Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:04 am
Suspended

Anyone know if Qatar can be routed ORD-DOH-MLE?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Yes, I have done this many times even on EY A380 flights for 40K. However, EY never offers F to MLE; currently EK is the only carrier that offers F to MLE and on select flights only.
Thanks, do you know whether it is possible to fly e.g. Etihad Airways LHR, FRA or ZRH (787) to Abu Dhabi in First and then onwards Abu Dhabi to Male in Business on the same AAdvantage award?

Last edited by itscooper; Dec 22, 2015 at 1:29 pm
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by itscooper
Yes, I have done this many times even on EY A380 flights for 40K. However, EY never offers F to MLE; currently EK is the only carrier that offers F to MLE and on select flights only.
Thanks, do you know whether it is possible to fly e.g. Etihad Airways LHR, FRA or ZRH (787) to Abu Dhabi in First and then onwards Abu Dhabi to Male in Business on the same AAdvantage award?
Yes, it certainly is. You will not, however, receive any mileage discount for flying AUH-MLE in J.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Yes, it certainly is. You will not, however, receive any mileage discount for flying AUH-MLE in J.
Exactly.

Note that most of the time, EY flies A320s into MLE with regional Business Class seats; though they are aesthetically appealing, they are quite uncomfortable. Sometimes EY sends A330-200s to MLE and these planes have great flat beds in J.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Note that most of the time, EY flies A320s into MLE with regional Business Class seats; though they are aesthetically appealing, they are quite uncomfortable.
I've never found the regional J seats to be uncomfortable, especially on a short 4 hour flight.
It's still way better than any US domestic cabin excluding AA's A321T transcon First.

Some EY A320 pics...
AUH-MLE EY A320 Business Class
AUH-KTM EY A320 Business Class
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:32 am

Thanks for your info. The pictures don't look bad, especially if one gets to fly the new 787 in Etihad First Apartments

One last question: Would American issue an award ticket Phuket to Zurich via Abu Dhabi (HKT-AUH-ZRH) as one award for 70k in F? The stop-over in Abu Dhabi would only be 3h...
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for your info. The pictures don't look bad, especially if one gets to fly the new 787 in Etihad First Apartments

One last question: Would American issue an award ticket Phuket to Zurich via Abu Dhabi (HKT-AUH-ZRH) as one award for 70k in F? The stop-over in Abu Dhabi would only be 3h...
Thailand is in Asia and travelling via the middle east on EY is not a permitted routing for a single award
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:43 am

They're First Suites on the 787 NOT Apartments which is only for the A380.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
They're First Suites on the 787 NOT Apartments which is only for the A380.
Oh wow, did not know there was a difference. Would it then be possible to fly Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi via London (FRA-LHR-AUH) in order to fly the A380 Apartment? Or would American not issue this as a single award since there are also flights FRA-AUH (though not always available with miles). Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:47 pm

Oh wow, did not know there was a difference. Would it then be possible to fly Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi via London (FRA-LHR-AUH) in order to fly the A380 Apartment? Or would American not issue this as a single award since there are also flights FRA-AUH (though not always available with miles). Thanks.
Looking at EY's 1st class fare from FRA-AUH, it does not seem to permit routing via London, so would expect it to be 2 awards
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:47 pm

I flew that kind of award last weekend, although the other way. DEL - AUH - LHR - DUS was no trouble to book at all. The 77L product In F is top notch already, especially if you have the whole cabin to yourself like I did, but goodness gracious is the A380 First Apartment something else. Do go out of your way to try it. LHR to DUS was in BA Club Europe. I booked this for 40k miles earlier this year In less than ten minutes over the phone. I'd be surprised if DUS worked and FRA didn't.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:09 am

Changing ticketed booking

Hi everyone,

I have a booking thats ticketed in august 2015 for travel in dec 2015, but my travel plans have changed, can i rebook the ticket for travel in january 2017? Is it true that you can only rebook at the latest 6 months from the day you ticketed the booking?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rookieflyer22
Hi everyone,

I have a booking thats ticketed in august 2015 for travel in dec 2015, but my travel plans have changed, can i rebook the ticket for travel in january 2017? Is it true that you can only rebook at the latest 6 months from the day you ticketed the booking?
Your ticket is only valid one year from the date it was first issued.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:20 am

Smile Follow-up: Australian Desk / Infant Lap-Child @ Etihad First

Originally Posted by danger
Try phoning AA's Australian number on +61 2 9101 1948.

There have been issues with AA in the US not seeing award space on EY which is indeed availability. AA's Australian team (based in Fiji) have been able to secure the seats. The problem may well be more widespread. AA is also still showing phantom QF F availability on its website. It seems the system is not so great.
Thanks! Worked like a charm. I first called up the US hotline. They did not see any Etihad seat available in First Class. I politely hung up and called the Australian team. They right away saw the seats and went ahead with the reservation! ^

Originally Posted by svellmann
I flew that kind of award last weekend, although the other way. DEL - AUH - LHR - DUS was no trouble to book at all. The 77L product In F is top notch already, especially if you have the whole cabin to yourself like I did, but goodness gracious is the A380 First Apartment something else. Do go out of your way to try it. LHR to DUS was in BA Club Europe. I booked this for 40k miles earlier this year In less than ten minutes over the phone. I'd be surprised if DUS worked and FRA didn't.
Yup, I was able to lock in FRA-LHR-AUH-MLE in Etihad First Apartments A380 (LHR-AUH) and on the way back MLE-AUH-ZRH in Etihad First Suite 787. They quoted me £204 per person in taxes. Does that sound reasonable? The reservation is currently on hold. Do you recommend me calling the Australian reservation desk to issue the ticket or is there a chance that calling the US hotline will quote lower taxes and fees for the infant?

I had to change the name of a passenger in the itinerary which was typed wrong. While the Australian desk said they would have to cancel the whole itinerary and try to issue it again, the US desk was able to instantly correct the name and when I asked how much they would charge for a lap-child under 2 years, she said "oh, not much... about 5% of the adult's taxes". I was quite surprised to hear that because I thought that a lap-child infant pays 10% of the full-fare.

What do you recommend in this situation? Any idea what amount I should expect for the lap-child not requiring an own seat? LHR-AUH and AUH-ZRH is F, rest is J.

Thank you and merry christmas!

Last edited by itscooper; Dec 24, 2015 at 12:52 pm Reason: Meant ZRH not ZHA
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:39 pm

I would definitely recommend calling the Australia office for ticketing. The efficiency is great and will have it dome within 48 hours. If it doesn't get issued in 48 hours , then , unlike the US office which will just keep fobbing you off, the AU desk will call ticketing and get any issue resolved and the ticket issued

The infant will cost up to 20% of the adult fare plus taxes

If using an EY fare it will be 20% of the equiivalent fare. If it has to use a YY fare , then will be 10% of the YY fare. The EY fares have a restriction "must be issued on stock of EY" , so AA could not issue this

Since your routing does not comply with EY routing rules , you will need to use YY fares anyway ( as long as EY allows YY fares ) ( or require end-on-end ticketing for the BA flight )

In Australian Dollars , the adult base YY r/t 1st fare from FRA-MLE/MLE-ZRH is $22,939 , so the infant base fare would be $2294 approx £1,118

( I assume you meant Zurich rather than Zhanjiang )

If EY doesn't permit use of YY fares, then will be more difficult

Last edited by Dave Noble; Dec 24, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.