Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I'm looking to book award travel at the 330 day mark.

Can I place the first segment on hold when the booking windows opens and then call back to add the second segment when its booking window opens? Let's say segment 1 is ORD-NRT and segment 2 is NRT-ICN.

Thanks,
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:33 am

Yes if it’s left on hold and not ticketed.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm wondering if the following is possible. Book an AA partner award for NY- Tokyo in JAL in F (have stopover in tokyo) then continue on with CX in F to hong kong and make another connection to Chengdu in mainland china? All in one booking for 110k one way?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Red259
I'm wondering if the following is possible. Book an AA partner award for NY- Tokyo in JAL in F (have stopover in Tokyo) then continue on with CX in F to Hong Kong and make another connection to Chengdu in mainland china? All in one booking for 110k one way?
AA awards do not allow stopovers(+23:59).
Been several years since stopovers on awards were allowed
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by Red259
I'm wondering if the following is possible. Book an AA partner award for NY- Tokyo in JAL in F (have stopover in tokyo) then continue on with CX in F to hong kong and make another connection to Chengdu in mainland china? All in one booking for 110k one way?
It apparently prices as 1 ticket in Bus, so it should be 1 award in first, as long as you take the last leg in Bus.
But as Mwenenzi says, only <24hrs at either connection point.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:34 am

Spoiler

Sorry wrong thred

Last edited by mak101; Jul 24, 2018 at 10:20 am
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was able to get PDX-SEA-JFK-MAD-PMI in business issued for 57.5k miles this morning. First teo segments are AS, 3rd one is AA and final one is IB.

I was skeptical because i couldnt find an AA fare that allowed travel on AS enroute to PMI from PDX.

It took the agent a long time to pull it all together and get it through, but it worked as a single award in the end.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:12 pm

Is BOM-HKG-ORD valid route with CX?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by mak101
Is BOM-HKG-ORD valid route with CX?
With CX?....yes, of course.
If you mean would it be 1 AAward....yes.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LukeO9
With CX?....yes, of course.
If you mean would it be 1 AAward....yes.
Is BA is the best place to find availability or any other option?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by mak101
Is BA is the best place to find availability or any other option?
BA and QF used to show phantom availability before the asia miles changes. No idea if that’s changed or not now. The Japan Airlines tool is much more accurate, but is difficult to use. You can search for availability on BA and once you have a specific flight in mind, confirm it on JAL.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Question about adding segment to partner award on hold

We are trying to fly HKG-SYD-CHC and have HKG-SYD on hold (QF in first). At the time we found the first award space, SYD-CHC was not available.

HKG-SYD-CHC is now available as an economy award, all on QF. SYD-CHC is not available separately due to married segment logic. We'd like to add the SYD-CHC leg in economy to the existing award in HKG-SYD first. AA says they can't do that without dropping the existing first award to economy.

That surprises me, given the large number of mixed cabin awards we're used to seeing when searching. It also seems like the sort of change / addition the long hold times were designed to partly allow. However, I'm relatively new to partner award redemptions, so I could easily be misunderstanding a rule that prevents this.

Based on others' experiences, is this a:
  • HUCA (and again) situation?
  • Give up and pursue a different approach situation?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can have a mix of 1st and economy on an award

If there isn't availability for the agent to just add a SYD-CHC sector to the existing booking, it will be necessary to try cancelling the hold and trying again for HKG-CHC and see whether it shows availale for Z HKG-SYD and X for SYD-CHC

This is a risk since the QF award inventory may or may not return if you cancel it. Given that the base fare for lowest SYD-CHC is USD137 on QF , I wouldn't take the risk and would be inclined to book it separately

no real harm trying once more and seeing if another agent has more success at finding the space
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Otp-lhr-auh-mle

I’m trying to get from OTP (Bucharest, Romania) to MLE in EY F.

Would a routing via LHR (on BA Y/J) and AUH (F from LHR-AUH, J AUH-MLE) be permitted?

Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by absoluy
I’m trying to get from OTP (Bucharest, Romania) to MLE in EY F.

Would a routing via LHR (on BA Y/J) and AUH (F from LHR-AUH, J AUH-MLE) be permitted?
I'd say its doubtful, however if you've found availability on all of the segments then you're wasting time asking here. Call AA and see what it prices out as.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.