Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Resolved] AA & US Fares No Longer Available On Orbitz Websites

[Resolved] AA & US Fares No Longer Available On Orbitz Websites

Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Pinned
I've purchased all of my AA tickets through AA.com - when their site won't pull up the itinerary / segments I want I just call AA and have the EXP desk set it up and put it on hold for me. No issues there, but the looping repricing thing is annoying.

Are there no other OTAs that can do multicity like Orbitz?
Actually, looks like it's already fixed.
http://www.businessinsider.com/ameri...reement-2014-8
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by hoyateach
If history is any indicator, AA and Orbitz will eventually kiss and make up.
Called it. Except for being wrong about the "eventually" part. It happened a lot faster than I expected.

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Apparently, AA and Orbitz settled their dispute and AA fares are once again available:

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...n-orbitz.html/
I got an email from Orbitz just now, offering extra Orbitz Bucks for booking on certain AA flights. Is anyone privy to the specifics? Is this part of the renewed deal? Or is this Orbitz's way of apologizing?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA MM
Glad this is fixed, got really tired of the looping repricing when I first experienced it, followed FT advice to book on Orbitz, and have done so happily every time it's happened since. Orbitz is fast to issue tix, you get your AA PNR, and can do seat selection at booking.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thread title updated to reflect the fact that the dispute has been resolved.

~Moderator
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Glad this is fixed, got really tired of the looping repricing when I first experienced it, followed FT advice to book on Orbitz, and have done so happily every time it's happened since. Orbitz is fast to issue tix, you get your AA PNR, and can do seat selection at booking.
Really? I've always found Orbitz a little clunky to use. Someone mentioned on here Google flights. I tried that this weekend, it's amazing.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Pinned
I've purchased all of my AA tickets through AA.com - when their site won't pull up the itinerary / segments I want I just call AA and have the EXP desk set it up and put it on hold for me. No issues there, but the looping repricing thing is annoying.

Are there no other OTAs that can do multicity like Orbitz?
Am I looking at fares the wrong way? I fly in premium cabins almost exclusively and entertained the idea of swathing from UA to AA starting 2015. However, on almost EVERY fare I look at in F or J, AA/One world is higher then UA/*A. Looking at NYC-DXB, NYC-HNL, NYC-BKK, NYC-TLV, NYC-HKG, etc, etc. Booking thru the AA site VS the UA site, AA is more expensive on almost EVERY route.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Am I looking at fares the wrong way? I fly in premium cabins almost exclusively and entertained the idea of swathing from UA to AA starting 2015. However, on almost EVERY fare I look at in F or J, AA/One world is higher then UA/*A. Looking at NYC-DXB, NYC-HNL, NYC-BKK, NYC-TLV, NYC-HKG, etc, etc. Booking thru the AA site VS the UA site, AA is more expensive on almost EVERY route.
It depends on precisely what one is looking for. If you wish to purchase the lowest J fare, or lowest Y fare, this may well be the case. However, I am often looking for the lowest Y fare that is upgradeable to J, and in this case AA is almost always cheaper. If that changes, I'll have to rethink my alliance again.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
You may well just be better off sticking to UA. If you really want to fly on OW carriers, you might want to look at other carriers than AA. e.g. for JFK-DXB , AY seems to be one of the lower cost business class options at a similar prize to AC
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by riastradh
Really? I've always found Orbitz a little clunky to use. Someone mentioned on here Google flights. I tried that this weekend, it's amazing.
But it doesn't let you select your connection points the way that ITA Matrix does. If just gives you what it gives you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.