Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com®, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasn’t posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair “ineligible” flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that haven’t posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Call and speak to someone in AAdvantage CS and they should be able to sort it out for you. When I had the same problem, an online claim for missing mileage credit didn't achieve anything.

When I spoke to an AAgent they explained that they could actually see the transaction posted in my account (as zero miles) hence there was no "missing mileage credit" as far as the computer was concerned. He then manually posted the correct EQM/EQP/RDM for me while I was on the phone.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Avios upgrades cause problems with miles crediting in the BA Exec Club as well. In the UK, we have to call BA and have the mileage manually added to our BA account. I guess American would have encountered the problem before so should be familiar with the process.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:29 am
Suspended

Call Advantage Customer Service on Monday and take it up without them again. Don't worry about the change of the calendar, they will be able to see/update 2014-earning for a solid month into 2015.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I had called in AAdvantage CS and made a request on the phone but didn't clarify the avios upgrade situation. Might have to clarify that before they start looking into it...

I am not worried abt EQM not getting posted in correct year but more concerned on how long before account shows correct status. I have flights coming up soon and w/o EXP status, upgrades won't be getting cleared.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat
How long for CX miles to credit?

I flew two CX long hauls last weekend and they have yet to credit to my account. Should I be worried?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:52 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by nkrijeka
I flew two CX long hauls last weekend and they have yet to credit to my account. Should I be worried?
Generally, they post every Tuesday. Also, make sure the fare code is eligible for AA miles.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Thanks. Purchased J, so should be fine.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I have always had a difficult time getting CX flights credited. I had 4 tickets in J on Jan 4th. 3 credited to US Airways account and 1 credited to an AA account. 1 of the tickets credited to the US Airways account the day after the flight. The other 3 tickets haven't credited yet.

Then, there is a CX flight in J with 4 segments that I flew back in October which I credited to my AS account. To date 1 segment has credited, and none else.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GLD, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nkrijeka
No, but you may to claim the credit with AA.

Last year I flew MLE-ORD on CX. MLE-HKG took a couple of weeks. Had to do a claim 30 days later on HKG-ORD. I did have a stop over in HKG.

SO MLE-HKG had to be claimed, HKG-ORD showed up automatically.

Both where in paid J.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum
fwiw i did a cx rt hkg to sin late december and both legs credited within 24 hours -- it was part of an aa rt from ord to sin so both flt #s were aa.
ymmv.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:26 pm

AA miles from Etihad codeshare flights: how long to post?

Hello,

Flew a combination of Etihad, Virgin Australia and Air NZ metal last November under a single Etihad ticket. All had EY flight codes. The miles for the EY-operated flights have posted fine, but none of the codeshares. (As far as I can tell, these codeshares are also eligible flights.)

I filled in the flight details on the "claim missing miles" section of AA website more than a month ago. Followed it up last week with an enquiry via the contact section of the AA website. So far, I've had no response other than an automatic acknowledgement of each submission.

Does it normally take so long, or do I need to be calling / sending in boarding pass stubs?

Thanks in advance for any tips. I'm fairly new to AA and it's quite a chunk of miles (for me) to give up on.

tb
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by thorbus
Hello,

Flew a combination of Etihad, Virgin Australia and Air NZ metal last November under a single Etihad ticket. All had EY flight codes. The miles for the EY-operated flights have posted fine, but none of the codeshares. (As far as I can tell, these codeshares are also eligible flights.)

I filled in the flight details on the "claim missing miles" section of AA website more than a month ago. Followed it up last week with an enquiry via the contact section of the AA website. So far, I've had no response other than an automatic acknowledgement of each submission.

Does it normally take so long, or do I need to be calling / sending in boarding pass stubs?

Thanks in advance for any tips. I'm fairly new to AA and it's quite a chunk of miles (for me) to give up on.

tb
The only legs that are eligible for miles are the legs that had EY metal.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/etihad.jsp
Earn miles when flying on Etihad Airways marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket.
Emphasis mine.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:03 am

Ah, I get it now.
I had seen that page before, but for some reason misread that line every time (as "or" rather than "and").
Thanks for answering my question.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I was confused, but it looks like post #2 clarifies all your flights had EY codes. Only those with EY codes on EY operated flights (I would say 'metal', but that gets confusing since they also operate 'JetAirways configured aircraft operated by Etihad') are eligible for RDM miles only (you need AA codes on EY operated flights to get EQM/EQP/EQS).

That said, I had to manually submit a segment I took from AUH to Riyadh to get the miles.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:54 pm

Sorry to dig up an old thread, as I was wondering the exact same question just earlier today. Took a flight from CDG to VIE via LHR on BA (bought on BA ticket stock) and am currently waiting for the miles to post on my AA account. AA FF# was entered at time of booking and was present, along with correct status (OWE) on the BA boarding passes. I wonder if the wide variability in times has to do with whether the ticket was purchased on AA ticket stock vs. BA ticket stock. In the past, when I have flown BA (typically bought as an AA codeshare or standard BA flight but on AA ticket stock), the miles have posted in <48 hrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.