Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by curiousGal
- I saw J class for one passenger for both ORD-DOH and DOH-HYD segments. Immediately blocked it and a new record locator created.
- I saw J for 2nd passenger for only ORD-DOH; Y class from DOH-HYD. I held this reservation too. AA agent noted down 'voluntary downgrade' for 2nd segment. Passengers may not mind parting for the 2nd segment.
- As I mentioned before, I already have EY in J for both of them in Sep.

What I plan to do:
- As suggested, I plan to book QR. But the way I reserved the tickets, 2 rec locators are now created for 2 passengers. they are not under one rec locator.
- If the seats open for Oct for EY, then swell! no charge. I can also request for chauffeur service with EY. In that case, I need to cancel QR tickets then. This will incur $150 + $150 in fees, since both passengers have 2 different rec locators.
Did I get this right?

I am prepared to pay $175 for both travelers. But I plan to wait until September and cancel EY, if EY doesn't have seats in Oct. Thoughts?
I think you've almost got it. Good news: even if the QR tickets are on separate records, and you need to cancel them, it should only be $150 + $25 assuming the miles are coming from the same account and you cancel them at the same time.

From aa.com: "The reinstatement charge is $150 per account for the first award ticket. Additional award tickets reinstated to the same account at the same time will have a $25 charge per ticket."
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Deleted
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I think you've almost got it. Good news: even if the QR tickets are on separate records, and you need to cancel them, it should only be $150 + $25 assuming the miles are coming from the same account and you cancel them at the same time.

From aa.com: "The reinstatement charge is $150 per account for the first award ticket. Additional award tickets reinstated to the same account at the same time will have a $25 charge per ticket."
great! although it would be ideal to not to pay fee, I probably have to pay this price in order for me to secure the seats at a later date.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
To support this part of the Wiki:

Travel Via a Third Region

Travel via a third region is not allowed (note the exception table below).

EXCEPTION TABLE:
To/From Via
  • [*]
I was able to book South Pacific - Europe through Doha for 60k in C today on the following routing:

MEL-PER QF C
PER-DOH QR C
DOH-ZRH QR C

^
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by goliath

I was able to book South Pacific - Europe through Doha for 60k in C today on the following routing:

MEL-PER QF C
PER-DOH QR C
DOH-ZRH QR C

^
Current rule is "may connect in Asia 1 or Asia 2" (so anywhere is Asia.)

The Doha connection on one award is news to me, good news if that's been added.

Certainly wasn't there last revision:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/541310...posted-public/

Is your award fully ticketed w/ ticket # etc?

Last edited by JonNYC; Jun 16, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Current rule is "may connect in Asia 1 or Asia 2" (so anywhere is Asia.)

The Doha connection on one award is news to me, good news if that's been added.

Certainly wasn't there last revision:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/541310...posted-public/
I keep seing these lists posted on blogs and forums, but I have yet to find this info on AA.com. Does anybody have a link?

Is your award fully ticketed w/ ticket # etc?
Yes, paid for, miles deducted, e-ticket issued.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I keep seing these lists posted on blogs and forums, but I have yet to find this info on AA.com. Does anybody have a link?
Nope, the award routing rules are nowhere to be found at aa.com.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:19 am

IAD-BKK via DOH

I have a question that may have already been asked, but my initial search yielded nothing.

AA has a "third region exception" that I have a question about, specifically about routing through Doha. I am looking to got from IAD-BKK via Doha on Qatar airways. Would this be allowed, per the AAdvantage "third region exception"?

Both segments would be on Qatar Airways, and I've heard they will allow it in that case.

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

No. AAdvantage awards between North America and Asia must route via the Pacific; TATL travel is not permitted on such an award.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, you cannot connect in India/ME on a single award from North America to Asia 1/2.

There are some exceptions to allow a QR connection at DOH in certain cases, but this isn't one.

Check the ongoing oneworld & partner awards thread for more details, a similar question was asked earlier in the week.

That said, it may be worth a try, as another poster reported success in getting a single award Europe - South Pacific via DOH on QR, an exception that wasn't included in the original list.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Why am I always the last to know? :)

As reported above, effective sometime before now, connections in DOH allowed on Europe <-> S. Pacific award
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As reported above, effective sometime before now, connections in DOH allowed on Europe <-> S. Pacific award
Is it only QR connections that is permitted or is Middle East now a general 3rd option ( such as being able to connect on EY ) ?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Is it only QR connections that is permitted or is Middle East now a general 3rd option ( such as being able to connect on EY ) ?
Good question; it's QR-specific exception, so only QR, no EY unfortunately. I should have specified that for clarity.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor

MEL-PER QF C
PER-DOH QR C
DOH-ZRH QR C

^
That's good news for us in Oz. QR flights are searchable online at QFF so it makes it easy to guide AA staff to the appropriate flights.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by grussellt
That's good news for us in Oz.
Great news indeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.