Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

US Airways Ticket says AAGold but I am Plat.

US Airways Ticket says AAGold but I am Plat.

Old Jan 31, 14, 6:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by CaptainEasychord View Post
I'm PLT and just got my US boarding pass with "AA PLATINUM".
+2
Old Jan 31, 14, 7:18 am

I'm AA Plat and am flying US in two weeks - did your pre-check also automatically show up on your US tickets, or did you have to call someone?
Old Feb 2, 14, 7:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Originally Posted by CaptainEasychord View Post
I'm PLT and just got my US boarding pass with "AA PLATINUM".
Which boarding zone does it show?

My passbook US BP for exit row show AA Platinum but it show Zone 1 boarding. Zone 1 doesn't seem to be preferred.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/checkin/airportcheckin/boarding_process.html
Old Feb 2, 14, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Listen for the announcements. The US BP only lists numbers for zones, so anything that would be preferred access is zone 1. This includes First Class, DM Elites, Star Elites, AA Elites, etc. All will say Zone 1.

The most usual process in the last week is pre-board special needs, invite to board all First Class, followed three seconds later by calling all Uniformed Military, US CP, AA ExPlat, followed almost immediately by the rest of the elites, then the zones.
Old Feb 2, 14, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave View Post
You sure they haven't just equated AA Platinum (50k/year qualification) to US Gold (50k/year qualification)? I've not seen a boarding pass and I haven't got any idea how the backend systems work, but that was my first thought since the levels roughly equate...
This is it. Right now top tier US fliers are shown as Emerald, when there is no *A Emerald.
Old Feb 2, 14, 1:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Originally Posted by Flyer78 View Post
Listen for the announcements. The US BP only lists numbers for zones, so anything that would be preferred access is zone 1. This includes First Class, DM Elites, Star Elites, AA Elites, etc. All will say Zone 1.

The most usual process in the last week is pre-board special needs, invite to board all First Class, followed three seconds later by calling all Uniformed Military, US CP, AA ExPlat, followed almost immediately by the rest of the elites, then the zones.
Thanks. I missed pre-boarding today. Got to gate 35 minutes prior to departure for LGA-CTL and they were already boarding zone 3! I rarely see boarding start so early.
Old Feb 2, 14, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Wow, that is a bit aggressive. I have seen earlier boarding for wide-body flights domestically, but usually they can't get to Zone 3 until 75% of the plane is boarded...
Old Feb 2, 14, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold, UA LT 1K, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I have pre-merger US ticket and waited until after the merger benefits kicked in (after Jan 17th) before changing the FF number from US # (no status) to AA # (EXP). However, it still shows in the reservation that 1st bag is $25. But putting in my EXP # did allow me to move to preferred seats for no charge.

On US flight earlier in January I used my UA 1K number and the reservation showed no baggage fee. I don't expect to pay baggage, likely something that still needs fixed in the US site.
Old Mar 25, 14, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Update

Just an update on this. I flew on Sunday PWM to PHL on a US Airways award ticket. I am AA Platinum but my ticket STILL says AA Gold. I don't ever check bags so I don't care about this right now, but I have a trip coming up where I really need the 3 free checked bags.

I will have to call and sort it out, but I hate the hold times...
Old Mar 25, 14, 7:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by NathanL104 View Post
Just an update on this. I flew on Sunday PWM to PHL on a US Airways award ticket. I am AA Platinum but my ticket STILL says AA Gold. I don't ever check bags so I don't care about this right now, but I have a trip coming up where I really need the 3 free checked bags.

I will have to call and sort it out, but I hate the hold times...
Weird. Maybe they have to remove your AA# and readd it. I just flew Sunday and my platinum status shows on USAir and it included TSA Pre.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: