Search

Miles Accrual on Japan Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Starwood Platnium, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Miles Accrual on Japan Airlines

Hello,

I just recently bought a ticket on AA.com and the status is on request right now. However at the top of the page it says the following.

"Some fares purchased on AAdvantage participating airlines are not eligible for mileage accrual. View eligible booking codes and mileage accrual rates by airline on the AAdvantage Airline Partner page."

I am flying 2 AA flights then a Japan Airlines to Singapore, on the way back a flight operated by Japan Airlines and then 2 AA flights.

I thought Japan Airlines was a partner for mileage accrual. Am I missing something here?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Mileage earning on partner airlines depends on a combination of route + fare buckets.
You can figure out what you will earn using this chart on aa.com.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:14 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
You should always ask these questions *before* you book the ticket. If you have AA codeshares operated by JL, then you'll get 100% mileage accrual.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Ah one of them isn't a code share... Is it best to call to pay the difference for a full fare or cancel the ticket and rebook?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeff Sloyer
Ah one of them isn't a code share... Is it best to call to pay the difference for a full fare or cancel the ticket and rebook?
What do you mean by "best" Do you need to EQM for requalifying?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:44 am
Original Poster

I just need miles not elite qualifying miles.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
NRT-SIN is around 3300 mi. If your one non-AA codeshare flight is on the lowest coach earning (30%) you'd still get around 1,000 miles vs. the full 3300 miles for a full fare.

No way I'd pay possibly thousands more for a full fare + change fees to pick up an extra 2000 miles.

Last edited by JJeffrey; Oct 24, 2014 at 10:53 am
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just need miles not elite qualifying miles.
Its about 3300 miles from NRT-SIN; so you'll earn about 1000 miles even w/a deep discount economy fare.

Im pretty sure it would be much cheaper to buy 2,000 miles (c. 60.00 USD) instead of paying the change fees, etc.. to up your fare so that you'd earn those miles; and I'm certain it would be much easier to buy them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.