Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Boeing 767-300 / 763 "CIP" with Lie Flat Business (2014 CIP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The current thread for discussing the 767-323ER Thompson Vantage Business Seats is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1542143-boeing-767-300-763-thompson-vantage-business-seat-map-best-seats.html.

"CIP" Cabin Improvement Program Full Lie Flat Thompson Vantage Seat and All-Aisle Access. 16 of 24 with WiFi, Business with tablets for IFE.

See American Airlines Business Class Seat video in first post
[/b]
[/center]
Due to thread and interest growth, please see 763 / 767 CIP New (2014) Business Seat and Map (master thread). BUSINESS SEAT and BUSINESS CABIN posts have moved to that thread.

NOTE: All currently flying 763s are refurbished.

100% of the active fleet have been converted (as of 30OCT17) (* = wifi available):
  • N342AN*, N343AN*, N344AN*, N346AN*, N347AN*, N348AN*, N349AN*, N350AN*, N379AA, N381AN*, N384AA*, N385AM, N388AA, N389AA, N390AA, N391AA, N392AN, N393AN, N394AN, N395AN, N396AN, N397AN*, N398AN, and N399AN*.

The following 34 aircraft have been retired (as of 30OCT17):
  • N345AN, N351AA, N352AA, N353AA, N354AA, N355AA, N357AA, N358AA, N39356, N359AA, N360AA, N361AA, N362AA, N363AA, N39364, N39365, N366AA, N39367, N368AA, N369AA, N370AA, N371AA, N372AA, N373AA, N374AA, N7375A, N376AN, N377AN, N378AN, N382AN, N383AN, N386AA, N387AM, N380AN (with N373AA being the final NGBC aircraft retired to Roswell on 30OCT17)

Program details:
  • ~26 (46%) of AA's fleet of 57 763 / 767-323ERs have been retained and upgraded with a Cabin Improvement Program - 28 new horizontal lie-flat Thompson Vantage business seats, 14 MCE seats (row 11 gets removed as the business cabin is enlarged), and 163 coach / economy (including 14 exit row) seats. Other upgrades include international satellite Wi-Fi (refit started in 2016), 110V AC power outlets in the business cabin (MCE and coach will retain 15V DC cigarette-lighter style power), new overhead monitors and audio systems, and a refurbishment of lavatories and main cabin seats. No personal in-seat video system was installed - the premium cabin retain the Samsung Galaxy tablets (docked to seatbacks) on international flights, and the main cabin, as well as the premium cabin on domestic flights, will stay with shared overhead screens.

• These aircraft were refurbished for one reason: the AA/BA/IB/AY transatlantic joint business agreement requires that AA have lie-flat seats for transatlantic routes.

• Link to post with artist's rendition of new J cabin. Link to post with new seat maps as they appear in AA.com

• Link to airchive article including pictures, and Link to mycrewlife blog post with more renderings showing the business cabin.

• Link to FT Trip Report with images

• Link to AA's widebody CIP announcement. For 777 upgrades, see thread 777-200ER / 772 No First; New Business Announced 2014 (767 stuff moved).

J-cabin seat map:

Code:
   A  D  G  J
 2 0_ 0_0_ _0 2
 3 _0 _0_0 0_ 3
 4 0_ 0_0_ _0 4
 5 _0 _0_0 0_ 5
 6 0_ 0_0_ _0 6
 7 _0 _0_0 0_ 7
 8 0_ 0_0_ _0 8
 A  D  G  J

Legend: 0 = seat; _ = table
Link to SeatGuru 763 seat chart

Note: the seats in C behind seats with smaller consoles (inside center) have smaller foot cubbies; those with large feet or shoes will feel cramped. Those over six feet will feel cramped if they lie supine in the fully flattened seat; sleeping slanted or side sleeping with bent legs is possible.

In Business they offer a 110 VAC multi-socket in the e-pad front tray area, and another, as well as USB and audio mini jack at shoulder height over and at the rear of the console. Seat controls are touch controls, and can involuntarily be operated by resting your forearm on the console.

The tray table is released with a button; it pivots out and folds. Table height may impede those who are portly or have long legs. Overhead bins, IFE monitors, lavs etc. have not been upgraded.

JDiver's mini-report here.

Contributors: sensei, SDQBound(former B7e7US), Longboater, Econometrics[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Boeing 767-300 / 763 "CIP" with Lie Flat Business (2014 CIP)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:05 am

Does anybody has pictures of the economy section with the new fabric seats and the drop down IFE?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by sensei
Check again. It seems the most recent schedule update now shows the new seats pretty far into the future.
Thanks! No more AAncient biz for MIA-CDG in July!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Thanks! No more AAncient biz for MIA-CDG in July!
In many ways I actually prefer the NGBC J seat, especially for daytime flights. Of course for sleeping the full flat seat is preferable, but I find it harder, less intuitive for eating, drinking, and relaxing, much less roomy, and terrible for traveling with others.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Just hoped from an old 777-200 to this. I hope i made a good change.

Was looking through the old 772 pictures and it might seem that the new CIP 763 beats it. The 777 looked so old. - Between 31A/B/H/J on the 772 and Row 17, i think i did well to move.

What i am wondering is... How does the coach cabin look on this CIP 763? Does anyone have real photos... specially the coach cabin, their MCE's and exit rows currently?

Originally Posted by Arielwar
Does anybody has pictures of the economy section with the new fabric seats and the drop down IFE?
+1

Can a kind soul please share some photos of the CIP economy section?
I would like to see the seats, if the fabric has been changed or something has been done to the economy section as well. Space/legroom between exit rows... legroom for the MCE...

I don't know current pictures of the coach section. Last time i flew these were in 2013!

777-200 looked like a no-no. Plus wow.. what a high density config. Had center rows of 5 seats! Ouch!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Arielwar
Originally Posted by mvtm
Just hoped from an old 777-200 to this. I hope i made a good change.

Was looking through the old 772 pictures and it might seem that the new CIP 763 beats it. The 777 looked so old. - Between 31A/B/H/J on the 772 and Row 17, i think i did well to move.

What i am wondering is... How does the coach cabin look on this CIP 763? Does anyone have real photos... specially the coach cabin, their MCE's and exit rows currently?

+1

Can a kind soul please share some photos of the CIP economy section?
I would like to see the seats, if the fabric has been changed or something has been done to the economy section as well. Space/legroom between exit rows... legroom for the MCE...

I don't know current pictures of the coach section. Last time i flew these were in 2013!

777-200 looked like a no-no. Plus wow.. what a high density config. Had center rows of 5 seats! Ouch!
Some pictures in this flight report

http://flight-report.com/fr/report-9196.html
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Some pictures in this flight report

http://flight-report.com/fr/report-9196.html
Merci! B7e7US ^

ps.- did you wrote it?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mvtm
Merci! B7e7US ^

ps.- did you wrote it?
No, I didn't. Just a few observations after looking very carefully:

- Row 12 only has one window, contrary to Row 11, which had 3.
- There seem to be more space between Row 12 and 13 than before.
- Apparently not all seats got refreshed. There's a picture (#7) that shows a seat with the old cloth and two with the new one.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:13 pm

Opinions of AA's new 767 business class

Flew AA J on a refurbed 767-300 GIG-JFK the other day and was really disappointed with both the hard and soft product.

The CC looking after the J cabin were surly and non responsive when compared with BA crew. The purser was pretty good however.

The seat http://www.aa.com/content/images/abo..._gallery_2.jpg was pretty uncomfortable in seat mode and horrendous in bed mode. It did not go completely flat and the box you have to put your feet in was tiny. I'm 6ft and so not abnormally large but still found it very claustrophobic and uncomfortable with the very limited foot movement possible. I much prefer the CW pad you rest your feet on with nothing above it.

The cabin temperature varied greatly also.

Overall i had been looking forward to it to compare to CW but in future will actively avoid birds with this setup
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
Really ? It looks pretty modern and less dorm like.

Was the foot area really small ? Less comfortable than the CW foot stool ? Do you move your feet a lot when lying down ?

And how was the AA food and drink, compared to CW ?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The seat does go completely flat—I sleep on my front/side so I would have noticed, I think. I agree the foot box is a bit restrictive.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

As this topic reads as a review of AA’s new 767 business class product, let’s move this thread over to the American Airlines forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by charltonfan1
Flew AA J on a refurbed 767-300 GIG-JFK the other day and was really disappointed with both the hard and soft product.

The CC looking after the J cabin were surly and non responsive when compared with BA crew. The purser was pretty good however.

The seat http://www.aa.com/content/images/abo..._gallery_2.jpg was pretty uncomfortable in seat mode and horrendous in bed mode. It did not go completely flat and the box you have to put your feet in was tiny. I'm 6ft and so not abnormally large but still found it very claustrophobic and uncomfortable with the very limited foot movement possible. I much prefer the CW pad you rest your feet on with nothing above it.

The cabin temperature varied greatly also.

Overall i had been looking forward to it to compare to CW but in future will actively avoid birds with this setup
There is an existing thread discussing Business Class seating in the renovated 767s here ---> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by bafan
Really ? It looks pretty modern and less dorm like.

Was the foot area really small ? Less comfortable than the CW foot stool ? Do you move your feet a lot when lying down ?

And how was the AA food and drink, compared to CW ?
Foot area I felt was tiny and I do move around a lot when I sleep. The foot still in BA CW suits me much better

The beef chateaubriand was nice but rest of food and wine found was average. Champagne is not heard of before and slightly edged BAs J bubbles
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:42 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by george 3
There is an existing thread discussing Business Class seating in the renovated 767s here ---> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html
And now merged. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by charltonfan1
The beef chateaubriand was nice but rest of food and wine found was average. Champagne is not heard of before and slightly edged BAs J bubbles
Welcome to the new AA... At least the main was good. That's a step above many of the other mains out there on the new AA. Champagne and wine, well, yeah. They're laughable by the standards set on pretty much any other large airline outside the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.