Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Any chance of getting on an earlier LHR-MIA flight that is BA metal?

Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold

I very much doubt that there is much hope, but I am ticketed (AA flight numbers and ticket stock, operated by BA, BA, AA discounted business class, AA EXP) MAA-LHR-ORD-MIA; I couldn't ticket MAA-LHR-MIA because there is only 1h from landing to departure (T5-T3) and that would make it not allowed. My average time from T5 to T3 (past security) is less than 35 minutes - so if the flight was on time (and sometimes it comes in a little early) I could be at a gate, at the BA connections desk, at AA about 25 minutes+ before departure. I also would have enough time to make it back to T5 for the ORD flight. Would not have checked bags of course.

Is there any chance to get onto that BA flight, and if so, who would one talk to - AA or BA?

I am not terribly motivated to even try that since I would expect the odds of success negligible. If the last MIA-LHR direct was AA metal, I'd say the odds are reasonable enough (though I could get a meal at the CX F lounge out of it).

Anyhow, anyone have any experience to share?

Thanks

Last edited by flying_geek; Jan 25, 2018 at 3:47 pm Reason: missing detail
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
No chance at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.