Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com®, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasn’t posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair “ineligible” flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that haven’t posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Per a conversation with Alaska today I discovered that Alaska sends a computer file once a week to American to report partner miles. This could be why people's miles seem to post between a few days and 2 weeks.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by DiegoSan
Per a conversation with Alaska today I discovered that Alaska sends a computer file once a week to American to report partner miles. This could be why people's miles seem to post between a few days and 2 weeks.
Yep, standard batch processing where the file is sent once a week. Requires AS to first send the file then someone at AA has to load it into AAdvantage. It's not an automatic or real time process so this reflects the time variance.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by grahampros
Yep, standard batch processing where the file is sent once a week. Requires AS to first send the file then someone at AA has to load it into AAdvantage. It's not an automatic or real time process so this reflects the time variance.
A bit frustrating since I fly a transcon in a couple of days and it would be nice to have my PLAT status in the system before the flight for the higher upgrade potential. (last flights on AS bumped me into PLAT but AA doesn't know it yet)

I did find out that calling AA or AS will do absolutely nothing unless 15 days have passed. Nobody will manually input anything for you.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:08 am

As if to dangle a carrot AA posted only one of my three AS flights to my account during the night....leaving me short of being Platinum for my transcon flight this morning. Interestingly it was the last flight flown of the three. Strange reporting system.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AS
I've got a flight on AS on 12/30, which will keep me at Plat for next year. So long as I fly the flight this year, it will count for status this year, and I'll okay, correct?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Rebmig
I've got a flight on AS on 12/30, which will keep me at Plat for next year. So long as I fly the flight this year, it will count for status this year, and I'll okay, correct?
Correct. It is flight date -not post date- that matters for status.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:36 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
Thierry

Originally Posted by thierry
Flew on AS on May 9. Does it take that long to post to my account or should I start claiming?
Thierry

We agreed a trade earlier in the year and I would like to ask you to conclude your part of the bargain.

You choose to ignore emails or messages on this forum, please explain what is your plan?

Thank you
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by grahampros
Three segments flown on AS on 10/29.....only one of the segments was posted in my Aadvantage acct on Nov 4th. It's now Nov 17th....first two segments still missing. Called AS cust service...they said "yeah that happens all the time".....

How is it possible to have 3 segments all on the same ticket all on the same day and only have one segment reported?? Somebody needs to get on the phone to the IT dept in Bangalore and straighten this out!!

Last edited by DiegoSan; Nov 21, 2014 at 7:42 pm
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
My First Class Alaska ticket (P fare code) posted to AA as economy, so I didn't get the mileage bonus. Has anyone had (better yet, resolved) this problem?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Update: miles finally posted for both of us. Mine was posted within a few days of the email, partner's took another email and ~20 days.

Took 9 months to get those miles.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
[missing] Mileage Request for Royal Jordanian flight [success]

Just want to report my experience. For an August trip on RJ from Jeddah to Amman and onward to Larnaca, I was missing credit for the JED-AMM leg. I sent in the mileage request on Friday and I see on Monday that I already have the credit in my account. So I just want to say thanks to AAdvantage and RJ for a fast response.

Now if they could just make it so that we could make the request online and not by fax....
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
They do. There's a web form accessible from your AAdvantage account page; lower right page below your miles report, it says "Request credit" and it's a link.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Miles/Points Post Fast! Except This Time?

I am a newly lured EXP who switched from UA to AA on Nov. 1. Noticed immediately that the miles and points posted the next day every time. That's far different from the process to which I had become accustomed at UA.

Yesterday, I flew MDE-MIA-IAH-DFW. The MIA-IAH flight was delayed indefinitely, and a call to the EXP line got me switched to a MIA-DFW non-stop later in the afternoon. Cool.

The gate agent messed it up, and I ended up flying MIA-IAH-DFW after all, and today I have credit for MDE-MIA and IAH-DFW, but no MIA-IAH. Looks to me like the mix-up with the change may have caused a glitch.

Should I request the miles/points now or wait a specified period of time to do so? I'm on a challenge that ends Jan. 21, so I can't wait too long to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance for the experienced advice.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Just call the EXP line, let them redirect you to AAdvantage service desk, explain your situation and they will deposit miles instantly.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by keepssmile
Just call the EXP line, let them redirect you to AAdvantage service desk, explain your situation and they will deposit miles instantly.
Thank you very much for that fast reply. I'll call them in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.