FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1545863-airbus-a321-legacy-us-airways-a321-200-master-thread.html)

JustineG Sep 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by leighjohnwi (Post 31516447)
10F will have the crew seat in front of you, blocking use of underseat storage in front of you. It's also going to be occupied by a crew member staring right back at you during takeoffs and landings. Again, I prefer my recommendation for the ample storage, easy luggage stowing, immediate aisle access and a window seat to sleep on, and you're very close to the mid-section lav. Hope you're able to get some sleep!

Thank you. Switched my seat due to your suggestion :)

COEWR2587 Sep 26, 2019 5:23 am

Row 9/22 A321

Newbie to AA. Can anyone insight if the 2 seaters on the US air legacy 321 recline. Wondering if good pick for wife and I. Like the 2 seater but don’t want a non recliner seat.

AAir_head Sep 26, 2019 7:36 am

Originally Posted by COEWR2587 (Post 31565228)
Newbie to AA. Can anyone insight if the 2 seaters on the US air legacy 321 recline. Wondering if good pick for wife and I. Like the 2 seater but don’t want a non recliner seat.

My experience with row 9 seats is not recent (within the past 9 months or so, anyway), but I'm pretty sure 9D/E have a very limited recline (about 1/3 to 1/2 the usual). They're okay for anything under 2-3 hours. Beware the arm rests are solid, so the seat will be a bit tight if that's a consideration for you/your wife. There's a ton of leg room, so the lack of recline is not too much of an issue; you can stuff a pillow/blanket/rolled up jacket behind your back and kick your feet forward if need be.

Can't speak to row 22 at all, but note they are immediately aft of the mid-cabin lavatory--not ideal.

SeatGuru is a generally good reference and includes reviews; here's the link for that configuration: AA A321 Layout 2

cheers!

FlyinMike Sep 26, 2019 7:55 am

They are also narrower by at least an inch than the other coach seats. Horrible seats if you are wide at the shoulders, in the middle, or both (like me)

redtop43 Sep 26, 2019 9:02 am

I completely agree about Row 22. I usually book 23F, and you can even clearly see that the right edge of 22E is not flush with the right edge of 23E. I booked it once and found it very unpleasant. Admittedly I'm usually on 4-5 hour flights.

pa3lsvt Sep 26, 2019 12:32 pm

I agree with the caution on row 22, and I fly these pretty regularly - especially when I'm going transcon (PHL-PHX in particular).

23F is the best coach seat in AA's fleet in my opinion. I've booked 22D or E in the past when 23F was already taken, and they aren't great. Legroom is basically infinite but recline is poor and the hard armrests narrow the seat significantly. I wouldn't have an issue if you know your seatmate, but if not expect to rub shoulders the whole flight with a stranger.

Then there is the proximity to the lav, especially with 22D. you get a lot of butt in your face while pax queue at the lav, and a lot of smelly door openings about two feet from your seat.

Those seats are way behind 23F and 10A/C/B in my book, and even possibly a standard coach seat because of the irregularities with row 22. I definitely would NEVER pay for MCE to get row 22 (not that I have to as a Plat, but I wanted to throw that in there).

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Sep 26, 2019 2:33 pm

For a party of 2 yes row 22 if row 9 is not available on the LUS321. But not only butt in your face but on an evening flight the constant flashing of light as the door opens and closes.

SpammersAreScum Oct 5, 2019 12:27 pm

I have a trip with the outbound tomorrow and the return BOS-PHL-TPA (both 321s); on Oct 22; I'd managed to snag 23F on both.

So I just tried online checkin and discovered that all my seats had changed! I actually had no assignment on the outbound.

I was able to reclaim my outbound 319 bulkhead preference and amazingly 23F was still open BOS-PHL. No such luck on PHL-TPA -- they'd moved me to 10A (with no-one in 10B) so I decided to stay with that.

I've got certs to burn so upgrade requests are in for all, so this might be moot. Or maybe lucky Mr/Ms 23F will get an upgrade.

iadisgreat Oct 6, 2019 8:45 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 31596695)
I have a trip with the outbound tomorrow and the return BOS-PHL-TPA (both 321s); on Oct 22; I'd managed to snag 23F on both.

So I just tried online checkin and discovered that all my seats had changed! I actually had no assignment on the outbound.

I was able to reclaim my outbound 319 bulkhead preference and amazingly 23F was still open BOS-PHL. No such luck on PHL-TPA -- they'd moved me to 10A (with no-one in 10B) so I decided to stay with that.

I've got certs to burn so upgrade requests are in for all, so this might be moot. Or maybe lucky Mr/Ms 23F will get an upgrade.

I'd stick with 10A, the only issue there is the overhead bin space, but the seat has the same legroom.

Srq2112 Oct 26, 2019 9:38 am

Originally Posted by iadisgreat (Post 26559613)
You're in F which is always better than MC or MCE in my opinion because you can at least have a few cocktails or as much Coke as you want. :)

Anyone have thoughts as to the best F seats on this plane?
Bulkhead seems appealing, however then I need to worry about the carry-ons (rollerboard and briefcase). The risk of a non-BH seat then being the broken seat back in front of you ending up practically in your lap (which I experienced last week). Just curious as to others’ experiences... Thanks

gateH15 Oct 26, 2019 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Srq2112 (Post 31668388)
Anyone have thoughts as to the best F seats on this plane?
Bulkhead seems appealing, however then I need to worry about the carry-ons (rollerboard and briefcase). The risk of a non-BH seat then being the broken seat back in front of you ending up practically in your lap (which I experienced last week). Just curious as to others’ experiences... Thanks

You can’t really stretch your legs if you are tall. I wouldn’t personally select it. Plus you are too close to the galley and of you plan on sleeping it might be difficult. The best seat on LUS a321 in 10ABC edit row. Unlimited legroom and it still comes with free drinks

FlightNurse Oct 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 31515196)
Yep and no power plorts. I just can't wait for some studio executive/A list talent to settle into an F seat (very prevalent on this route) and not see any power port. AA just started to put the LUS321 on this route.

I've never had a problem with my battery, it's called a back up, they are cheap and last the whole flight.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Oct 27, 2019 11:20 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 31669900)
I've never had a problem with my battery, it's called a back up, they are cheap and last the whole flight.

And in 2019 not everyone carries a battery as presumably power ports are (almost) everywhere.

SpammersAreScum Oct 29, 2019 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 31596695)

Originally Posted by iadisgreat (Post 31598583)
I'd stick with 10A, the only issue there is the overhead bin space, but the seat has the same legroom.

In the end, I didn't get a chance to switch, and as you say the leg room in 10A is similarly huge.. Being in Group 3, I was able to snag bin space.

redtop43 Oct 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Regarding F, I tend toward 1C or 1D, although it is a bit annoying to have to put my "underseat" bag overhead.

Regarding Y, one other nice thing about 23F is that it's much easier to get to the aisle. You don't climb over the pax in 23 D/E, you go forward and past 22 D/E, who have enough legroom that they barely have to pull in their feet. And 23F has underseat storage under 21F (not true of 23A because of the crew jumpseat). 23F, interestingly, is not MCE but "preferred." So you can't buy it, but it's free for all elites. You don't get free drinks like MCE does, but I rarely drink liquor anyway.