Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Boeing 767-300 / 763 "CIP" with Lie Flat Business (2014 CIP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The current thread for discussing the 767-323ER Thompson Vantage Business Seats is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1542143-boeing-767-300-763-thompson-vantage-business-seat-map-best-seats.html.

"CIP" Cabin Improvement Program Full Lie Flat Thompson Vantage Seat and All-Aisle Access. 16 of 24 with WiFi, Business with tablets for IFE.

See American Airlines Business Class Seat video in first post
[/b]
[/center]
Due to thread and interest growth, please see 763 / 767 CIP New (2014) Business Seat and Map (master thread). BUSINESS SEAT and BUSINESS CABIN posts have moved to that thread.

NOTE: All currently flying 763s are refurbished.

100% of the active fleet have been converted (as of 30OCT17) (* = wifi available):
  • N342AN*, N343AN*, N344AN*, N346AN*, N347AN*, N348AN*, N349AN*, N350AN*, N379AA, N381AN*, N384AA*, N385AM, N388AA, N389AA, N390AA, N391AA, N392AN, N393AN, N394AN, N395AN, N396AN, N397AN*, N398AN, and N399AN*.

The following 34 aircraft have been retired (as of 30OCT17):
  • N345AN, N351AA, N352AA, N353AA, N354AA, N355AA, N357AA, N358AA, N39356, N359AA, N360AA, N361AA, N362AA, N363AA, N39364, N39365, N366AA, N39367, N368AA, N369AA, N370AA, N371AA, N372AA, N373AA, N374AA, N7375A, N376AN, N377AN, N378AN, N382AN, N383AN, N386AA, N387AM, N380AN (with N373AA being the final NGBC aircraft retired to Roswell on 30OCT17)

Program details:
  • ~26 (46%) of AA's fleet of 57 763 / 767-323ERs have been retained and upgraded with a Cabin Improvement Program - 28 new horizontal lie-flat Thompson Vantage business seats, 14 MCE seats (row 11 gets removed as the business cabin is enlarged), and 163 coach / economy (including 14 exit row) seats. Other upgrades include international satellite Wi-Fi (refit started in 2016), 110V AC power outlets in the business cabin (MCE and coach will retain 15V DC cigarette-lighter style power), new overhead monitors and audio systems, and a refurbishment of lavatories and main cabin seats. No personal in-seat video system was installed - the premium cabin retain the Samsung Galaxy tablets (docked to seatbacks) on international flights, and the main cabin, as well as the premium cabin on domestic flights, will stay with shared overhead screens.

• These aircraft were refurbished for one reason: the AA/BA/IB/AY transatlantic joint business agreement requires that AA have lie-flat seats for transatlantic routes.

• Link to post with artist's rendition of new J cabin. Link to post with new seat maps as they appear in AA.com

• Link to airchive article including pictures, and Link to mycrewlife blog post with more renderings showing the business cabin.

• Link to FT Trip Report with images

• Link to AA's widebody CIP announcement. For 777 upgrades, see thread 777-200ER / 772 No First; New Business Announced 2014 (767 stuff moved).

J-cabin seat map:

Code:
   A  D  G  J
 2 0_ 0_0_ _0 2
 3 _0 _0_0 0_ 3
 4 0_ 0_0_ _0 4
 5 _0 _0_0 0_ 5
 6 0_ 0_0_ _0 6
 7 _0 _0_0 0_ 7
 8 0_ 0_0_ _0 8
 A  D  G  J

Legend: 0 = seat; _ = table
Link to SeatGuru 763 seat chart

Note: the seats in C behind seats with smaller consoles (inside center) have smaller foot cubbies; those with large feet or shoes will feel cramped. Those over six feet will feel cramped if they lie supine in the fully flattened seat; sleeping slanted or side sleeping with bent legs is possible.

In Business they offer a 110 VAC multi-socket in the e-pad front tray area, and another, as well as USB and audio mini jack at shoulder height over and at the rear of the console. Seat controls are touch controls, and can involuntarily be operated by resting your forearm on the console.

The tray table is released with a button; it pivots out and folds. Table height may impede those who are portly or have long legs. Overhead bins, IFE monitors, lavs etc. have not been upgraded.

JDiver's mini-report here.

Contributors: sensei, SDQBound(former B7e7US), Longboater, Econometrics[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Boeing 767-300 / 763 "CIP" with Lie Flat Business (2014 CIP)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bmchris
I would advise against going through MIA during hurricane season.
Is CLT going to be much better? NC gets hit regularly but I guess CLT is a tad further inland. I would avoid CBP at Miami but have only flown domestic at CLT. My only positives for MIA are there are many flights from LHR on BA/AA so if a flight were canceled there would be easy reroutes (and personally I prefer Boeing equipment). If the USAir seats are like 77w these are less confining than the 763 CIP but I would fly either new seats.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
My early July MIA-CDG is still showing AAncient biz - but the wiki says its supposed to operate with the new config... has AA simply not loaded their schedules <5 months out?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
My early July MIA-CDG is still showing AAncient biz - but the wiki says its supposed to operate with the new config... has AA simply not loaded their schedules <5 months out?
Yes, that's the case. I am flying the same route in May and June (AA62/63) and it still shows the old configuration, but the norm should be the new configuration, as AA officially announced to us CDG-based elites that CDG-MIA and CDG-JFK have the new business seats.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by rjlon
Is CLT going to be much better? NC gets hit regularly but I guess CLT is a tad further inland.
Hurricanes rarely get inland into NC far enough to seriously disrupt CLT or RDU. Last major hurricane in CLT was 1989.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/ourP...0-retrofit.jsp

For those interested, American finally put up a page detailing the retrofit of the 767.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Flying on one tonight to SCL
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Enjoy the new business! Hope it isn't too narrow or restricting!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Longboater
Enjoy the new business! Hope it isn't too narrow or restricting!
No, it's not narrow or restricting. It's very comfortable with lots of space to spread (especially if you get a seat with the larger side table), and very private - if you get a seat with the side table between you and the aisle.

I was on JFK-VCP and I'm surprised they are using these relatively scarce renovated 767s to VCP from both JFK and MIA. I would have thought the paid J traffic would fly to GRU, as VCP is not very convenient unless you are connecting on Azul, which is unlikely for paid J pax.
And I thought the main reason for upgrading the J cabins on the 767s was to comply with the JBA transatlantic?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Nice! Is this MIA-SCL? Are all AA 767 aircraft on this route reconfigured now?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NDFan
No, it's not narrow or restricting. It's very comfortable with lots of space to spread (especially if you get a seat with the larger side table), and very private - if you get a seat with the side table between you and the aisle.

I was on JFK-VCP and I'm surprised they are using these relatively scarce renovated 767s to VCP from both JFK and MIA. I would have thought the paid J traffic would fly to GRU, as VCP is not very convenient unless you are connecting on Azul, which is unlikely for paid J pax.
And I thought the main reason for upgrading the J cabins on the 767s was to comply with the JBA transatlantic?
I agree with you on how pleasant it is. It also seems strange that the roll out plan seems haphazard. I was told like you that the CIP's on AA were as a result of JBA with BA TATL. Have experienced 763 and 773 Business and First though not new 772 yet, I wonder if BA are pulling back on requirement as these new seats are so far ahead of BA's Club World having adequate length and all aisle access? May be we can hope for BA to update its product to match AA?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Check again. It seems the most recent schedule update now shows the new seats pretty far into the future.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by NDFan

That's actually quite interesting. I've heard many who are tall or broad shouldered have issues with the seat.I know row 2 has a larger footwell with those with larger feet.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rjlon
...I wonder if BA are pulling back on requirement as these new seats are so far ahead of BA's Club World having adequate length and all aisle access? May be we can hope for BA to update its product to match AA?
No and of course not.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonNYC
No and of course not.
My tongue was in my cheek as my expectations for BA are based on years of having to fly them on non TATL routes. I wonder what reason would you give for the absence of CIP on TATL routes to UK where 763 are deployed and on South American deployment. Certainly a bonus for that market but LHR/MAN - ORD, RDU and 763 DFW seem to be stuck with NGBC for the forseeable future. Where does the JBA reqs stand? Or will we see 787 on some of these routes? My understanding was 787 was focused on TPAC flights for competitive reasons.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:07 am

When is the scheduled completion date of the CIP? Also is it 26 now instead of 25? Looking at the number to be completed and the time it takes for conversions at KPAE, it appears at the end of the June these will be all set and done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.