FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   US Airways Ticket says AAGold but I am Plat. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1544530-us-airways-ticket-says-aagold-but-i-am-plat.html)

NathanL104 Jan 23, 14 8:25 am

US Airways Ticket says AAGold but I am Plat.
 
I've flown us airways twice since the merger completed, and both times my boarding pass has listed me as AAGold. I received platinum status in December 2013 and my AA Account clearly has me listed as a Platinum member.

I haven't noticed any difference in benfits on US Airways, and no miles have posted yet so I can't see if I got the 25 or 100% bonus.

Anyone else have this issue? I'd like to have it resolved because I need those checked bags benefits in April!

Microwave Jan 23, 14 8:56 am

You sure they haven't just equated AA Platinum (50k/year qualification) to US Gold (50k/year qualification)? I've not seen a boarding pass and I haven't got any idea how the backend systems work, but that was my first thought since the levels roughly equate...

NathanL104 Jan 23, 14 9:05 am

Could be! That's a good theory.

dtremit Jan 23, 14 11:52 am

For an AA elite, there's very little practical difference between the two -- many of the US Gold benefits (award ticketing fee waivers, *A status, or upgrade priority) don't apply to AA elites at this point anyway. And I am pretty sure AA is doing the bonus mile calculation, not US.

So far as I can tell, the only real difference you'd see would be with baggage -- technically a US Silver (=AA Gold) shouldn't get a priority tag, and only one bag would be free. So if you checked a bag, did it get priority tagged?

Ready2Go Jan 23, 14 12:59 pm


Originally Posted by Microwave (Post 22207303)
You sure they haven't just equated AA Platinum (50k/year qualification) to US Gold (50k/year qualification)? I've not seen a boarding pass and I haven't got any idea how the backend systems work, but that was my first thought since the levels roughly equate...

Doubt it. I've flown US twice this month, and my boarding passes say "AA EXECPLAT."

aBroadAbroad Jan 23, 14 3:10 pm

Did you purchase your tix before reaching plat?

Husband flew cathay a few weeks ago and BP read OW ruby instead of sapphire even though aa.com definitely had him listed as plat. Didn't really matter since he was in biz, but did think it was a bit odd. Just assumed it was because he hadn't reached plat until after the ticket was originally purchased.

Neither of us has flown any partner flights since then, so not sure if it's been corrected... perhaps it's an AA communication glitch?

CaptainEasychord Jan 23, 14 8:43 pm

I'm PLT and just got my US boarding pass with "AA PLATINUM".

wandertheglobe Jan 24, 14 1:57 am


Originally Posted by CaptainEasychord (Post 22211392)
I'm PLT and just got my US boarding pass with "AA PLATINUM".

Did you have to do anything to set that up at US Air? I'm in a similar situation, I'm Plat w/AA but no status w/ US Air although I do have an account there. I just booked at flight w/US Air and called them to "improve" my seat assignment. The agent (who was very good) didn't have my AA account info. I gave him my # and once he added it he had all of my info. I did book the flight using my US Air number however.

NathanL104 Jan 24, 14 7:03 am

I purchased the tickets after becoming a Plat. member. Okay, well I'll have to call and straighten it out--it doesn't matter right now because I never check bags, but I have a big trip coming up in April and I'd like to check 3 bags for each person on my reservation.

CaptainEasychord Jan 24, 14 10:48 am


Originally Posted by wandertheglobe (Post 22212561)
Did you have to do anything to set that up at US Air?

I also originally booked it with my no-status US number. All I did was call US to enter my AA number after Jan. 7, but they didn't do anything else for me. I was able to pick exit seats online after they made that change.

goldstj2 Jan 24, 14 11:12 am

US flight today, same situation as NathanL104. I wonder if AA is occasionally batching member information over to US, and it's still reflecting the AA Gold status I held until late December 2013 when I made AA Plat.

aamilesslave Jan 24, 14 12:37 pm

I bet there is some sort of batch update lag. My US BPs show AAdvantage Platinum status.

Ready2Go Jan 24, 14 1:06 pm


Originally Posted by NathanL104 (Post 22213306)
I purchased the tickets after becoming a Plat. member. Okay, well I'll have to call and straighten it out--it doesn't matter right now because I never check bags, but I have a big trip coming up in April and I'd like to check 3 bags for each person on my reservation.

As per your original post, you'll still want to get your correct elite status bonus.

goldstj2 Jan 30, 14 1:57 pm


Originally Posted by goldstj2 (Post 22214621)
US flight today, same situation as NathanL104. I wonder if AA is occasionally batching member information over to US, and it's still reflecting the AA Gold status I held until late December 2013 when I made AA Plat.

When the flights posted on AA (after 5 days), it posted with the correct Platinum bonus, not a Gold bonus.

My boarding pass for tomorrow says AA Gold

jmanirish Jan 30, 14 2:43 pm


Originally Posted by goldstj2 (Post 22253943)
When the flights posted on AA (after 5 days), it posted with the correct Platinum bonus, not a Gold bonus.

My boarding pass for tomorrow says AA Gold

When did you purchase these tickets and what elite level were you at the time? If I recall I had a similar situation just with AA alone where my reservation showed my elite status when I made the booking, and not what I currently was at. Took a quick call to AA to have them "refresh" this (I think they might have just unattached my FF# and then reattach it). Was quick/painless.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:14 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.