Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
There is a lot of weather in south right now, which must be generating lot of calls.

When systems are over burdened, AA removes the award ticket option from reservations number.

As advised, your best bet is to try calling late in the night (say around midnight 12/11c)
Old May 28, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Priority Club, HHonors
Originally Posted by bmchris
I believe this has been "fixed". Anyone else confirm?
I booked an F AAdvantage award two weeks ago on JL JFK-SGN for next Feb. Before deciding on dates, I made notes of the available dates between 15 Feb and 15 Mar 2016 from the award availability on the BA site with 1 F award seat. Of the 30 or so days, there was 1 F seat available on 19. Our of curiosity because of this thread, I just rechecked those dates. There is now 1 F seat JFK-SGN on only 9 of those dates. So is that inventory tightening or an algorithm change on JL's part, or that JL didn't make a change but all the online postings about the open spigot on JL availability resulted in space being grabbed up? Impossible to know, but that's the availability change I see over a space of two weeks.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'll be ringing them soon at midnight!
Old May 28, 2015, 10:22 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Quarantine
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'll be ringing them soon at midnight!
Good luck! And congrats on booking your first AA award flight(s) - hope everything works out for you! ^
Old May 29, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Have searched here and the Etihad success page, Booking First DUB-LHR-AUH-SYD the AA agent says its 2 awards so total AA 100,000 not the 80,000 the chart shows. This looks to be confirmed over on the success forum. Could someone point me towards the explanation of this rule, is the extra 20,000 for using 2 Etihad flights in the booking similar to what BA do when using 2 partners

Thanks
Old May 29, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xcalx
Have searched here and the Etihad success page, Booking First DUB-LHR-AUH-SYD the AA agent says its 2 awards so total AA 100,000 not the 80,000 the chart shows. This looks to be confirmed over on the success forum. Could someone point me towards the explanation of this rule, is the extra 20,000 for using 2 Etihad flights in the booking similar to what BA do when using 2 partners

Thanks
You cannot connect in a 3rd zone (in this case middle east) on an award, with a list of exceptions. In this case only way to connect in middle east would be using Qantas via DXB on a single flight # (for the Europe-DXB-Australia segment)

But using any other carriers will make this 2 awards.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by JonNYC
You cannot connect in a 3rd zone (in this case middle east) on an award, with a list of exceptions. In this case only way to connect in middle east would be using Qantas via DXB on a single flight # (for the Europe-DXB-Australia segment)

I thought QR works too (although QR only flies to MEL and PER).
Old May 29, 2015, 11:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nov11
I thought QR works too (although QR only flies to MEL and PER).
Nope, not Europe-> SWP. Connection in Asia only.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Nope, not Europe-> SWP. Connection in Asia only.
I stand corrected. Thank you!
Old May 30, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat

Thanks
Old May 30, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Website?

Besides phone numbers, is there a website on which we can see One World partner availability? I am looking to use award tickets from LIM to Quito, Ecuador or LIM to Santiago, Chile but am having no luck but to call AA.

Thanks
Old May 30, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Besides phone numbers, is there a website on which we can see One World partner availability? I am looking to use award tickets from LIM to Quito, Ecuador or LIM to Santiago, Chile but am having no luck but to call AA.

Thanks
Sign up for a profile on BA.com. They show partners availability that can't be found on AA.com. I use them for flights to Asia on Cathay and JAL but I think they also have availability for LAN in SA.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Looking at a price quote for a one way award ticket in first on BA from Athens to NYC with a connection in London. The price quote it shows me is 85000 Avios + $ 338.31. Is that 338.31 covering all fuel surcharges and taxes or will more charges be added on later in the booking process?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Red259
Looking at a price quote for a one way award ticket in first on BA from Athens to NYC with a connection in London. The price quote it shows me is 85000 Avios + $ 338.31. Is that 338.31 covering all fuel surcharges and taxes or will more charges be added on later in the booking process?
This is the AA forum; this thread is about redeeming AAdvantage miles for award travel on AA partners.

Questions about redeeming BA Avios should be posed in the FT BA forum.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

This is the AA forum; this thread is about redeeming AAdvantage miles for award travel on AA partners.

Questions about redeeming BA Avios should be posed in the FT BA forum.
Oh sorry I should have been more clear. I am redeeming AA miles. I was taking that price quote of the BA website because I thought that the cash part would be the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.