Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com®, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasn’t posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair “ineligible” flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that haven’t posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Has anyone tried using a ba.com account that's not tied to a BA frequent flyer number? I've never had an issue with incorrect posting because I don't have a BA frequent flyer account... Just a ba.com account. They have two options when creating an account as to whether or not you want to join their FF program.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
That's good advice. Until about a year ago I only had the BA.com account and had no problems at all.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I got that email, and a verbal warning from both AA and BA. Miles still posted pretty quickly once all parties had proof of where I wanted them.
Update - miles posted today. About 10 days after online request.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by grrizzli
In my experience it was three or four days to get all the AA miles after flying on AS (no codeshares).
I'm hoping for that kind of speed. My AA miles seems to get onto my account before my luggage hits baggage claim....and why shouldn't it in the computer age?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:47 pm

I've done 2 AS flights this year. First was in paid F, SJC-HNL roundtrip, on AS stock and an AS flight number---designating my miles to my AAdvantage number. Got the credit, with full F elite and bonus miles, within 6 days. That was last March

Second flight, last month, I did another AS flight, SJC-SEA round trip, designating the miles to my Delta Skymiles account. Posted within 6 days.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by DiegoSan
I read that Alaska can take up to 30 days after the flight to report miles to American (when you opt to receive Aadvantage miles).....but does it really take that long? Reason: my next trip on Alaska will flip me into AA-PLAT and I fly just a week later on AA....it would be nice to receive the perks (double miles, better upgrade opps etc) on my next AA trip....and that won't happen if Alaska really takes super long to report. Thanks in advance....
Congratulations on being the first post to ever ask this question.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by mvoight
Congratulations on being the first post to ever ask this question.
Thanks for all of you that actually helped me answer my question.

It seems like the range is 3-4 days to 2 weeks.

While I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this question I did actually do a search using keywords for Alaska and Aadvantage etc etc and didn't find what I was looking for. I hope I didn't waste anyone's time by creating this thread but miles posting seems to be an ever changing (and hopefully improving) process and what's happening lately is the only thing that matters.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by DiegoSan
Thanks for all of you that actually helped me answer my question.

It seems like the range is 3-4 days to 2 weeks.

While I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this question I did actually do a search using keywords for Alaska and Aadvantage etc etc and didn't find what I was looking for. I hope I didn't waste anyone's time by creating this thread but miles posting seems to be an ever changing (and hopefully improving) process and what's happening lately is the only thing that matters.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
I have requested mods move this thread to there
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Missing miles from partner flight 8 months later

I credited 2 MH flights (intra-Malaysia) for myself and DH to our AA accounts back in Feb. They are eligible for mile earning (K class, I believe), and our AAdvantage #s are shown on the BPs. We still have not received the miles 8 months and 2 mileage requests later. At this point I care more about fairness than the actual miles, so I am going to hold them accountable until they deliver. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I have contacted AA on Twitter, who is conveniently pointing me to the regular channel.

Is going after AA the right thing to do, or should I reach out to MH?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Check to make sure your domestic MA flights weren't operated by Firefly or MASwings. If either operated your flights then they aren't eligible for mileage credit on AA. Other than that all you can do is persist with AA.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PRO
Missing miles from partner flight 8 months later

I got burned by the MAS wings exception last year myself. Even after dutifully checking the fare buckets prior to booking. Luckily, none of the flights within Malaysia are very long, but as you say, sometimes it becomes about principle and fairness. Good luck!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:03 pm

After some checking, it looks like the flights were not operated by MASwings or Firefly. The BPs show no indication of either operator, and the routes aren't listed on their websites. Back to the ring.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by italdesign
... We still have not received the miles 8 months and 2 mileage requests later.
How did you make the requests?

I've had missing miles rather often but found the hidden website
https://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/reques...reditAccess.do

usually works
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by sosafan
How did you make the requests?

I've had missing miles rather often but found the hidden website
https://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/reques...reditAccess.do

usually works
I wouldn't call it particularly hidden. The link is right there on your mileage activity page on AA.com.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:22 pm

That's what I used.

To AA's credit, they left me a VM today after I wrote in last night explaining the situation and my frustration. They were apologetic but all they said is they submitted the request to MH again. What they need to do is escalate this since it didn't work the previous 2 times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.