Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade List [not showing up on AA app]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
I finally figured out a reliable way to get the View Upgrade List option to show reliably. If the option is not showing, first login if you aren't already and if you are logged in, go back to the home screen and click on your aadvantage account and wait until the member since and last activity information loads (basically I think that indicates the app has refreshed your logged in session) and then when you view flight status for a flight within 4 hours the View Upgrade List option will show. Works now for me reliably whenever the option to view the upgrade list disappears.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:20 pm

Seems like the new iOS app version has removed the ability to see the upgrade lists. I used to do the login screen to show the member since and it worked, but not more.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by olouie
Seems like the new iOS app version has removed the ability to see the upgrade lists. I used to do the login screen to show the member since and it worked, but not more.
it worked fine for me yesterday. Now seems more logically located and easy to find when you view your reservation.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Try logging out and logging back into your account. It's showing fine for me on iOS, but I often have to do this if I have not used the app for a while, especially after some app updates.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by econometrics
Try logging out and logging back into your account. It's showing fine for me on iOS, but I often have to do this if I have not used the app for a while, especially after some app updates.
Anyone have a solution for Android? The logout log back in solution doesn't seem to work for Android.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Anyone have a solution for Android? The logout log back in solution doesn't seem to work for Android.
Yes. Get an iPhone.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Works fine on both of my android phones. Haven't had to do anything different. How early are you checking?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Worked fine on my Android today. I was able to see that (as an EXP) I was number 8 on the list for a Wednesday afternoon DFW-RDU flight.

​​
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Worked fine on my Android today. I was able to see that (as an EXP) I was number 8 on the list for a Wednesday afternoon DFW-RDU flight.

​​
Your EQDs must be really low.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EP
What is the purpose of making the list so difficult to see, and only available on mobile and only 4 hours before departure? Why can't anyone publicly see it at any time, on aa.com?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by samm
What is the purpose of making the list so difficult to see, and only available on mobile and only 4 hours before departure? Why can't anyone publicly see it at any time, on aa.com?
I think UA posts theirs at T24? I like that.

Maybe AA is just saving us the extra 20 hours of anxiously refreshing the list to see if we clear?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:08 am

​​
I was 7th PHX-DFW on Thursday night. $16K rolling EQD.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by samm
The app shows the airport upgrade list (a filtered view of the PAL), which doesn't exist until a few hours before the flight.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by badkneeski
Your EQDs must be really low.
I hit 12K YTD on that flight. I didn't track EQD last year, but I guesstimate a couple of thousand from Q4 2016, so I probably have around 14K over the past 12 months.

(I estimate I'll hit around 20K this year with credit card EQD and my upcoming DFW-SYD trip in premium economy.)
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EP
The app shows the airport upgrade list (a filtered view of the PAL), which doesn't exist until a few hours before the flight.
Ah, interesting. I had assumed the upgrade standby list was the same as the ordered list that is generated as people buy their tickets and request upgrades at the point of purchase. A week before departure there is still an (ordered) list somewhere of everyone who's requested upgrades.. but it seems like that list is not publicly accessible at all, and is filtered/converted to PALL at T-4 hrs, at which point the app maybe possibly shows it to you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.