Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Main Cabin Extra to be extended to US aircraft [in long run]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Main Cabin Extra to be extended to US aircraft [in long run]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
No decision has been made. Supposedly, Parker is not all that keen on MCE, however, given its two major competitors have a form of E+ he might feel compelled to remain competitive. Time will tell. I would assume the decision will be made towards the end of this year.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
No decision has been made. Supposedly, Parker is not all that keen on MCE, however, given its two major competitors have a form of E+ he might feel compelled to remain competitive. Time will tell. I would assume the decision will be made towards the end of this year.
Don't the new US Airbus deliveries now have the AA seats with MCE?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP: When hell freezes over?

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Don't the new US Airbus deliveries now have the AA seats with MCE?
No, the new deliveries of US A321s do not feature MCE. AA's new A321s do feature MCE (as do all mainline AA planes except for the 772s).

Parker's announcement of $2 billion of fleet investments (which included an awful lot of pre-merger AA commitments) did say that the pmUS A319s would get new interiors, IFE and MCE. So far, that's the sole announcement of MCE on US mainline metal.

He's certainly taking his time in deciding. Meanwhile, unit revenue growth at AA has slowed (and unit revenue may have contracted in the first quarter) while unit revenue growth has been accelerating at UA. Cheap out on the meals on Sept 1 and delay implementing MCE, and watch the main competitor increase its unit revenue. He's certainly a brilliant CEO.

All recent E175 deliveries (as opposed to pmUS Express E175s) feature MCE, and I believe that all recent CRJ900 deliveries also feature MCE.

Maybe Parker needs to wait for the off-season to reconfigure the fleet - and the off-season is almost over, so maybe they'll start in October. Of 2020.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I can't imagine that they'd put it in much before they cut over the reservation system for the pmUS flights. Why bother configuring everything to have MCE pricing and rules for freebies, wait out the summer and start the reconfiguration just before you cut over and let the AA res system handle most of it.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I can't imagine that they'd put it in much before they cut over the reservation system for the pmUS flights. Why bother configuring everything to have MCE pricing and rules for freebies, wait out the summer and start the reconfiguration just before you cut over and let the AA res system handle most of it.
US already charges for "Choice" seats, which are in the MCE cabin location, between F and the first exit row, "preferred" exit row seats are reserved for elites. In other words, the US reservation system already appears configured, capable of handling MCE.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/choiceseats.html
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/...seatsfaqs.html
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I hope Choice Seats go away in favor of MCE! Not a fan of Choice Seats, especially in light of the fact that even elites (CP/EXP) have to pay for them. I'm not an elite member, but I really think it's ridiculous that US charges even their top-tier elites for those seats.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Sadly its going to be a pain once fleet integration starts up. If you select a flight based on PMAA w/ MCE and equipment changes to PMUS you will be in for a rude awakening. Same for international the switches from PMUS to PMAA metal losing lie flat J
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
They can start calling the exit and bulkhead rows MCE.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
US already charges for "Choice" seats, which are in the MCE cabin location, between F and the first exit row, "preferred" exit row seats are reserved for elites. In other words, the US reservation system already appears configured, capable of handling MCE.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/choiceseats.html
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/...seatsfaqs.html
Do choice seats have extra legrooms and other perks from MCE? If not, that's false advertising.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Do choice seats have extra legrooms and other perks from MCE? If not, that's false advertising.
Not false advertising, they are quite clear what Choice seats are
Be among the first to board (with Zone 2) and among the first to leave when you land. ChoiceSeats are mostly window and aisle seats toward the front of Coach and may include exit row seats.* You'll find the same leg room as other seats, but you'll be closer to the front of the plane.

Source link
AA does a similar thing with Preferred seats (i.e. standard seats toward the front of the plane). The only difference is that AA gives Preferred seats to elites for free and only charges non-elites. US charges everyone for Choice seats.

But there is no false advertising. Just marketing.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
It was already announced that the US 319 fleet will be getting retrofitted to have MCE seating, as well as AVOD. However, I doubt that it would begin before the end of August.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by CDKing
Sadly its going to be a pain once fleet integration starts up. If you select a flight based on PMAA w/ MCE and equipment changes to PMUS you will be in for a rude awakening. Same for international the switches from PMUS to PMAA metal losing lie flat J
We're a ways off before that happens. We have to get to mixed flight crews first before that can occur. Otherwise, you'll have to find a pmUS flight crew to cover that pmUS bird. However, a schedule change in advance is an entirely different matter.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Fanjet
It was already announced that the US 319 fleet will be getting retrofitted to have MCE seating, as well as AVOD. However, I doubt that it would begin before the end of August.
Unless you're aware of some internal info, the only thing that's been made public is that the US 319s will have MCE and in seat power. No AVOD, though I'd love to see that happen.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Its been stated more than once that the cabin interiors including seating options will be standardized but that it won't be immediate. So yes the US planes will be getting MCE but it will take a while.

Its not different than the UA/CO merger and it taking a few years for the CO planes to get E+. Even now there are still some CO planes without E+
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:48 pm

If the "Choice Seats" offered by US Airways do not come with the same features as AA's MCE, and AA/US is advertising the seats as MCE, then that's false advertising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.