Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"'off-peak' awards are limited to AA in the same way as Anytime awards."

That's incorrect. As the Partner award chart indicates, off-peak SAAver awards are also available on partner carriers:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/a...rtnerChart.jsp
Thank you. Didn't realize the partner chart was decoupled with the AA chart.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: free agent
This morning, I called AA to book QR-QR from CPT to BKK (J/F). Agent insists that I need to pay 2 award tickets (90,000) due to 3rd region... Either she's wrong or AA doesn't allow this one? I believe I see wiki mentions that QR is possible for single award between Africa and Asia 2?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by washeelers747
This morning, I called AA to book QR-QR from CPT to BKK (J/F). Agent insists that I need to pay 2 award tickets (90,000) due to 3rd region... Either she's wrong or AA doesn't allow this one? I believe I see wiki mentions that QR is possible for single award between Africa and Asia 2?
HUACA - It is ONE award.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Africa <-> Asia2 does indeed allow a QR->QR connection, so, either it's a different issue (published fare/routing) or a mistake, either way a HUCA situation.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:46 pm

Can one redeem AA miles on Fiji Link?
NAN - FUN involves one segment on Fiji Link.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paulchili
Can one redeem AA miles on Fiji Link?
NAN - FUN involves one segment on Fiji Link.
Fiji has zero entries under "Affiliates/Codeshares" in the current documentation.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Fiji has zero entries under "Affiliates/Codeshares" in the current documentation.
Thank you - that's too bad.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:11 pm

Jon,
I am encountering an interesting problem with this award.
I can get the NAN - SUV segment as an AA award even though this is the Fiji Link part. However, the SUV-FUN segment, which is flown by Fiji Airways itself, I am told by a couple of agents that it is not available to be booked as an AA award (at any time).
Even though Fiji is a partner, it does not release all its destinations as awards to AA (I am told). I have never encountered this before - have you?
TIA
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Jon,
I am encountering an interesting problem with this award.
I can get the NAN - SUV segment as an AA award even though this is the Fiji Link part. However, the SUV-FUN segment, which is flown by Fiji Airways itself, I am told by a couple of agents that it is not available to be booked as an AA award.
Even though Fiji is a partner, it does not release all its destinations as awards (I am told). I have never encountered this before - have you?
TIA
I definitely have but not with Fiji-- the best example I can -almost- remember was LAN, there was list of cities they served that simply weren't available as AAdv awards, I'll try and find some of the ancient documentation.

So, not unprecedented, but obviously very rare and, therefore, *possibly* accurate info you were given
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:18 pm

I definitely have but not with Fiji-- the best example I can -almost- remember was LAN, there was list of cities they served that simply weren't available as AAdv awards, I'll try and find some of the ancient documentation.

So, not unprecedented, but obviously very rare and, therefore, *possibly* accurate info you were given
Thank you.
Where can I check that this is for certain? Fiji Airways?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Thank you.
Where can I check that this is for certain? Fiji Airways?
I's say that wouldn't be of much utility-- I mean unless they don't "do" award travel to that place either (very possible) but I tend to think it's an AAdv and/or partner limitation-- just a guess.

Found this ancient info-- it was Lan Argentina at the time:

Award travel is valid only to/from the cities listed below.

Buenos Aires EZE/AEP
Como Rivadavia CRD
Cordoba COR
El Calafate FTE
Iguazu IGR
Mendoza MDZ
Rio Gallegos RGL
San Carlos de Bariloche BRC
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: free agent
After pressing an agent to verify, and putting on hold for 30 mins (no idea why it take that LONG) but i scored QR-QR J/F flight on a single ticket (70,000). Thank y'all for confirm that it is a SINGLE ticket, and I hope I'll get a chance to enjoy F lounge in DOH.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:26 pm
Suspended

After pressing an agent to verify, and putting on hold for 30 mins (no idea why it take that LONG)...
That is a little puzzling-- after all members here gave you the correct answer in like 30 seconds.

But that's FT for ya ^

Congrats and enjoy!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Just booked an award PPT - AKL J seat on a flight that is marketed as Air Tahiti Nui but actually operated by Air New Zealand. AA issued my ticket without any issues. Never seen this before as NZ is part of Star Alliance, not OneWorld.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:00 pm

I's say that wouldn't be of much utility-- I mean unless they don't "do" award travel to that place either (very possible) but I tend to think it's an AAdv and/or partner limitation-- just a guess.

Found this ancient info-- it was Lan Argentina at the time:
FWIW, Air Fiji claims that SUV-FUN is NOT excluded as an AA award segment.
I'll keep trying and report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.