Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by E55
Ok, thanks. Not quite as fun, but something like this https://goo.gl/flights/n3ui
SIN-HKG-HND-ITM
?
The routing needs to comply with the permitted routings of a ticket sold by an airline and not be a round asia tour

CX does not fly HND-ITM , so using CX is not likely to work. Would not expect anything other than SIN-HKG-ITM or SIN-BKK-HKG-ITM to work

JL's fare to ITM lists

SIN-CX-BKK-OSA
SIN-MI/MH/CX-KUL/HKG/BKK-OSA
SIN-MI/MH/CX-KUL/HKG/BKK-TYO-NU/JL-OSA
SIN-TYO-NU/JL-OSA
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:05 pm
E55

Makes sense. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by qasr
EY publishes MLE-AUH-JFK as a routing (non-constructed) but since the region changes, AUH is now a third region... so is this a valid routing from Indian subcontinent to North America?

I think it would be for QR since there is an exception, but not EY, right?
To answer my own question, that routing is allowed on EY for 115k in F. (J for MLE-AUH since its a 2 cabin a/c)
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: QF Gold, CX Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Has anyone had any luck using two exceptions to the third region rule (so it essentially goes through 4 regions)?

Specifically, I was looking at SYD-SIN-DOH-LHR. (First on QF, second two on QR).

It passes the Singapore transit exception that exists for awards between Europe and South Pacific and then it also passes the QR-QR transit exception that exists for awards between both Europe and South Pacific and also Europe and Asia 1.

I know its a long shot and I've already tried once with an agent who priced it out as two awards but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rabbits5
Has anyone had any luck using two exceptions to the third region rule (so it essentially goes through 4 regions)?

Specifically, I was looking at SYD-SIN-DOH-LHR. (First on QF, second two on QR).

It passes the Singapore transit exception that exists for awards between Europe and South Pacific and then it also passes the QR-QR transit exception that exists for awards between both Europe and South Pacific and also Europe and Asia 1.

I know its a long shot and I've already tried once with an agent who priced it out as two awards but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the help!

There is no way that you can do that - you can either connect in Asia or connect on QR in Doha or go through via DXB on QF. You cannot do both
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:55 am

Segment limit on awards?

I am on a 6 segment award next week. Although I can travel between the origin and destination in 2 legs, I decided to include 10-23 hour stopovers in a few other cities that I've not visited . The carriers are QR-QR-EK-EK-9W-9W-9W.

My brother tried booking an identical award that also had an additional AA leg at the front end. He was told that there were too many segments. Given the travel date is so close, he elected to drop the 9W legs (AA-QR-QR-EK-EK).

Is there a specific rule on max segments? Could someone in the know post it if available?

(Also asked on a Mileage Run discussion on max segments http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l#post27844928)
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
There is no arbitrary limit to the number of segments you can have on any given award, although many AAgents will mistakenly quote something like this as a reason an itinerary can't be ticketed as a single award.

There is a published fare rule though, which basically says that in order for an itinerary to be valid as a single award the governing/overwater carrier must publish a paid fare that allows that routing. This is usually the culprit in situations like you're asking about.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Tickets are limited to a maximum of sixteen segments per PNR.

Please read the Wikipost at the top of the thread for greater detail on award rules.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:42 pm

Please read the Wikipost at the top of the thread for greater detail on award rules.
@JDiver. I had read the wiki, but I was hoping to see if there was a "memo" which articulated the 16 segment policy.

There is a published fare rule though, which basically says that in order for an itinerary to be valid as a single award the governing/overwater carrier must publish a paid fare that allows that routing. This is usually the culprit in situations like you're asking about.
@JJeffrey, thanks but in my brother's case QR does publish SFO-AMD revenue tix.

There is no arbitrary limit to the number of segments you can have on any given award, although many AAgents will mistakenly quote something like this as a reason an itinerary can't be ticketed as a single award.
I think this may be the rationale given by the agent, but it still does not explain why the award was not able to be booked as requested . Oh well...
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Originally Posted by exgaijin
@JJeffrey, thanks but in my brother's case QR does publish SFO-AMD revenue tix.

I think this may be the rationale given by the agent, but it still does not explain why the award was not able to be booked as requested . Oh well...
Look again. JJeffrey said "that routing", which is not the same as "that pair of endpoints".
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exgaijin
...I think this may be the rationale given by the agent, but it still does not explain why the award was not able to be booked as requested . Oh well...
JJeffrey explained it.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Look again. JJeffrey said "that routing", which is not the same as "that pair of endpoints".
Got it, thanks for pointing that out.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Flying on 2 separate awards (2 PNRs) SFO-LAX(AA)-NRT(JL) and then NRT-SYD(JL)-BNE(QF).
Will I be able to check my luggage all the way to BNE?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paulchili
Flying on 2 separate awards (2 PNRs) SFO-LAX(AA)-NRT(JL) and then NRT-SYD(JL)-BNE(QF).
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ne-2016-a.html
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paulchili
As the link above, AA will not check luggage for the NRT-SYD flight. You will need to pick up land side. You will need a passport/visa to enter Japan. And time to do all that.
OW http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...d-threads.html
AA http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ne-2016-a.html
JL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...rate-pnrs.html
QF http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...xceptions.html

At the first port of entry into Australia you have to clear Au immigration, customs & quarantine with all your checked & carry on luggage (SYD). Then check in for you Au domestic flight. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...nnections.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.