Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions benefits executive platinum (whilst flying US)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions benefits executive platinum (whilst flying US)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Asked about it today on US Express, FA wouldn't budge. She said I was the second person who asked today, and that I should contact customer service.
I think that many of the US people were trained by the old guard at UA...they tend to be quite pissy and frumpy. I asked last week on a US flight ot PHX and was told that this wasn't a benefit on US...felt like she was then going to take a paddle to my butt for asking.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by boss315
I think that many of the US people were trained by the old guard at UA...they tend to be quite pissy and frumpy. I asked last week on a US flight ot PHX and was told that this wasn't a benefit on US...felt like she was then going to take a paddle to my butt for asking.
She wasn't pissy - actually she was very polite, just firm in her decision. No comment on the frumpy
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by bucketlist
You have to dig for a bit, but it's there.

There's also language (somewhere) pointing out different snack offerings on US v. AA. On AA, it's pretty generous, on US, it's only a "snack", not any offering on the menu.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/el...fits-chart.jsp

AAdvantage elite status member benefits for travel on US Airways
Effective January 7, 2014

Benefits Executive Platinum Platinum Gold
Elite status bonus miles 100% 100% 25%
Minimum mileage guarantee
Upgrades on eligible US Airways flights, when available, at check-in
First/Business class check-in
Priority through security
Priority boarding
Priority baggage delivery
Complimentary access to Preferred seats
Complimentary checked bags (3) (2*) (1)
Move Up fee waiver (similar to American's Same Day Confirmed Flight Change)
Complimentary snack and alcoholic beverage in the Main Cabin
Thanks for posting all the benefits that should be given but based on my USAir flights to date, not counting on getting many of those listed. Granted my experience is limited to 8 flights, with 8 upcoming in next 2 weeks. I have had to call each & every time to get preferred seats; upgrades - forget it unless you encounter a very kind GA. Every elite level of USAir program will be upgraded before an AAExP. Snacks & drinks? Pretty sure its BYO for most AA flyers. Hopefully over time & more training, it will improve. I suspect its not very different for US CP's flying AA.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
FWIW, it's definitely moving in the right direction. Upgrade cleared on one of my last US flights. Had to call for the preferred seats. Still don't have a clue why someone would pay $80 to sit in the front half of the airplane for a standard coach seat. Crew knew about the snack, which as noted above is chips/nuts/hummus, not the sandwich or salad.

As for the upgrade queue, I think CP's have the same frustration on our side. Golds clear before they do.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Despite the merging of the FFP, the snack/meal issue still exists.

Executive Platinum members traveling in the Main Cabin on board US Airways and US Airways Express can enjoy a complimentary beverage from our standard alcoholic beverage selections as well as one snack. The snack on American includes any food item on our menu. The snack on US Airways includes any item from our ŕ la carte menu.

The a la carte menu is the chips etc.

Of course this came up in my 5hr USAir flight.

The biggest irony is they are serving the same menu.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
Originally Posted by deac83
Despite the merging of the FFP, the snack/meal issue still exists.

Executive Platinum members traveling in the Main Cabin on board US Airways and US Airways Express can enjoy a complimentary beverage from our standard alcoholic beverage selections as well as one snack. The snack on American includes any food item on our menu. The snack on US Airways includes any item from our ŕ la carte menu.

The a la carte menu is the chips etc.

Of course this came up in my 5hr USAir flight.

The biggest irony is they are serving the same menu.
YMMV. I still got a blank look from them when I asked for a free drink. Whatever!
Old May 15, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt (fmr Plat), US Airways CP, Continental Silver, Marriott (almost LT) Plat, Starwood Gold
I was on a flight yesterday from PHL - BOS on US Airways Express (Republic). I requested a cocktail.

Upon showing my EXP boarding pass I was told by the FA, after a confused look for a few seconds, "we haven't rolled that out to Express flights yet." I paused and was then told "but I'll let you have it this time. Next flight you're on, though, remember that we don't do this yet on Express flights."

YMMV, for sure!
Old May 15, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by DigAdGuy
I was on a flight yesterday from PHL - BOS on US Airways Express (Republic). I requested a cocktail.

Upon showing my EXP boarding pass I was told by the FA, after a confused look for a few seconds, "we haven't rolled that out to Express flights yet." I paused and was then told "but I'll let you have it this time. Next flight you're on, though, remember that we don't do this yet on Express flights."

YMMV, for sure!
I hope you reported this via the website? The only way this will change is if it gets reported!
Old May 15, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Im still having problems getting US crews to give me a free food item even though its spelled out very clearly in the menus in every seatback pocket. Usually the comment i get is "they're changing that but i'll give you a pass this time" like they're doing me a favor.

Then again at least US does PDBs for F on every flight, while AA my PDB offer percentage is like 5%.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
I am on a USAir flight now and the FA had to ask another FA that asked another FA if EXP gets a free drink.

I eventually got my free drink.
Old May 16, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by DigAdGuy

YMMV, for sure!
Report it. Express flights are definitely doing it. I fly mainly Express and have had no issues. May be a Republic issue, so do specify your flight in the complaint. They tend to be a bit "different" in my experience dealing with their crew. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.