Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The A321T three class transcontinental version of the “32B” (Airbus A321-200 with Sharklets wingtip devices) offers ten Flagship individual solo suites with fully flat beds, all with windows and aisle access. The suites are based on the Sicma Skylounge platform, similar to the Sicma Cirrus Business seats used in the 77W (777-300ER) having received shell treatments to make them instantly recognisable to international American flyers. The seat offers 75” pitch, 25” width, not measured for verification.

The front two seats are said to have roomier foot boxes, and are close to the “Cuddle Cabin” ventilated pet closets, and though they seem close to lav and galley, many do not note excessive noise due to the intervening space for exit doors. There are no “best seats” for couples; these are all solo suites separated by an aisle width at least.

Business Class offers ten pairs of B/E Aerospace Diamond Parallel seats, fully flat beds. The window seat passenger may be obstructed by the aisle passenger. Row 6 is close to lav and galley. Row 8 A and F have only one window. Row 10 is separated from Economy by the exit access ways.
Print Wikipost

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2021, 8:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Does row 1 have numerous windows or just one? Deciding between 1F and 3F. I like the "tucked in a corner" concept of row 1, but I don't want it if there's only one window, at best. For all the times I've flown it, I don't think I've ever chosen row 1.
Row 1 seats have one window - nicely positioned to get a view though.
Old May 3, 2021, 5:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Does row 1 have numerous windows or just one? Deciding between 1F and 3F. I like the "tucked in a corner" concept of row 1, but I don't want it if there's only one window, at best. For all the times I've flown it, I don't think I've ever chosen row 1.
Originally Posted by Prospero
Row 1 seats have one window - nicely positioned to get a view though.
Prospero is correct. I didn't find the view in 1F limited but the single window

Old May 3, 2021, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
I hated row 1 and regretted the decision the whole time.
Old May 4, 2021, 3:51 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I hated row 1 and regretted the decision the whole time.

oh i've never sat there and never would! first it is too close to the galley (and im not normally one who complains about proximity to the galley--but it matters here!), lots of back and forth, and finally the set up of baskets on the surface just in front of my face. that would bother me to no end.

i prefer row 3 personally in f and 10 in j bc again, sititng at the back of the cabin, there is no aisle traffic to deal with.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Row 1 has full sized foot well though.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
FWIW, I also try to avoid row 1 in F, but I don't mind the row 6 windows in J (prefer the wider footwells and find the row 6 window seats to have sufficient privacy from the galley/lav). YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Hello, not sure if this was answered before.
On my upcoming US - EU return it seems the short hop JFK - BOS will be done by A321T.
Business class ticket but AA website let me choose row 2 (which should be F normally).
Is that "normal" behaviour?
Not that I am expecting fancy service on that short flight, just being curious.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by SirToby
Hello, not sure if this was answered before.
On my upcoming US - EU return it seems the short hop JFK - BOS will be done by A321T.
Business class ticket but AA website let me choose row 2 (which should be F normally).
Is that "normal" behaviour?
Not that I am expecting fancy service on that short flight, just being curious.
It's only sold as F on "Flagship" routes (transcon).
SirToby likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
It's only sold as F on "Flagship" routes (transcon).
Ok.
So what will they do with the J-class seats on that domestic flights?
Also use them as Domestic First and because of luck / status you can snag the F seats?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by SirToby
Ok.
So what will they do with the J-class seats on that domestic flights?
Also use them as Domestic First and because of luck / status you can snag the F seats?
J cabin is sold as main cabin extra.

Up in F you will at least get a drink service on the small hop.
hbtr and SirToby like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by HiAperture
J cabin is sold as main cabin extra.

Up in F you will at least get a drink service on the small hop.
Thx for the clarificatioin!
Old Jan 5, 2023, 6:52 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Row 5 in F and Row 6 in J

My parents are flying on this plane in F, while my sister and young niece are in J. In the case they do want to visit each other once or twice during the flight and to minimize disruption to other pax, I'm thinking to put my parents in row 5 and my sister/niece in row 6. Any downsides to this? I've never flown J on this plane so not sure how row 6 is. I've been in row 5 once on a redeye and didn't have an issue, but is it too close to the lavs?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
My parents are flying on this plane in F, while my sister and young niece are in J. In the case they do want to visit each other once or twice during the flight and to minimize disruption to other pax, I'm thinking to put my parents in row 5 and my sister/niece in row 6. Any downsides to this? I've never flown J on this plane so not sure how row 6 is. I've been in row 5 once on a redeye and didn't have an issue, but is it too close to the lavs?
I personally prefer row 6 since the footwells are slightly less constrained than the other rows. If it is a nighttime flight, you do a get a bit of light/noise from the galley and light for the lav doors (particularly if you are sitting on the right side) when people go in and out. But with a good pair of noise cancelling headphones and/or eye mask, the light/noise hasn't bothered me.

Also, I don't think there will be that big of a difference from a passenger disruption issue whether your parents are in row 5 or further up. Similarly if your sister and niece are sitting further back.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
The goldilocks seat

3A for me. 7A if in J. I also like 7F for sleeping on my right side.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
F Open J Booked Y Open

Do upgrades ever occur for where there are:

8 seats open in first (no one standing by)
0 in business (I’m the only one standing by)
13 coach open (3 people standing by)

ticket is a coach ticket with plat status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.