Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The A321T three class transcontinental version of the “32B” (Airbus A321-200 with Sharklets wingtip devices) offers ten Flagship individual solo suites with fully flat beds, all with windows and aisle access. The suites are based on the Sicma Skylounge platform, similar to the Sicma Cirrus Business seats used in the 77W (777-300ER) having received shell treatments to make them instantly recognisable to international American flyers. The seat offers 75” pitch, 25” width, not measured for verification.

The front two seats are said to have roomier foot boxes, and are close to the “Cuddle Cabin” ventilated pet closets, and though they seem close to lav and galley, many do not note excessive noise due to the intervening space for exit doors. There are no “best seats” for couples; these are all solo suites separated by an aisle width at least.

Business Class offers ten pairs of B/E Aerospace Diamond Parallel seats, fully flat beds. The window seat passenger may be obstructed by the aisle passenger. Row 6 is close to lav and galley. Row 8 A and F have only one window. Row 10 is separated from Economy by the exit access ways.
Print Wikipost

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:53 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rjw242
Yep. And I'll bet if you offered to swap one of the worst seats in J for one of the best seats in Y (not pitching it quite that way), you'd get a taker
(1)The main purpose of my original post was to ALERT other FTers about 6D and 6F
(2)As annoying as the "glaring" toilet light was: the full recline seat, the Bose headsets, the nice choice of movies on IFE, the mini-meal and the scones for breakfast, counter balanced the light issue.
PS: I've flown a lot on AA, the toilet light on my flight seemed to be much brighter than for other flights
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:06 am

Non transcon A321

Hi
I've had a quick read of the thread, this seems to be all about transcon. I have the A321 MSY-DFW, so not transcon and sorry about asking in the wrong place.

Any experiences with row 1 in first/business? Is the bulkhead too close. (heights of travellers are 6 foot and below).

Is overhead space ok?
We won't be going overboard with carry on.

thanks...

Last edited by SandA4Eva; Apr 29, 2017 at 2:06 am Reason: autocorrect
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SandA4Eva
Hi
I've had a quick read of the thread, this seems to be all about transcon. I have the A321 MSY-DFW, so not transcon and sorry about asking in the wrong place.

Any experiences with row 1 in first/business? Is the bulkhead too close. (heights of travellers are 6 foot and below).

Is overhead space ok?
We won't be going overboard with carry on.

thanks...
Please read the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html thread for the legacy US Airways A321. This thread is indeed about the A321T three class transcontinental version.

There's also a legacy AA A321S that could fly this route, covered in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
So it appears that I've booked the 32B trancon a/c out of BOS to SFO via JFK.

Was surprised that the J seats were offered as MCE for the BOS-JFK leg of the trip. Will be interesting to see if I get an upgrade to F for BOS-JFK leg and J for JFK to SFO portion.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
So it appears that I've booked the 32B trancon a/c out of BOS to SFO via JFK.

Was surprised that the J seats were offered as MCE for the BOS-JFK leg of the trip. Will be interesting to see if I get an upgrade to F for BOS-JFK leg and J for JFK to SFO portion.
Was it an award ticket? I did this back when AA still released saver seats in J and I was put in F for the BOS-JFK leg.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
How's 3A vs 1F on a full dinner evening flight? JFK-SFO Is 1F literally next to the galley?
Old May 26, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
How's 3A vs 1F on a full dinner evening flight? JFK-SFO Is 1F literally next to the galley?
1F is right up there with the galley. I'd take that seat instead of 1A.

3A and 3F are mid-point of the F cabin. Great seats.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Thanks! So 1F is better than 1A...?
Old May 26, 2017, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thanks! So 1F is better than 1A...?
Since 1F is behind the galley, and separated by the bulkhead, I believe you'll receive less light shining from the galley in that seat compared to 1A which is on the diagonal from the galley.
Old May 27, 2017, 3:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks! Going with 1F!
Old May 31, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Finding myself on a 3 class A321 for an upcoming short east coast sector in F. Currently in 1F, is there any disadvantage to this seat (galley noise not really an issue for me on a short day flight)? 2F and 4F also available at the moment. Thanks for any observations.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Finding myself on a 3 class A321 for an upcoming short east coast sector in F. Currently in 1F, is there any disadvantage to this seat (galley noise not really an issue for me on a short day flight)? 2F and 4F also available at the moment. Thanks for any observations.
All good seats there......
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:43 am

Any thoughts on best seat for my wife and I + lap infant, AA 171 in J?? I see that 6 D/F (which I currently have reserved) have the most floor space, best view, but concerned about noise (lav/galley + snack basket) and seat length (I'm 6'4'' and the bulkhead seats seem to be bit shorter than rows 7-10). Any suggestions are welcome. Thx.

Last edited by benjahman; Jun 20, 2017 at 11:00 am
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by benjahman
Any thoughts on best seat for my wife and I + lap infant, AA 171 in J?? I see that 6 D/F (which I currently have reserved) have the most floor space, best view, but concerned about noise (lav/galley + snack basket) and seat length (I'm 6'4'' and the bulkhead seats seem to be bit shorter than rows 7-10). Any suggestions are welcome. Thx.
6F is my seat of choice, but if you want to sleep the bathroom light, plus people going in and out of it could be a problem. 6A and 6C might be a better pick if that's your motive, but I find getting in and out of my seat without disturbing my seat mate is always why I pick 6F.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brc757rr
6F is my seat of choice, but if you want to sleep the bathroom light, plus people going in and out of it could be a problem. 6A and 6C might be a better pick if that's your motive, but I find getting in and out of my seat without disturbing my seat mate is always why I pick 6F.
I've always flown alone and chosen 6A if available on the 321T. IME the lavatory door on that plane has a tendency to get "stuck" open after passengers exit, meaning that the light could be shining on 6DF for long periods of time, especially if you don't have a proactive crew. I don't know how much of a problem this is in 6C (since you're traveling as a couple).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.