Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AAdvantage Executive card, 1 Day Pass

Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club Annual and Citi Executive Card Memberships

and

One Day Passes

Link to Admirals Club membership page (including rates, etc.

ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP (including Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard)

1. The most economical way to gain full Club membership is with the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World EliteTM MasterCard ($450 annual fee). See Citi / AAdvantage Executive World EliteTM MasterCard. Also see Link to Citi / AAdvantage Executive World EliteTM MasterCard Terms and Conditions.

Authorized cardholders are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well (not Alaska or Qantas Clubs, etc.) and may guest Immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests.

2. Annual membership can be purchased. The rate depends on your status. See the page linked to above to determine your fee in US Dollars or AA miles (you can also use Business Extra Points from the Business Extra account). If you have not held membership, there is also a $50.00 initiation fee. See link

3. "Household" memberships are also sold for spouses, people who are spousal equivalents and registered domestic partners.

4. Where members can go
  • Domestic and international Admirals Club locations
  • All Alaska Airlines Lounges (when departing on flights marketed and operated by American, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America)
  • All Qantas Clubs (when departing on same-day flights operated by Qantas, or operated by American out of Auckland, New Zealand or Sydney, Australia)
  • Select partner lounges operated by third parties (on same-day flights operated by American)
5. Members may host Immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests.

6. If members have airside access and are not flying AA, they may access the Admirals Club. If they do not have airside access, they no longer can get a gate pass through the Club or from ticket agents. See below.

Thirty day memberships are no longer available as of 25 Jul 2016.

WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN Admirals Club lounges?

Welcome to the Admirals Club! (link)

What's complimentary:
  • Wi-Fi
  • House wine, beer and spirits
  • Light snacks as well as coffee, specialty coffee drinks, tea and soft drinks (now expanded to oatmeal and baked goods mornings, soups, guacamole to order afternoons)
  • Personal use computers with Internet access*
  • Cyber-cafes*
  • Power outlets to help you stay connected
  • Work areas with access to copiers and printers
  • Shower suites*
  • Childrens play areas*
  • Personal travel assistance with your reservations
  • As well as other amenities including:
  • Premium brand spirits available for purchase in all U.S. locations**
  • Food for purchase** in most U.S. locations (menus may vary by location)
  • Conference rooms* (discounted member rates and catering available)
  • Admirals Club lounge
*In select locations
**Complimentary in international club locations

Link to Admirals Club Drinks /Spirits Offerings & Policies (link)

ONE DAY PASS

American Airlines also sells a One Day Pass for $59, usable by one person (non-transferable and non-refundable) good for any Clubs* the individual may have access to during their travel day (and if traveling overnight the first Club in the point of arrival the following day if the member can access a inside or Club location).

*one day pass holders may be denied access for capacity reasons at Clubs under refurbishment.

NOTE: The sale of One Day Passes is generally suspended at Admirals Clubs under active refurbishment.

One Day Pass does not offer any membership privileges, and allows no (adult) guest privileges, although up to 3 children under the age of 18 years of age may be admitted at no additional charge with adult One-Day Pass visitor. Those One Day Pass holders purchasing a full Admirals Club membership within 30 days will get a $59 credit applied to their membership fee.

One day pass links no longer work; one day passes may no longer be purchased on line. Purchase one day passes at airport Clubs not under refurbishment.

Notes: *Please note Admirals Club lounges in Canada, Europe, Asia, Central and South America located beyond passport control may not be accessible due to airport imposed restrictions. These include: BOG, CCS, CDG, GIG, GRU, LHR, MEX, NRT, SCL, YYZ.

● Admirals Club has reciprocity agreements for access under specified conditions to Alaska Airlines Board Room, Qantas Club, and some individual lounges (e.g. DUB, DUS, FRA, MXP, ZRH etc. Please use the Lounge Dashboard "sticky" thread to easily find the threads discussing these other airline lounge access requirements and to the master threads pertaining to specific lounges. (These do not apply to One Dap Pass holders.)

● Note: Members are able to contact Admirals Club Member Services (see below) 24 hours in advance even when not flying and request gate passes for themselves and others meeting at an Admirals Club for business purposes:

[quote]VISITING THE Admirals Club WHEN NOT FLYING

Members not flying can access Clubs when they have airside access and the airport doesnt restrict lounge access to departing passengers.

Members can not secure a gate pass from a ticket agent.

Members can not secure a gate pass with merely "declared business purpose" for themselves and others any longer (14 Sep 2016).

Members and non-members can schedule and attend business meetings in the Admirals Club or Executive Center without traveling if they have rented a conference room in a Club with such and are registered on the daily meeting list. See below.

This requires arrangements at least 24 hours in advance.

FAQ link including a Club access.

Q. I am a member and would like to meet someone at the airport, but I'm not flying today. Can I get through Security to get to the Admirals Club lounge?

A: No. Only those registered in advance and attending a conference in a rented conference room may have access. Casual access / walking up to the ticket counter to request a gate pass is not permitted; please do not put employees in an uncomfortable position by asking.

To do so you must :
  • Present a valid government I.D.
  • Have your name on the daily meeting list
To add names of those attending an event in a rented conference room to the daily meeting list, call at least 24 hours in advance:
  • Admirals Club number/AAdvantage number
  • Legal name as it appears on government issued identification for each individual
  • Birth dates, including year, for each individual (maximum of two guests allowed for non-conference room meeting)*
  • Location, date and time of non-conference room meeting
We will arrange for Security clearance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to allow you to get to the lounge. This opportunity is available for Admirals Club members only (and their authorized guests), and you will be required to show your Admirals Club membership card, along with a government-issued photo ID.

*(Times corrected to current service center hours)

Q. CAN I PUR HASE A FULLY REFUNDABLE AA TICKET FOR ACCESS?

It's honestly not a good idea, as this practice is specifically prohibited by American Airlines' Conditions of Carriage (Link):

American specifically prohibits practices commonly known as:

...Fraudulent, fictitious and abusive bookings: Fraudulent, fictitious and/or abusive bookings are prohibited. These types of bookings are defined as ... or to gain access to airport facilities....

CONTACTING Admirals Club

Have questions or comments about our Admirals Club lounges? Need information about locations, membership or club amenities?

Send us an email

Visit our web page

Call us
Within the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico: 800-237-7971

Other locations: 817-963-6100; 817-963-6015 (Fax)

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
Admirals Club
4333 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 5307
Fort Worth, TX 76155

Executive Card - additional information: As one Club employee posted on millionmilesecrets:

"* Here are the rulesI work at the Club

1. Only the primary card holder is a member. Note the word member... The member is allowed to bring in 2 guests Or immediate family which cannot exceed 2 people over 18 and all children under 18. For example John cannot bring in his wife, his 2 daughters and their husbands. He can bring in 2. If his daughters are under 18 they do not count toward the guest count of 2...

NOTE: Please read this wiki thoroughly to see the recent changes allowing access to authorized users / secondary or ancillary card holders.

2. Our computers tell us if one is an authorized user. (Your AAdvantage number and if you are a cardholder in good standing - jd.)

3. Choice of airline doesnt matter (as long as you have airside access). You can fly anyone and access the Club. We might not be able to help you with your ticketing but you can come in to charge your phone or computer or even use ours, all the while enjoying a complimentary glass of wine or well drink".

"House Rules" link to updated Club Terms and Conditions, including house rules.

HOUSE RULES

• During your visit to an Admirals Club lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
  • American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Admirals Club lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
  • As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devises such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
  • Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Admirals Club lounges.
  • American reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
  • Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.
  • Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Admirals Club lounges.
  • Service animals are welcome in Admirals Club lounges. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.
  • Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Admirals Club lounges, where available.
  • Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.

Older posts have archived. Link to archive thread.

Update: 24 Jan 2018 by JDiver

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AAdvantage Executive card, 1 Day Pass

Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
As a member I am entitled to admittance and there are huge posters
Everywhere with the card front. The name is clearly visible
And matches the name on their laminated card. It was lazy on
Their part to refuse to look up any info or call a supervisor to
Research it further.
You should be entitled to enter the lounge, indeed

The lounge agents should be given correct information on the card

Could you not have just paid for lounge access with the card and then claim it back off of Citibank once it was seen that the agent wouldn't permit access

That the laminated card of allowed cards is incorrect is a fault with AA/Citibank and nit the agent imo
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Could you not have just paid for lounge access with the card and then claim it back off of Citibank once it was seen that the agent wouldn't permit access

That the laminated card of allowed cards is incorrect is a fault with AA/Citibank and nit the agent imo
Sometimes I really do find your posts hilarious. In this situation, there is more than one way to skin a cat:

1) If the agent had swiped the card, her computer screen would have shown he was a member.
2) If the agent had inputted the OP's AAdvantage number in the computer, her screen would have shown he was a member.

As for purchasing a Day Pass, how would the OP later prove that it was for himself and not for a third guest he was bringing into the club? The rules allow for two guests.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by sukn
Sometimes I really do find your posts hilarious. In this situation, there is more than one way to skin a cat:

1) If the agent had swiped the card, her computer screen would have shown he was a member.
2) If the agent had inputted the OP's AAdvantage number in the computer, her screen would have shown he was a member.

As for purchasing a Day Pass, how would the OP later prove that it was for himself and not for a third guest he was bringing into the club? The rules allow for two guests.
*shrug* find it amusing if you like

Citi changed the card layout and it no longer matches what the agent is given to determine access . agent refused access

This seems like a systemic issue rather than an agent issue to me
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Nope she would not even try. She kept smiling and
Shoving the laminated sheet at me. To which I kept
Insisting that it is the same card with the same front.
It might have been worth walking down to the other AC, if you had time, and seeing what happened there. If they let you in then you could have commented on what happened and they might have been able to "educate" the offender.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat

Citi changed the card layout and it no longer matches what the agent is given to determine access . agent refused access

And yet according to the OP, the agent never tried to swipe the card, or enter FF # to verify.

This lack of help in MIA is VERY typical. How hard would it have been for the agent to do this? Not.

HP
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program

Paying and backing off is bad suggestion, because when you pay you sign that you agree with the charge. I am not saying you can't find exceptions, I am just pointing out bad advice.

Regarding compensation - if agent problem, minor compensation. If systemic problem, then much more significant compensation. You agree?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbrower
Paying and backing off is bad suggestion, because when you pay you sign that you agree with the charge. I am not saying you can't find exceptions, I am just pointing out bad advice.

Regarding compensation - if agent problem, minor compensation. If systemic problem, then much more significant compensation. You agree?
I don't think the OP should be forced to buy a day-pass for something that he already paid for.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:29 pm

I disagree ; the card company is supposed to be providing lounge access to the cardholder; if the access is not provided, then I would expect the card company to credit for the lack of access; the card company has been paid an annual fee which entitles access and would expect them to make good issues where it is refused

Wroing that access was refused, but it us the method I would have chosen to work with the refusal
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:35 pm

I'm sure they'll be educated about the cards soon enough. There aren't too many of them out there and we FTers are always the early adopters, especially with these new 'chipped' cards.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I disagree ; the card company is supposed to be providing lounge access to the cardholder; if the access is not provided, then I would expect the card company to credit for the lack of access; the card company has been paid an annual fee which entitles access and would expect them to make good issues where it is refused

Wroing that access was refused, but it us the method I would have chosen to work with the refusal
You are making an assumption without any basis, which is unlike you. My assumption would be that the card company has fully fulfilled its obligation - it paid AA whatever amount was due, under the contract, for access. So my assumption is that AA (not the card company) made a mistake (either systemic or individual agent) so it is AA which owes compensation. It would therefore be placing a burden on the credit card company (pay the money for the new charge to AA, investigate the charge back, convince AA to reimburse) when the card company probably (in my assumption) did nothing wrong.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
I would love to hear that audio. Please record next time. If these agents thought about it for a second they would realize their livelihood depends on your type of customer. Do they think they're working the VIP line at Tryst in Vegas or something?

Perhaps that card is seen as a threat to their counter business and she took it out on you.?.?

Last edited by gozetta; Dec 24, 2011 at 2:57 pm
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Terrible advice IMO.

Originally Posted by sukn
2) If the agent had inputted the OP's AAdvantage number in the computer, her screen would have shown he was a member
Either of these would have shown that OP was an AAdvantage member via the Citi Black card. Swiping the card or the OP's AAdvantage card would have allowed entrance. In the future the OP, or anyone in OP's situation, should ask to have the card swiped. In my case, I simply present my EXP card, which has worked without exception since I switched to the Citi Black card.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
1) "Please look up my AAdvantage number in the system - XYZ0123."

2) Assuming a further negative reply, "I would like to speak with your supervisor, please." Politely, evenly, of course.

3) "May I have your name, please?"

Possibility: "I will purchase an all day pass, then, but I need you to write the reason on the receipt so I can have it charged back."

Certainty: Contact AA Admirals Club for corrective action / training.

This could happen at any Admirals Club with an insufficiently trained and intransigent agent. In fact, it could occur at exchange lounges too, such as certain Alaska Board Rooms or Qantas Clubs. AA could have prevented much of this by adding the Admirals Club logo on the card.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton

Here is the problem with your argument. Even if the AC logo was on the card, the next step for the lounge dragon is to SWIPE the card before confirming entry. Without a swipe, a person could use an expired or cancelled card for entry.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:56 pm

You are making an assumption without any basis, which is unlike you. My assumption would be that the card company has fully fulfilled its obligation - it paid AA whatever amount was due, under the contract, for access.
My assumption was that the card provides for lounge access; if the card provides an Admirals Club membership then that is different but I assumed the former

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.