Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200k EQP/EQM - what next?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200K EQP/EQM]

Executive Platinum AAdvantage members with 150,000 and 200,000 EQ Miles will automatically receive two extra SWU / Systemwide Upgrades (two at 150,000 EQM and at 200,000 EQM thereafter, earned in the same calendar year).

If you think you are eligible and have not received them, call AAdvantage Customer Service:

AAdvantage Customer Service
Have questions about your AAdvantage account or program benefits?
Call us
Within the U.S. or Canada
800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number

Monday - Friday.
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CT

817-963-7882 (fax)
Note that re/qualifying in 2016 and onward earns four (4) SWU; two SWU at 150k and 200k EQM. Passing 250,000 EQM generally earns no more SWU, but particularly high value flyers and CK might get additional SWU by requesting them. This is possible, not probable.

Rumor: new elite level(s) and low-fare product details coming
Print Wikipost

SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200k EQP/EQM - what next?]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
EXP and Beyond [more than 100K EQP/EQM - what next?]

Question. If I don't call EP Line who do I call for this? ACS? Is that just American customer service? Thanks for any help. Will see what type of answer I get.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JBauer
Question. If I don't call EP Line who do I call for this? ACS? Is that just American customer service? Thanks for any help. Will see what type of answer I get.
call EP desk and ask to be transferred to AAdvantage Customer Service
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:51 pm

230k EQP and 145k EQM to date, and nothing extra. Hit EXP in April, with the required 100k EQP. Thoughts on coercing a few extra SWU ? I will top 300k EQP by end of the year. Experiences with this level of "point-age" ?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by monkey555
230k EQP and 145k EQM to date, and nothing extra. Hit EXP in April, with the required 100k EQP. Thoughts on coercing a few extra SWU ? I will top 300k EQP by end of the year. Experiences with this level of "point-age" ?
If you ask, odds are you will get -many-.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by monkey555
Besides the few exceptions noted by JonNYC recently, people have had excellent luck with the extra SWU at 150k EQP / 175k EQP, myself included. (I have 4 extra's so far - called in around 180k EQP and got 4 with a promise of 2 more when I go over 200k EQP, which I now have.)

To get the extra SWU...

Originally Posted by JonNYC
...have to ask for ACS and specify overachieving executive platinum program, that should do the trick. ...
(bold/italic mine)

I do not remember if I specifically asked for the overachieving executive platinum program, but, that may help you get things done quicker.

Please report back your success/failure.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Originally Posted by 110pgl
Besides the few exceptions noted by JonNYC recently, people have had excellent luck with the extra SWU at 150k EQP / 175k EQP, myself included. (I have 4 extra's so far - called in around 180k EQP and got 4 with a promise of 2 more when I go over 200k EQP, which I now have.)

To get the extra SWU...

(bold/italic mine)

I do not remember if I specifically asked for the overachieving executive platinum program, but, that may help you get things done quicker.

Please report back your success/failure.
I got comped 6 SWU's and an acknowledgment of another 4 at 300k EQP's. Worth a phone call.....
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by prw555
I got comped 6 SWU's and an acknowledgment of another 4 at 300k EQP's. Worth a phone call.....
Unless one's time is REALLY valuable.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I've just spoken with Aadvantage customer service, and got some odd information. I stand currently just over 149k EQP (123k EQM) with 25k EQP (including bonus) booked so I called to ask about overachieving EXPs. I'm a heavy leisure flyer/ light work flyer so a lot of I class flying mixed with random other fares which would average to I points anyway, so this may just have been his polite way of telling me I have too low a helix score.

The fellow said that it's not yet 'elite season' and I should call back 'sometime in November' to see what will be offered, as every year during elite season ACS agents get an email telling them what the rewards will be. I pointed out that they didn't actually offer any ELTA rewards last year, and he said they did and I should wait until sometime in November and call again. He couldn't suggest one way or another whether I should credit my next trip (end OCT) to AA or not. I'm not yet done booking for the year.

Did he make this up in order to keep silent about helices, in which case I should consider crediting to BA? Or are we heading into some sort of genuine 'elite season' where I might benefit from crediting to AA? I've never heard of it before and a search turned up nothing, so please forgive me if it's been mentioned and I've missed it.

Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:50 pm
Suspended

I'd maybe try another ACS call, unless you think they made notation.

Very possible it's a "talk around" Helix-score wise, and the answer sounds kinda dodgy.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Looks like I'm a 4 or a 5.. I have no idea how that's even possible, but anyway.. 2 for every 25k over 100k EQP.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flipside
Looks like I'm a 4 or a 5.. I have no idea how that's even possible, but anyway.. 2 for every 25k over 100k EQP.
Great to hear! ^
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I'd maybe try another ACS call, unless you think they made notation.

Very possible it's a "talk around" Helix-score wise, and the answer sounds kinda dodgy.
Thanks. This year's RDM bonuses are reason enough to credit this next trip to AA and see what happens if I call after. I'll have 175k then, but my hopes remain low as a fair amount my EQPs are post-April when the .5 boost began.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00
I've just spoken with Aadvantage customer service, and got some odd information. I stand currently just over 149k EQP (123k EQM) with 25k EQP (including bonus) booked so I called to ask about overachieving EXPs. I'm a heavy leisure flyer/ light work flyer so a lot of I class flying mixed with random other fares which would average to I points anyway, so this may just have been his polite way of telling me I have too low a helix score.

The fellow said that it's not yet 'elite season' and I should call back 'sometime in November' to see what will be offered, as every year during elite season ACS agents get an email telling them what the rewards will be. I pointed out that they didn't actually offer any ELTA rewards last year, and he said they did and I should wait until sometime in November and call again. He couldn't suggest one way or another whether I should credit my next trip (end OCT) to AA or not. I'm not yet done booking for the year.

Did he make this up in order to keep silent about helices, in which case I should consider crediting to BA? Or are we heading into some sort of genuine 'elite season' where I might benefit from crediting to AA? I've never heard of it before and a search turned up nothing, so please forgive me if it's been mentioned and I've missed it.

Thanks.
Most important... there is no point to call prior to 150k EQP. Then, as others suggest, call again.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: AA , 3MM, CK, Marriott Titanim
2015 Miles

I am just over 200k miles points for the year. At what point should one call and ask for additional VIP upgrades?

( assuming they will still do the same this year?)
Old Oct 26, 2015, 8:24 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Thread merged. Please continue the disscussion in the extant thread on this topic. Thanks. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.