Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA lounge at PHL denies access to AA Elites / Premium Flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge at PHL denies access to AA Elites / Premium Flyers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Flying Y, PHL-LHR on AA today and no issues accessing the BA lounge (OW Emerald). I did arrive around 4:30 p.m., before it became too crowded with BA flyers. Maybe that helped. They'll write your info down, scan you BPs and you're set. Always nice to visit. Became very busy up until 6 p.m., then emptied out when the BA flight left. Very nice, now. Could use more power options in/around the club. Minor issue, though.

Last edited by Abidjan; Dec 19, 2015 at 5:34 pm
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Flying Y, PHL-LHR on AA today and no issues accessing the BA lounge (OW Emerald). I did arrive around 4:30 p.m., before it became too crowded with BA flyers. Maybe that helped. They'll write your info down, scan you BPs and you're set. Always nice to visit. Became very busy up until 6 p.m., then emptied out when the BA flight left. Very nice, now. Could use more power options in/around the club. Minor issue, though.
I had the same experience on 3 December, except that i am not OW Emerald. We enjoyed the lounge although I thought the wine served was not very good. The snacks are decent. There was also a sign which said you can go into the dining room only if you are flying BA Business or first.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
What are my odds of access arriving LHR-PHL in Club World?

Five+ hour layover in PHL with my wife coming up. I am OneWorld Emerald through AA but only basic member status w/ BA. Flying in Club World ticket LHR-PHL then onward in F (not that it matters) on AA. Round trip business class revenue ticket from BA directly.

Arrive 3:35 PM, depart 8:45 PM on a Sunday. I've read that the PHL lounge closes at 6PM but even a couple hours BA lounge could break up a long layover.

Worth a shot? Any estimate as to the odds on a Sunday afternoon?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by PittDoc
Five+ hour layover in PHL with my wife coming up. I am OneWorld Emerald through AA but only basic member status w/ BA. Flying in Club World ticket LHR-PHL then onward in F (not that it matters) on AA. Round trip business class revenue ticket from BA directly.

Arrive 3:35 PM, depart 8:45 PM on a Sunday. I've read that the PHL lounge closes at 6PM but even a couple hours BA lounge could break up a long layover.

Worth a shot? Any estimate as to the odds on a Sunday afternoon?
But it does matter, as oneworld access rules stipulate you must be departing on a oneworld flight to be able to access a lounge if you're arriving in a qualifying class of service or by status for lounge access. What doesn't matter is where you purchased your ticket, or even whether it is revenue or award.

I'd say "give it a try". Good luck.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:48 am

Access at PHL BA Lounge

I will be flying from BCN to PHL on AA in J and connecting to LAX in F. I understand that I will have access to Admirals Clubs in PHL but will I have access to BA Galleries Club Lounge?
I know that BA Galleries First Lounge and Club dining is out of the question but according to OW rules, I should have access to BA Club Lounge, right?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
This has already been discussed. If you're not flying on BA out of PHL, you will not have access to their lounge there.
If I am flying J on AA metal but booked through BA, I have access to the BA lounge yes?

Last edited by AlanA; Apr 13, 2016 at 2:02 pm
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by AlanA
If I am flying J on AA metal but booked through BA, I have access to the BA lounge yes?
Do you have AA Platinum or BA Silver status? If so, yes, BA lounge access.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by AlanA
The post you quoted is incorrect at least in its certainty. By the rules, it doesn't matter whether the flight is marketed or operated by AA or BA; the access rules are the same. I have accessed the BA lounge in PHL on an AA marketed and operated long haul flight, in accordance with the rules. Any of BA or AA Emerald or Sapphire status or being in the J/F cabin on AA or BA is good for access.

BA may deny access saying the lounge is full (as many have experienced at PHL); they're probably more likely to cite that rule if you're not on a BA-operated flight, but the operator of your flight (between AA and BA) has no bearing by the rules.

Originally Posted by billgrates3
Do you have AA Platinum or BA Silver status? If so, yes, BA lounge access.
Flying J on AA (long haul) or BA is good for BA lounge access irrespective of status.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Just adding my data point; I tried to access the BA lounge on an AA Intl J ticket (also OW Sapphire) and, like others, was denied to capacity constraints as the "flights that evening were full." This was as 3:15 pm and the lounge was empty.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
I had access on an AA 798 business class to AMS but NOT after AA 799 on the way back. Also, no drink chits in the PHL Admiral's club on the way back either. In both lounges, I was told that I need to have an international business class boarding pass for my next flight to enter/get the drink chits. Kind of disappointed in that; what's the difference?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Yesterday, denied access to the BA lounge at PHL.

Held a AA BP flying same day Central America to Canada. First class. 12:30pm.

Here's probably a fresh excuse...

"Why yes, technically it's probably ok. But only for Qatar flyers. After 2/2:30sih then BA people are ok."

Holding a BA Gold/travel partner GGL/CCR if that matters...
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ncSam
Just adding my data point; I tried to access the BA lounge on an AA Intl J ticket (also OW Sapphire) and, like others, was denied to capacity constraints as the "flights that evening were full." This was as 3:15 pm and the lounge was empty.
Originally Posted by 47Chits

"Why yes, technically it's probably ok. But only for Qatar flyers. After 2/2:30sih then BA people are ok."

Please write AA to complain. I'm hoping if enough of us complain then AA will do something. I was also denied and wrote AA who gave me 2k miles. I didn't care about the miles, but I want them to get BA to play by the rules.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Oh, I have already sent how I really feel to both BA and AA.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 47Chits

Seems to be a pretty valid excuse . From https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Originally Posted by oneworld
Location details: Concourse A West, departures level

Opening hours: Daily: 07:00-11:00 and 15:00-21:45 (16:00-22:45 from 26Oct-01Nov) The lounge is open during the morning exclusively for the use of QR customers.
Until it opens for the afternoon session time , it is QR passengers only
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:29 am

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
I have a flight departing from PHL at 18:20, sitting in an award J similar ticket. I do have AA Plat status, so should I try to get into the BA lounge?

Trying to sift through the thread for a bit and saw some people talk about Plat status being able to enter the lounge or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.