Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards from BarclayCard
There are five AAdvantage-linked Aviator-branded cards by Barclaycard. Two of them can be applied for directly, the other three are upgrades or downgrades after receiving a Red card.

The Many Flavors of Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator

Where can I see information on all available Barclays Barclaycard AAdvantage cards?

Aviator Red (On AA.com)
Aviator Silver (On AA.com)
Aviator Business (On AA.com)
Aviator Red applications are available at the airport, in flight, or online at https://www.barclaycardus.com/.

Red cardholders may receive an offer to upgrade to Aviator Silver after a period of time that varies, usually 3-11 months. The offer appears in the online "Offers" section, if it is declined there may be no simple way to receive the upgrade. Be careful with your clicking! Silver benefits begin at the start of the next statement, but the increased annual fee won't hit until the next card-member year starts.

Aviator Silver Vs Red
Annual Fee: Silver $199 Red $99
Miles on AA Purchases: Silver 3x Red 2x
Miles on hotels and car rentals: Silver 2x, Red 1x
Miles on all other purchases: Silver 1x, Red 1x
Bonus Loyalty Points: Silver 5k LP after $20k/$40k/$50k Per Status Year Red None
In-Flight Food & Beverage: Silver $25 back/day Red 25% back
Wifi Credits: Silver $50/anniversary year Red $25/anniversary year
Companion Ticket: Silver 2 Companions Red 1 Companion (Minimum Anniversary-Year Spend Required for both)
PreCheck/Global Entry: Silver $100 credit Red No Credit

Card Benefit Details

FlyerTalk thread Citi & Barclaycard AAdvantage Credit Card Free Domestic Checked Bag / Baggage

Aviator Silver Bonus Loyalty Points: Bonuses are based on spend during status year, not anniversary year. When upgrading to Silver your Red spending will carry over. Five thousand Loyalty Points after spending $20k/$40k/$50k. You cannot stack multiple Silver accounts to earn this multiple times.

Companion Certificate: $20k in anniversary year spend required, issued about 45 days after you annual fee hits. Red gets one companion, Silver can have two. $99+tax for companions, round-trip 48 contiguous US States only unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii, in which case you may fly from your home state to the 48.

Print Wikipost

Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 3:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
so did they find your unused cert?
No.. its gone.
Old May 14, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Probably just my OCD, but has anyone else noticed the progress tracker for the third 5k LP spend milestone seems to be calibrated for $60k of spend and not $50k (as published)? For example, I'm slightly over the halfway mark at $26k spend yet the tracker still shows me less than half way there:

-FlyerBeek
Old May 14, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Probably just my OCD, but has anyone else noticed the progress tracker for the third 5k LP spend milestone seems to be calibrated for $60k of spend and not $50k (as published)? For example, I'm slightly over the halfway mark at $26k spend yet the tracker still shows me less than half way there:

-FlyerBeek
Nothing of real value to add unfortunately, but I couldn't help but notice that I also hit the first milestone on May 3! Congrats to us
Old May 14, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
If anybody cares, it took exactly 27 days for my 5000 LPs to actually post to my account.
dciolli likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by apeortdz
If anybody cares, it took exactly 27 days for my 5000 LPs to actually post to my account.
Did you hit the $20k spend on April 13th?
Old May 14, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Did you hit the $20k spend on April 13th?
Yes. Exactly!
Old May 14, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I care! Thanks for the data point!

-FlyerBeek
apeortdz and dciolli like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Yes. Exactly!
Ok, so Barclay's is continuing their practice of posting these bonuses on the 10th day of the month, after the statement when you cross the threshold closes.
apeortdz likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 4:16 am

Aviator Red benefits when flying AA on a B6 ticket

Just sharing a data point from a recent trip. I was flying on a B6 ticket on an AA operated flight. I have the Aviator Red card and had my AA FF # on the reservation. At check in, I had to pay for a checked bag. The agent checked with their supervisor and said the Aviator checked bag benefit doesn’t apply on a B6 ticket. I still got Group 5 boarding though. That showed up automatically on my boarding pass.
Old May 20, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by kilbornr
Just sharing a data point from a recent trip. I was flying on a B6 ticket on an AA operated flight. I have the Aviator Red card and had my AA FF # on the reservation. At check in, I had to pay for a checked bag. The agent checked with their supervisor and said the Aviator checked bag benefit doesn’t apply on a B6 ticket. I still got Group 5 boarding though. That showed up automatically on my boarding pass.
What is a "B6" ticket?
Old May 20, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AA-EXP
B6 is Jet Blue.

Here is an underused resource: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glos...rSelected=****
Old May 21, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I've gone back a number of pages on this thread and am still a bit unclear as I seem to see conflicting information from different people.

I have the red card. According to the spend counter, I am at $14k spend until October 31 (??) for my companion cert. I now have the offer to upgrade to the silver card. The main question I have is whether my $14k spend so far will still be there towards the companion cert and towards the bonus LPs? And is the bonus LP counter separate from the companion counter?
Old May 23, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold/OneWorld Ruby
Two AAdvantage Aviator Silver Mastercard Questions

I have a couple questions about the AAdvantage Aviator Silver Mastercard; I've tried searching the forum and wiki and I can't seem to find the answers, so thought I'd ask them here:

1) I see it gets 3 AAdvantage miles per $1 of spend on American Airlines. Does it still get only 1 loyalty point per $1 of spend whether or not that's on American Airlines purchases?

2) If I designate an authorized user, do they get a card tied to their own AAdvantage number, or to mine? Does an authorized user with their own card get the one free checked bag benefit, or does that only apply if they are flying on the same reservation with the primary card holder?

Thank you!
Old May 23, 2022, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
1) For all credit card spend you earn 1 LP per dollar only, the 2x or 3x category bonuses are for RDM only and not LP's.

2) Any authorized user spend will credit to your AA account. But the checked bag benefit is for the primary cardholder only and not AU's.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
I just wish I knew where I could get an application for this exclusive opportunity!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.