Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com®, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasn’t posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair “ineligible” flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that haven’t posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Just got denied a missing mileage request for 2 out of the 4 Qatar flights:
QR 702 (Feb 11, 2018): JFK to DOH (D Booking Class) - Posted
QR 500 (Feb 12, 2018): DOH to HYD (D Booking Class) - Posted
QR 501 (Mar 16, 2018): HYD to DOH (D Booking Class) - Not posted, submitted a missing mileage request but was denied
QR 701 (Mar 16, 2018): DOH to JFK (D Booking Class) - Not posted, submitted a missing mileage request but was denied

Other then boarding pass and confirmation of booking; I've obtained a certification of boarding from QR stating that I've flown these sectors in the above booking class. Would there be any additional stuff I would need to submit?
You may want to call AA, and HUCA until an agent verifies that the tickets are valid for mileage and does a new request. It worked for me with a couple of CX codeshared flights with LA. I was denied the mileage initially too.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
How Long for RJ Flights to Credit to AAdvantage

I could not find a consolidated thread on this topic, so forgive me if there is one I missed.

I flew RJ CAI-AMM-ORD a few days ago and the flights have not credited to my AA account yet. I was curious if anyone knew how long RJ flights usually take to reflect in AAdvantage accounts.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
Hawaiian Airline posting to American Airlines Miles: No of Days?

How many days does it normally take? I have some miles expiring on my daughter's account and just wanted to know if I should buy some to renew the expiration date.
K class economy ticket.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:31 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I couldn't do olci for a jfk-lhr-zrh tin 17 aug-18 aug; a ta at jfk sorted things and i got to zrh, but NO miles have (yet) posted, my return is still listed on aa.com. I'm fearful that if an outbound does not post, they might cancel the return = pax didn't fly Outbound.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by nrr
I couldn't do olci for a jfk-lhr-zrh tin 17 aug-18 aug; a ta at jfk sorted things and i got to zrh, but NO miles have (yet) posted, my return is still listed on aa.com. I'm fearful that if an outbound does not post, they might cancel the return = pax didn't fly Outbound.
Completely not the case. As long as your return flights are still listed under the reservation at aa.com then you're fine, of course AA hasn't cancelled that portion of your itinerary just because of a delay in the miles posting!

An Aug. 17 departure is only 3 days ago, give it time to post, but if it hasn't in the 2 week waiting period that AA suggests then just file a missing miles claim like usual.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
How Long for Miles to Post to AA for AS Flight?

Anyone have any experience earning AA miles for AS flights and can tell me about how long it takes for those miles to post on my AAdvantage account?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
This is the question for the AA board, not AS.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
This is the question for the AA board, not AS.
I don't believe so. AS initiates the transfer so plays the major part.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I don't believe so. AS initiates the transfer so plays the major part.
This board is dedicated to AS and its frequent flyer program; few, if any, people who frequent it are going to be able to tell you how quickly flights will credit to AA because we're not crediting to them.
icelandman2 and PABE like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:26 pm

The moderator can remove the post if he deems it irrelevant to anyone flying on AS.

Last edited by dayone; Mar 14, 2019 at 6:33 pm Reason: Redact personal comment.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:34 pm

How Long for Miles Earned on AS Flight To Be Credited To My AAdvantage Account?

Can anyone give me some idea as to about how long it takes for miles earned on an AS flight to be credited to my AAdvantage account? And do I contact AS or AA if the miles don't show up?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the answers you seek are here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...a-airlines.jsp

Summary: If it wasn't an AA marketed flight, you will be waiting a while (since you don't earn AA miles). Otherwise, after 30 days, fill out the form online.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 15, 2019 at 1:55 am Reason: Activate dead link
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
One data point - miles from my March AA LAX-EZE flight were posted by AS within a week.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
14 days - at least as of 3 months ago
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Like AA, AS has been having a bit of a meltdown lately, so YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.