Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dusseldorf upgrades for June 2015 suddenly disappeared .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro

I don't know where to put this because it was a strange occurrence. I watched the ORD - DUS flights in June for upgrades for 2 months while i awaited earning my SWUs. I saw that every day had 7 c availability and I upgraded a couple of weeks ago.
I looked today and every upgrade is gone for the 7 days I checked in both directions.
Since I've flown the route and noticed that J is not always filled, I'm confused by this sudden change. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
maybe they are considering cancelling service, and don't want to have to reaccomodate you on a busier flight?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Is it J7 C0?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
In the DFW-PVG thread we've noticed the same thing. Many flights (at least 20 that I know of) were C7 and suddenly all are C0.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Did you already get your ticket re-issued in J? Or were you still waiting for SWUs by the time it went C0?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

AA updated their demand forecast?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Shawn02139
maybe they are considering cancelling service, and don't want to have to reaccomodate you on a busier flight?
I was wondering what the potential was for this flight actually returning in March. Somehow I have my doubts.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by StevenH123
In the DFW-PVG thread we've noticed the same thing. Many flights (at least 20 that I know of) were C7 and suddenly all are C0.
Originally Posted by seawolf
AA updated their demand forecast?
I'd say maybe-- even probably-- the C7s were mistakes to begin with.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:59 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I'd say maybe-- even probably-- the C7s were mistakes to begin with.
On one of my flights I saw 5 seats on EF temporarily disappear and it dropped to C2. That was when I upgraded both of my flights and it decreased to 1.
I know it could have been EXP extra upgrades for me but I have to assume if the number wasn't 7 it was certainly was more than zero. And now they are all zero and on the few flights I checked no J seats are filled.
I think it's more likely a change in policy by AA for some reason.
I also rechecked dates in the middle of April and they still all show C 7

Last edited by mmgm; Oct 9, 2014 at 8:02 pm Reason: More info
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mmgm
On one of my flights I saw 5 seats on EF temporarily disappear and it dropped to C2. That was when I upgraded both of my flights and it decreased to 1.
I know it could have been EXP extra upgrades for me but I have to assume if the number wasn't 7 it was certainly was more than zero. And now they are all zero and on the few flights I checked no J seats are filled.
I think it's more likely a change in policy by AA for some reason.
There's no way they ever intended to have all those flights sitting out there at C7, it was a glitch.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:05 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
There's no way they ever intended to have all those flights sitting out there at C7, it was a glitch.
Please see my added sentence. There are C 7 seats available mid April on all flights. Can you figure out why they fixed the glitch in June but not April?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Please see my added sentence. There are C 7 seats available mid April on all flights. Can you figure out why they fixed the glitch in June but not April?
I wouldn't hazard a guess, RM is a complicated game. But when I sent this post off yesterday for an opinion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23646850-post1039.html

I was told "those flights were never supposed to be set at C7, obviously"
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
RM uses a complicated formula for releasing C upgrades and they must have forecasted that they are more likely to sell J tickets in June than in April, so they removed C inventory. I have noticed this even to LHR. Travel to/from LHR is usually slow in the winter months and they would often have C2 or C4 initially when the flights are loaded. But a few months later, C inventory disappears although there are no assigned seats in J. They could have sold J tickets without seat assignment though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.