Upgrade List [not showing up on AA app]

Old Oct 19, 14, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime

I am flying today on Flight 1060 ORD-LAX. I have been checking the AA App on my phone since this morning and the upgrade list is not showing up.

Has anyone else seen this issue lately or is it just me?

Vincent
Old Oct 19, 14, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I see it. Looks like your number 1 if your Gre. V
Old Oct 19, 14, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Originally Posted by P50andPilot View Post
I see it. Looks like your number 1 if your Gre. V
Yeah, thats me. I got the upgrade but I still never saw the upgrade list on my phone. I just upgraded to the latest version on my Android the other day.
Old Oct 19, 14, 7:17 pm

Programs: really nothing anymore

I find that I have do something like look at my reservations before looking at a specific upgrade list. otherwise I don't see the list. this using the android app.
Old Oct 19, 14, 7:26 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IME gotta be logged in
Old Oct 20, 14, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HNL View Post
IME gotta be logged in
Also, hit the back button a couple of times. It may take you to the home page where you re-log in and then it works.

Noticed this a while ago on my android. Havent tried recently though
Old Apr 11, 17, 9:13 am
Community Director

Any tips for iPhone users? Flight departs in 3 hours and I've yet to find the upgrade list.
Old Apr 11, 17, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Any tips for iPhone users? Flight departs in 3 hours and I've yet to find the upgrade list.
I usually have to refresh a few times but given that I see a few posts about this, perhaps there is an issue.
Old Apr 11, 17, 9:46 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by JoshPA View Post
I usually have to refresh a few times.
I've refreshed at least 10 times as well as logging out and back in. No joy.
Old Apr 11, 17, 10:25 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Not sure if it the same on iOS, but I think you have to swipe up the bottom menu to display the menu item for the upgrade list.
Old Apr 11, 17, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Not seeing it as well and my flight departs in 8 hours. All I see is that the upgrade has been requested.

Noticed that there are a lot more seats available now in the MC but the number of seats assigned in F is still the same than there was last night. Interesting.

Wondering if a TPAC flight has been delayed enough to the point they've started pulling connecting passengers of the flight.

Heading SFO - PHL on the red-eye. I have the entire exit row section on the A321 at the front of the cabin to myself at this point. Whoa... LOL
Old Apr 11, 17, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt DSC, HHonors/SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc View Post
Not seeing it as well and my flight departs in 8 hours. All I see is that the upgrade has been requested.

Noticed that there are a lot more seats available now in the MC but the number of seats assigned in F is still the same than there was last night. Interesting.

Wondering if a TPAC flight has been delayed enough to the point they've started pulling connecting passengers of the flight.

Heading SFO - PHL on the red-eye. I have the entire exit row section on the A321 at the front of the cabin to myself at this point. Whoa... LOL
AA's apps have never displayed the upgrade list until 4 hours prior to flight. After the most recent update, as recently reported, the upgrade list shows 4 hours prior to flight by "swiping up." Worked flawlessly for me in iOS today.
Old Apr 11, 17, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used to be able to see the upgrade list for any flight by using flight status. Today I wanted to check an earlier flight to see how many were on the list as compared to open F seats. The app would only show me the upgrade list for my original flight.
Old Apr 11, 17, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
This happens occasionally to me in IOS as well. Refresh never seems to fix it. Log off/Log on takes care of it... It's a nuisance that I've been experiencing for quite some time.

Cheers.
Old Apr 12, 17, 5:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I couldn't get the upgrade list to show for me on a flight on Monday night, either. I had just updated to the new AA iOS app, and assumed it was a bug in the app.

Search this Thread