FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1545863-airbus-a321-legacy-us-airways-a321-200-master-thread.html)

JDiver Aug 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread

https://cdn.seatguru.com/en_US/img/5...us_A321_V3.jpg
LUS A321 "321" seat chart (c/o Seatguru)

cali-gal Jan 26, 2016 6:51 pm

Question Re: A321 MCE Seats (LAX-CLT)

I apologize if this has been asked, but I looked for this throughout all the A321 threads that came up on my search, and didn't find the answer.

I'm flying on 3/13, flight 725 LAX-CLT on an A321, is that the A321T? I'd like to be in the MCE seats, which AA.com is showing are rows 5, 9,10, 22, and 23, with row 5 the bulkhead row and the others exit rows. There are seats available in each row, so which seat(s) and row(s) are best?

The other A321T MCE seats that I've seen mentioned on FT were rows 11-16 being MCE, so it's confusing to me that the MCE rows are different.

Any help would be very appreciated, and if this belongs in another thread, please feel free to move it.

ACA321 Jan 26, 2016 6:56 pm

If the bulkhead row is numbered 5, you are on an LUS A321. I've never found row 5 to be too bad, although it's been a while since I've sat there. If you really want legroom take 10A, 10C, or 23F. Probably the best coach seats on that plane.

FWIW, I don't believe AA is flying the newer A321s on LUS routes yet. So, all you'll find on LAX-CLT is ex-US metal for the time being.

ty97 Jan 26, 2016 7:52 pm

This is definitely a pmUS 321, not a 321T. pmUS 321s never had MCE specifically installed, but AA has started coded all exit and bulkhead seats as MCE.

The bulkhead (Row 5) is, I believe, a hard bulkhead that may restrict leg movement.

10F, 23A, and 23F each of a lot of legroom due to the lack of a seat in front of them. I believe 10A/B/C have a lot of legroom too, but our pmUS folks will need to confirm as I have somewhat limited pmUS 321 experience. I believe 22 B/C/D/E also have some extra legroom, but again need confirmation.

ETA: seatguru (I can't vouch for accuracy) indicates the Row 22 seats are quite a bit narrower.

michaelpop Jan 26, 2016 7:56 pm

I fly this route a lot and it's still LUS planes with no MCE. Exit row 10 is probably the way to go here if you're looking for legroom.

ty97 Jan 26, 2016 8:01 pm

And if I am not mistaken, this in 10A/B/C (on the right) in this picture

la2clt Jan 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Question Re: A321 MCE Seats (LAX-CLT)

And you do NOT want 10D or E. They are exit row but standard pitch. 10F is ok too.

formeraa Jan 26, 2016 8:13 pm

And be aware of row 10A/B/C. The tray tables are in the armrest, so the seat is narrower (except for the left side of 10A). So, if you are of passenger of width, you want to avoid 10B and 10C. ;) The legroom in those seats is excellent, though some aircraft have a wall there and others do not (in both cases the legroom is excellent).

cali-gal Jan 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Thanks for the help. Now it makes sense about the location of the MCE seats-- I wasn't taking the merger into consideration and the use of LUS metal since I rarely fly AA. I may try the 10th row-- I'm not a person of size, either vertical or horizontal :)

It's disappointing that this flight doesn't use the newer planes-- I was looking forward to seeing how they stacked up against other metal I've experienced.

G-CIVC Jan 27, 2016 7:46 pm

I am what you call a slim fit asian dude but I felt 10A was horrible for a midcon redeye I took last night. But then I looked at the seat map, and that was apparently the best I could get... :(

Maybe it's worth forking 3 stickers just for the 'better' F seat next time...

Ali Yusufaly Mar 12, 2016 5:36 pm

CLT - LAX on AA Airbus A321 First Class

Hello. I am looking at taking a flight from CLT to LAX on the Airbus A321 with AA. Seat guru is showing this flight as being a 3 class TransCon plane but when I go to book the flight, AA shows it as a two class. First class on the three class flight has lie flat seats while the 2 class has standard domestic first class seats. Are there any flights from CLT to LAX that offer a 3 class config or is Seat Guru completely wrong?

ACA321 Mar 12, 2016 5:41 pm

There are no 3-class A321s operating on any route to/from CLT. They only show up regularly on JFK-LAX/SFO.

However, I booked a flight from CLT-LAX-CLT in June, and noticed that one mid-day departure form CLT is scheduled on an LAA A321B in the 24XX flight number range (aircraft has sharklets with power and AVOD, and Y begins in row 8). This has always been an LUS route utilizing LUS Airbus equipment, so this is a nice change. There are some rows of MCE on that plane, so it could be that Seat Guru is counting that toward some 3-class availability. In any case, Seat Guru is not known for reliable information so it most likely is a mistake - and no true 3-class planes operate on CLT-LAX.

michaelpop Mar 12, 2016 5:54 pm

ACA321 nailed it. That route is on LUS equipment so don't expect power, IFE, MCE, etc.

However, your odds of getting a PDB in F from LUS crew is better.

FWAAA Mar 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ali Yusufaly (Post 26324214)
Hello. I am looking at taking a flight from CLT to LAX on the Airbus A321 with AA. Seat guru is showing this flight as being a 3 class TransCon plane but when I go to book the flight, AA shows it as a two class. First class on the three class flight has lie flat seats while the 2 class has standard domestic first class seats. Are there any flights from CLT to LAX that offer a 3 class config or is Seat Guru completely wrong?

SeatGuru is almost always completely wrong, and is completely wrong in this instance. I doubt that CLT will ever see 3-class lie-flat service to LAX/SFO. Can't even fathom why you'd believe a third-party site when aa.com correctly conveyed reality - that the flight was on an ordinary 2-class A321. ;)

sukn Mar 12, 2016 9:49 pm

It's a hideous ride. Enjoy!