red card… Was about 3 years or so. First red card we upgraded to
silver before getting rid of it. Awaiting another “offer” for silver. Really hoping they’ll credit red card spend towards the loyalty points $20k bonus. I saw one poster advising they would likely credit it… But no confirmation

I upgraded to silver this year and they did not count my spending on the red before the upgrade (I had some back and froth with them on it but got nowhere). Hope you have better luck.

plancast Aug 15, 2022 2:03 pm

Was just offered an upgrade to silver yesterday and accepted. Received an email that my new card would be sent on Sept12th.

Bayview2011 Aug 15, 2022 2:52 pm

Silver card

Great re: silver upgrade. When you get it, let us all know if they credit your account with the number of loyalty points/spend you had with the red card…. One person said they got credited and another said they didn’t. It’s important for AA bonus loyalty point bonuses at $20k etc Thanks!

HGF Aug 16, 2022 9:17 am

Originally Posted by EXPLAT (Post 34510006)
Wife received an offer to upgrade to Silver. She accepted and the offer is now gone from her offers. The account still shows the Red Card. How long does it take for the account to show the Silver as the card? How long for the LP's to post if the required spend has already been completed?

Did you ever receive any sort of confirmation? I recently upgraded as well and the exact same thing happened. I'm wondering if I should call

JC_Charlotte Aug 16, 2022 9:51 am

For mine, I did not and confirmed by using the chat online.

xjaehyun Aug 16, 2022 10:04 am

I got a 2nd signup bonus while I had a World Mastercard Aviator Red (before it switched to World Elite MC). I've also gotten it a few more times after that so you should be fine.

zzrayzz Aug 16, 2022 8:55 pm

They only offer upgrade to silver after 1 year of having the card right?

Drwaz99 Aug 17, 2022 2:13 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz (Post 34520958)
They only offer upgrade to silver after 1 year of having the card right?

That's the earliest that they will offer it. Whether they offer it at that point is YMMV.