Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:52 am

Newbie with booking AA miles on JL. Am I correct to call AAdvantage line and have the live agent book an award seat for me using AA miles on JL?
That AA doesn't allow you to use AA mile on the partner flight on their website?

My preferred route is DCA-JFK-NRT (oneway).
If I find available JL3 and available AA that connects to JL3 (find on BA site), then I can just call AA and book this?

I am usually the United/ANA but this time I need to use my AA mile and this is the first time ever booking with AA mile. Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by msiamsia
Newbie with booking AA miles on JL. Am I correct to call AAdvantage line and have the live agent book an award seat for me using AA miles on JL?
That AA doesn't allow you to use AA mile on the partner flight on their website?

My preferred route is DCA-JFK-NRT (oneway).
If I find available JL3 and available AA that connects to JL3 (find on BA site), then I can just call AA and book this?

I am usually the United/ANA but this time I need to use my AA mile and this is the first time ever booking with AA mile. Thank you in advance.
Yup, just call AA and book it. If they bring up the phone booking fee they should waive it since it is not bookable online.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
LHR-MEL [2 awards vs 1]

Looked to get a business AA points redemption from LHR-MEL, but couldn't find one on the date (in April 2016) I need. Called to see if any other airline (not linked to the websites search engine) was available, and they found an Etihad flight with good connection times, but the points required is 75,000. Why is this? If I could go a day earlier, which I can't, with QF, it would be 60000. What gives?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Looked to get a business AA points redemption from LHR-MEL, but couldn't find one on the date (in April 2016) I need. Called to see if any other airline (not linked to the websites search engine) was available, and they found an Etihad flight with good connection times, but the points required is 75,000. Why is this? If I could go a day earlier, which I can't, with QF, it would be 60000. What gives?
Ok. I've found out:
Connection in the Asia 2 airport of Singapore or Bangkok (or possibly in addition, the Asia 1 airport of Tokyo Narita or Osaka) allowed when traveling between Europe and the South Pacific.
Its misleading when the QF option connects in the Middle East. Or perhaps it doesn't with the same flight number.
So why not the asia 2 port of KUL? Strange.

p.s. the point of this thread is clear.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Europe <-> S. Pacific award can be a single award if:

- connecting in Asia1 or Asia2 (published fare allowing)

- taken on the single flight # QF flight that connects in DXB

- using QR connecting in DOH (published fare allowing)

Using EY connecting in AUH is 2 awards, as you found out.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:30 pm

Thanks Jon.
I can get LHR-KUL...I'll see if I can then get an MH flight from there.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:33 pm

AA reward booking on Air Berlin

Hello,

I am trying to book a AA reward through their website to fly from Gdansk to Berlin in first week of July 2016. Unfortunately the availability is shown only to June 30.
What might be a reason for that?
Other Air Berlin flights are bookable for AA miles but not this one.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Maybe AB hasn't released awards yet.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:22 pm

They released Helsinki to Berlin up until July 28.

In fact it is not only GDN is not available but also WAW and KGD..
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:54 pm

I got LHR-KUL BA33 + KUL-ADL MH139, 60,000 points.
with $US500 taxes!!!!

Thanks Jon.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I got LHR-KUL BA33 + KUL-ADL MH139, 60,000 points.
with $US500 taxes!!!!

Thanks Jon.
You might be better off value wise by using the extra 15k and travelling off on EY and not having to pay the BA surcharges

Plus, I believe that EY award tickets are entitled to the chauffeur drive services

I would rate EY better than BA+MH
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You might be better off value wise by using the extra 15k and travelling off on EY and not having to pay the BA surcharges

Plus, I believe that EY award tickets are entitled to the chauffeur drive services

I would rate EY better than BA+MH
I considered that Dave (but didn't know about the car service..thx), but I just changed the departure port to LBA, which has to be BA.
Also, BA33 is the new 787...haven't flown it yet.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I considered that Dave (but didn't know about the car service..thx), but I just changed the departure port to LBA, which has to be BA.
Also, BA33 is the new 787...haven't flown it yet.
Only has to be BA as far as LHR

BA hasn't improved its products on its new aeroplanes - they are just basically the same as on other aeroplanes

Each to their own though
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

If MH's LHR-KUL flight subsequently opens up for award travel, the OP can switch to that flight and get a refund of the hefty surcharges assessed on the long-haul BA flight.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Le bump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.