FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1545863-airbus-a321-legacy-us-airways-a321-200-master-thread.html)

3Cforme May 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 26698145)
I thought that UA has wifi that allows you to stream movies and shows on your own device, or am I wrong?

Some UA aircraft do, and some don't. Most of those where one would want it - the infamous 'dark 737s' do not.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...737-fleet.html

mlm Jun 28, 2016 5:37 pm

Anyone flown A321 PHL to LAX in Biz Class?

Trying to find out the scoop on AA's A321 from PHL to LAX in Business Class.
How the IFE ? Are the individual seat back screens a decent size ?
Thank you.

wrp96 Jun 28, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm pretty sure the aircraft from PHL-LAX is ex-US and thus won't have any IFE at all.

mlm Jun 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 26844648)
I'm pretty sure the aircraft from PHL-LAX is ex-US and thus won't have any IFE at all.

EEEK....please tell me this can't be !! Seriously, Biz Class in 2016 on a coast to coast flight ??? I called AA and they're saying IFE, lay flat seats, blah blah blah.

Anyone know from recent personal experience?

wrp96 Jun 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by mlm (Post 26845225)
EEEK....please tell me this can't be !! Seriously, Biz Class in 2016 on a coast to coast flight ??? I called AA and they're saying IFE, lay flat seats, blah blah blah.

AA has multiple versions of the A321. You only regularly find the lay flat seats on the premium routes of JFK-LAX/SFO (and some LAX-MIA flights). PHL-LAX is just regular domestic first class - unless there is a one off substitution.

FWAAA Jun 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 26844648)

Agreed. Notta chance that PHL-LAX will be an IFE-equipped LAA A321. Just a plane old LUS A321 with 16 ordinary tight-pitch first class seats, no IFE and no in-seat power.

Originally Posted by mlm (Post 26845225)

Whomever you talked to at AA was woefully ignorant (and stupid, to boot). AA's agents have drunk deeply from the stupid well since the merger.

Want lie-flat seats? Fly JFK-LAX/SFO.

FlightNurse Jun 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by mlm (Post 26844619)
Trying to find out the scoop on AA's A321 from PHL to LAX in Business Class.
How the IFE ? Are the individual seat back screens a decent size ?
Thank you.

Domestic FC.

nova08 Jun 29, 2016 6:19 am

Don't the LUS 321's have wifi?

ACA321 Jun 29, 2016 7:54 am

Originally Posted by nova08 (Post 26846825)
Don't the LUS 321's have wifi?

Yes.

By the way, just flew on an older build A321 (N187US), and noticed that the seats had new covers in F. The cabin smelled new like the rebuilt A319s, although the seats themselves were clearly not new- same old armrests and worn tray tables. The bulkheads were still in US colors, but the cabin did have somewhat of a fresher feel, especially with the smell of new pleather...

Didn't make it back to Y class to see if new seat covers were installed back there or not.

YtravelF Jun 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA (Post 26845752)
AA's agents have drunk deeply from the stupid well since the merger.

Hilarious and spot on!

mlm Jun 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 26845251)
AA has multiple versions of the A321. You only regularly find the lay flat seats on the premium routes of JFK-LAX/SFO (and some LAX-MIA flights). PHL-LAX is just regular domestic first class - unless there is a one off substitution.

Thank you. So does this regular domestic first class still have some type of entertainment, maybe the movie screen that hangs from the ceiling? Adding...seatguru has it all incorrect as well, including all the reviews listed. Apparently the reviews shown are ones who flew the JFK-LAX/SFO route ! Grrrrr.

wrp96 Jun 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by mlm (Post 26848897)
Thank you. So does this regular domestic first class still have some type of entertainment, maybe the movie screen that hangs from the ceiling?

This is a former US plane. US removed all inflight entertainment equipement from it's domestic planes long ago, and nothing has been done to change that. It should have Wifi but that's it.

nova08 Jun 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 26848910)
This is a former US plane. US removed all inflight entertainment equipement from it's domestic planes long ago, and nothing has been done to change that. It should have Wifi but that's it.

Not to nit pick but I consider wifi to be IFE and see a difference between an aircraft with wifi and a dark aircraft with nothing (no seatback tv's, no wifi, no outlets...truly nothing)

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jun 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Some of the LAA routes are starting to be flown by LUS 321s. Its always interesting to see F paxs start to ask what happened to the IFE.

cmd320 Jun 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 26849619)
Some of the LAA routes are starting to be flown by LUS 321s. Its always interesting to see F paxs start to ask what happened to the IFE.

Yeah, these planes are pretty ghetto. Honestly there are two good seats on the entire plane, and neither of them are in F. The only seat I'll personally sit in on the US A321 is 10A.