Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

(Is) HSV going to all US/US Express metal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Is) HSV going to all US/US Express metal?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, yesterday I got an email from AA that my Dec 20 flight (which includes a late afternoon DFW-HSV) had its flight number changed, and indeed it has shifted to a CR9. That also has happened to my Dec 27 return (which starts with a late afternoon HSV-DFW), though AA hasn't sent me an email about that one yet.
Wow, so this morning, AA finally sent me an email about my Dec 27 return, where in addition to flight number change and the change to a CR9, it moved from 5:45 to 6:05 pm departure, and the email claims that the meal service on this flight is "dinner"!!! That woudl be a first, full meal service on an HSV-DFW flight, wouldn't it?

(I presume this is a mistake, but if so, what other mistakes are there in all these changes to HSV service?)
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked DFW-HSV for late January 2015 and that has now also been changed to all RJs of various types.

But some of these are traditional AA RJs, not US RJs, so I don't understand the "US" part in the original post (and thus the thread title so far).
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
At this point, depending on the date, it appears that you'll either see all Mesa RJs (legacy US) or a mix of Mesa and Envoy RJs.

What you won't see is any mainline metal. No S80, no A319.

The F upgrade on the CR9 came through. With the exception of the valet check requirement for my rolling carryon (medical equipment and meds: Yes, it DOES bother me to have it out of my possession), the seat wasn't much different from S80 F.

And the JL 787 ride BKK-NRT was *NICE*. That is a SWEET airplane! Much quieter than 767, 777, 737, or S80.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat; MR LT Titanium; HH Diamond
It appears at the moment they are flying 2-class US RJs to DFW, and 1-class AA RJs to ORD. The US metal flights, however, are classified as AA flights, not "operated by US Airways", when booking, requesting upgrades, etc. I haven't seen this anywhere else (yet).

I for one will be glad when we get this painful merger completed and all the flights will be treated equally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.