Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AA Executive card; 1 Day Pass

Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club Annual and Citi Executive Card Memberships and One Day Passes

NOTE: See Changes to Admirals Club membership (aa.com)

and Admirals Club rates increasing, new restrictions: 2019 (FT)

for changes that have come to Admirals Club membership.

1 Feb 2019: Annual Membership fees increase

11 Feb 2019:Household Membership discount discontinued

1 Nov 2019: Same day boarding pass on AA, AS or oneworld flight required for Admirals Club access This applies to member, authorized Citi Exec card user and guests.

Guests must be accompanied by the eligible member and present boarding pass for same-day travel on American, Alaska or a oneworld airline.
Link to Admirals Club membership page (including rates, etc.

ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP (including Citi® AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard®)

1. The most economical way to gain full Club membership is with the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard® ($450 annual fee). See Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard®. Also see Link to Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard® Terms and Conditions.

Authorized cardholders flying the same day they fly AA, AS or oneworld (must present boarding passes) are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well (not Alaska or Qantas Clubs, oneworld or partner lounges, etc. unless eligible under the lounge’s access rules,) and may guest immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests into Admirals Clubs.

2. Annual membership can be purchased from AA. The rate depends on your status. See the page linked to above to determine your fee in US Dollars or AAdvantage miles (you can also use Business Extra Points from the Business Extra account). If you have not held membership, it have had a lapse in membership, there is also an initiation fee. See link

3. "Household" memberships are NO LONGER sold for spouses, people who hold spousal equivalency and registered domestic partners as of 11 Feb 2019. (However, authorized users of the Citi Executive MasterCard have access.)

4. Where members can go
  • Domestic and international Admirals Club locations (not Flagship Lounges)
  • All Alaska Airlines Lounges (when departing on flights marketed and operated by American, Alaska Airlines)
  • All Qantas Clubs (when departing on same-day flights operated by Qantas, or operated by American out of Auckland, New Zealand or Sydney, Australia)
  • Select partner lounges operated by third parties (on same-day flights operated by American)

5. Members may host immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests. They must have boarding passes for AA, AS or oneworld flights the same day.

Thirty day memberships are no longer available as of 25 Jul 2016.

WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN Admirals Club lounges?

Welcome to the Admirals Club! (link)

What's complimentary:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • House wine, beer and spirits (complimentary bottom shelf spirits)
  • Light snacks as well as coffee, specialty coffee drinks, tea and soft drinks (now expanded to oatmeal and baked goods mornings, soups, guacamole to order afternoons)
  • Personal use computers with Internet access*
  • Cyber-cafes*
  • Power outlets to help you stay connected
  • Work areas with access to copiers and printers
  • Shower suites*
  • Children’s play areas*
  • Personal travel assistance with your reservations

As well as other amenities for pay, including:

• Premium brand spirits available for purchase in all U.S. locations**
  • Food for purchase** in most U.S. locations (menus may vary by location)
  • Conference rooms* (discounted member rates and catering available)
  • Admirals Club lounge
*In select locations
**Complimentary in international club locations

Link to Admirals Club Drinks /Spirits Offerings & Policies (link)

ONE DAY PASS

American Airlines also sells a One Day Pass for $59, usable by one person (non-transferable and non-refundable) good for any Clubs* the individual may have access to during their travel day (and if traveling overnight the first Club in the point of arrival the following day if the member can access a inside or Club location).

*one day pass holders may be denied access for capacity reasons at Clubs under refurbishment.

NOTE: The sale of One Day Passes is generally suspended at Admirals Clubs under active refurbishment.

One Day Pass does not offer any membership privileges, and allows no (adult) guest privileges, although up to 3 children under the age of 18 years of age may be admitted at no additional charge with adult One-Day Pass visitor. Those One Day Pass holders purchasing a full Admirals Club membership within 30 days will get a $59 credit applied to their membership fee.

One day pass links no longer work; one day passes may no longer be purchased on line. Purchase one day passes at airport Clubs not under refurbishment.

Notes: *Please note Admirals Club lounges in Canada, Europe, Asia, Central and South America located beyond passport control may not be accessible due to airport imposed restrictions. These include: BOG, CCS, CDG, GIG, GRU, LHR, MEX, NRT, SCL, YYZ.

● Admirals Club has reciprocity agreements for access under specified conditions to Alaska Airlines Board Room, Qantas Club, and some individual lounges (e.g. DUB, DUS, FRA, MXP, ZRH etc. Please use the Lounge Dashboard "sticky" thread to easily find the threads discussing these other airline lounge access requirements and to the master threads pertaining to specific lounges. (These do not apply to One Dap Pass holders.)

● Note: Members are able to contact Admirals Club Member Services (see below) 24 hours in advance even when not flying and request gate passes for themselves and others meeting at an Admirals Club for business purposes:

VISITING THE Admirals Club WHEN NOT FLYING

Members not flying can access Clubs when they have airside access and the airport doesn’t restrict lounge access to departing passengers.

Members can not secure a gate pass from a ticket agent.

Members can not secure a gate pass with merely "declared business purpose" for themselves and others any longer (14 Sep 2016).

Members and non-members can schedule and attend business meetings in the Admirals Club® or Executive Center if they have rented a conference room in a Club with such and are registered on the daily meeting list. See below.

This requires arrangements at least 24 (workday) hours in advance.

FAQ link including a Club access.

Q. I am a member and would like to meet someone at the airport, but I'm not flying today on AA, AS or oneworld airline. Can I get through Security to get to the Admirals Club lounge?

A: No. Only those registered in advance and attending a conference in a rented conference room may have access. Casual access / walking up to the ticket counter to request a gate pass is not permitted; please do not put employees in an uncomfortable position by asking.

To do so you must :
  • Present a valid government I.D.
  • Have your name on the daily meeting list

To add names of those attending an event in a rented conference room to the daily meeting list, call at least 24 hours in advance:
  • Admirals Club number/AAdvantage® number
  • Legal name as it appears on government issued identification for each individual
  • Birth dates, including year, for each individual (maximum of two guests allowed for non-conference room meeting)*
  • Location, date and time of non-conference room meeting

We will arrange for Security clearance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to allow you to get to the lounge. This opportunity is available for Admirals Club members only (and their authorized guests), and you will be required to show your Admirals Club membership card, along with a government-issued photo ID.

*(Times corrected to current service center hours)

Q. CAN I PURCHASE A FULLY REFUNDABLE AA TICKET FOR ACCESS?

No. It's honestly not a good idea, as this practice is specifically prohibited by American Airlines' Conditions of Carriage (Link):

American specifically prohibits practices commonly known as:

...Fraudulent, fictitious and abusive bookings: Fraudulent, fictitious and/or abusive bookings are prohibited. These types of bookings are defined as ... or to gain access to airport facilities....

CONTACTING Admirals Club

Have questions or comments about our Admirals Club lounges? Need information about locations, membership or club amenities?

Send us an email

Visit our web page

Call us
Within the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico: 800-237-7971

Other locations: 817-963-6100; 817-963-6015 (Fax)

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
Admirals Club
4333 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 5307
Fort Worth, TX 76155

Executive Card - additional information: As one Club employee posted on millionmilesecrets:

"* Here are the rules…I work at the Club

1. Only the primary card holder is a member. Note the word member... The member (or now, authorized user, flying AA, AS or oneworld the same day) is allowed to bring in 2 guests OR immediate family which cannot exceed 2 people over 18 and all children under 18. For example John cannot bring in his wife, his 2 daughters and their husbands. He can bring in 2. If his daughters are under 18 they do not count toward the guest count of 2...

2. Our computers tell us if one is an authorized user. (Your AAdvantage number and if you are a cardholder in good standing - jd.)".

"House Rules" link to updated Club Terms and Conditions, including house rules.

HOUSE RULES
  • During your visit to an Admirals Club lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
  • American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Admirals Club lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
  • As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devises such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
  • Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Admirals Club lounges.
  • American reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
  • Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.
  • Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Admirals Club lounges.
  • Service animals are welcome in Admirals Club lounges. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.
  • Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Admirals Club lounges, where available.
  • Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.

See Admirals Club History for the history of the Admirals Club.

Older posts have archived. Link to archive thread.

Print Wikipost

GUIDE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AA Executive card; 1 Day Pass

Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by wrxcellent
1) Has anyone had luck or been able to use an expired pass?
Hit or miss, depending on the location and the agent.

2) Can you bring a guest with you using One of these free passes? I know on the back in the fine print it says One Pass for One Guest, but if you look on the website (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...Membership.jsp) in the traveling with a guest section:
Traveling with a guest?

As long as you’re accompanying your guests, you’re allowed 2 guests or immediate family* if you’re an:
Admirals Club Member
AirPass Member with Admirals Club access privileges
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive primary card member
30 Day Membership
Citi Prestige Card holder**
None of those apply to complimentary pass holders.

You’re allowed 1 guest if you’re a First Class passenger or oneworld® Emerald or Sapphire.

<snip>

So, I am EXP = Oneworld Emerald, so does that mean I can bring a guest using one of these passes, or is that only for the purchased $50 day pass? Any thoughts?
No. Look under Lounge Exceptions:
Lounge access is not available if you’re traveling on American Airlines solely within the United States or between the United States and the Caribbean, Canada, or Mexico (except Mexico City) unless you’re a oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customer. However, AAdvantage Executive Platinum and Platinum members regardless of Emerald or Sapphire status, are not eligible
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platininum, Marriott Gold, National Executive
Refund of AA Membership Fee

[QUOTE=sixthree;26000889]So I just got the card. I was an existing member of the Admirals Club (bought the membership in Nov, 2015). Has anyone that was already a member of the club had a problem getting a pro-rated refund of their club membership? [QUOTE]

I got a pro-rated refund of the Admiral's Club membership when I got the Executive Card 4 years ago. I am not sure if they are still doing this though.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 14, 2016 at 10:42 am Reason: Close quote
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
The AU lounge benefit really makes this card much more competitive.

One question: for AUs, do the cards actually have to be activated, or do they just look at the card?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by transparent
The AU lounge benefit really makes this card much more competitive.

One question: for AUs, do the cards actually have to be activated, or do they just look at the card?
If I remember correctly, they will swipe the card, so my best guess is that it DOES need activation. And I agree that this is a much better card now that they added it.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cheaptom
If I remember correctly, they will swipe the card, so my best guess is that it DOES need activation. And I agree that this is a much better card now that they added it.
Thanks, wasn't sure if they were swiping it, guess it means I gotta really watch out to see none of my AUs are going on shopping sprees!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I'm confused about Citi's grant of Admirals Club access to Citi AA World Elite MasterCard additional cardholders.

I have that credit card and saw a notice that additional cardholders would have Admirals Club access (not a full membership, but access to the clubs). So I added a family member as an additional cardholder. The additional card came, in my family member's name. My original card has "Admirals Club" written on the back. The additional card does not.

So...will the additional cardholder's card work for Admirals Club access if it doesn't have "Admirals Club" written on it? Can the agents swipe the card and see that the holder should get access, maybe?

Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
So...will the additional cardholder's card work for Admirals Club access if it doesn't have "Admirals Club" written on it? Can the agents swipe the card and see that the holder should get access, maybe?
From the "Introducing Admirals Club access for authorized users" email:
Originally Posted by American Airlines

To access the Admirals Club® lounge, your authorized user must present their valid Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ MasterCard®, along with his or her current government-issued I.D. if not accompanied by the primary cardmember.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by TWA884
From the "Introducing Admirals Club access for authorized users" email:
Thanks- I appreciate the response, but is a Citi card without "Admirals Club" written on it valid?

I'd assume that an agent would just look at it, not see "Admirals Club" and say no.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:07 pm

Is the purchase of a 30-day membership on the spot a quick process? We'll plan to get one at midday at JFK, when I gather it's a slow time, and we're not too likely to upset people behind us. One never knows if something will happen to make us not want to have time in the club, so I'd rather not do an advance online purchase.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:56 pm

Thanks- I appreciate the response, but is a Citi card without "Admirals Club" written on it valid?

I'd assume that an agent would just look at it, not see "Admirals Club" and say no.
The "Admirals Club" wording appears only on the back of primary cardmembers' card, not the authorized users' cards. That's why I've supplied my authorized users copies of the email which explains the access rules in case that they encounter difficulties. By now, the new policy has been in effect for almost two months, so I expect that most AAngels are aware that authorized users have club access privileges.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884

The "Admirals Club" wording appears only on the back of primary cardmembers' card, not the authorized users' cards. That's why I've supplied my authorized users copies of the email which explains the access rules in case that they encounter difficulties. By now, the new policy has been in effect for almost two months, so I expect that most AAngels are aware that authorized users have club access privileges.
P.S. Take a look at this thread:
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by rove312
Is the purchase of a 30-day membership on the spot a quick process? We'll plan to get one at midday at JFK, when I gather it's a slow time, and we're not too likely to upset people behind us. One never knows if something will happen to make us not want to have time in the club, so I'd rather not do an advance online purchase.
The wikipost at the top of the page has the contact information for the Admirals Club service office; it's a quick and easy process, using your AAdvantage number and credit card.

But if you'd rather not do that, the process shouldn't be tedious at the Club either. You're not bothering them; you are purchasing a membership.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
dumb arse award for the week goes to me

So I got myself the executive citi AA MasterCard a month ago. Admirals club membership is included. I've been waiting patiently for the admirals club membership card so after a month I called citi yesterday. "Sir there isn't a separate membership card. There is the admirals club logo on your citi MasterCard"

Duh! Having been a Chase UA PP card holder for years I was used to the separate UC membership card and just assumed it was the same with AA as well. I've been traveling every week and have been walking by admirals clubs frustrated. What a doofus I am
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
So I got myself the executive citi AA MasterCard a month ago. Admirals club membership is included. I've been waiting patiently for the admirals club membership card so after a month I called citi yesterday. "Sir there isn't a separate membership card. There is the admirals club logo on your citi MasterCard"

Duh! Having been a Chase UA PP card holder for years I was used to the separate UC membership card and just assumed it was the same with AA as well. I've been traveling every week and have been walking by admirals clubs frustrated. What a doofus I am
I don't even think you need the physical CC, as your membership is tied to your AAdvantage account.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Djokison
I don't even think you need the physical CC, as your membership is tied to your AAdvantage account.
You won't need it if you have a boarding card with your AAdvantage number on it but, since it is a full membership, you can use the AC when travelling on other carriers and you may need some proof then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.