Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Got 2 F seats for next spring

JFK-NRT using AA miles. 62,500 miles and $5.00 each. Checked the BA site first then called AA
Old May 20, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
What are the best options for 1st/biz class seats going from nyc to IST and coming back from athens to nyc? The BA surcharges would be pretty hefty? I could do Iberia biz class seats, but was hoping for a better product.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Red259
What are the best options for 1st/biz class seats going from nyc to IST and coming back from athens to nyc? The BA surcharges would be pretty hefty? I could do Iberia biz class seats, but was hoping for a better product.
Sorry, but there are exactly two oneworld carriers that fly to IST from elsewhere in Europe: BA and IB. If you are very lucky, you might be able to snag a premium-cabin MileSAAver seat on AA metal from JFK to LHR or MAD.

Coming back from ATH, aa.com should be able to display all available award options (other than IB).
Old May 21, 2015, 12:05 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Very disappointing...
Old May 21, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Very disappointing...
Which part? I assume the closure of the PHL OCC? IMHO, it makes sense to have the HQ, OCC, and training all in the same place. Of course, I am a Texan, so that might cloud my judgement.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:16 am

YYZ-ICN using AAdvantage miles

Hello,

I'm relatively new to the AAdvantage program and I'm trying to build an award trip for the first time using my AA miles.
I need to fly from YYZ to ICN, and I was wondering if YYZ-ORD-NRT-ICN would be a possible route (ORD-NRT on JL).
Would this itinerary be allowed under the routing rules for AA?
Also, if anyone could suggest a better routing with possibly just a single connection over a double, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!
Old May 21, 2015, 6:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by agjil
I'm relatively new to the AAdvantage program and I'm trying to build an award trip for the first time using my AA miles.
I need to fly from YYZ to ICN, and I was wondering if YYZ-ORD-NRT-ICN would be a possible route (ORD-NRT on JL).
Would this itinerary be allowed under the routing rules for AA?
Also, if anyone could suggest a better routing with possibly just a single connection over a double, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I'll go ahead and merge this into the extant consolidated thread for oneworld and Other Airline Awards.

~Moderator
Old May 21, 2015, 6:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by agjil
I'll chime in on this part... The obvious option for one-stop and one award would be YYZ-DFW-ICN all on AA. You could also do YYZ-HKG-ICN on CX, but that would price as two awards (and so cost a few more miles) as you cannot transit Asia 2 on a North America-Asia 1 award. I certainly stand to be corrected, but I think those are your only options to keep it down to 1 stop.

With 2 stops you've got access to NRT via LAX, JFK, ORD and DFW since AA fly to all four cities from YYZ, and as you note JL do serve ICN from NRT. Hawaiian Airlines also serve ICN from HNL, but I'm not sure how frequently or whether it's even feasible to find award space on that flight–I'd stick to the other options, but did want to throw this out in case you want to try and work in a 23 hour stop in the sun.

Last edited by Microwave; May 21, 2015 at 6:42 am
Old May 21, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Help with ticket pricing as two awards

I had a mixed BUS and First award on hold for REP-KUL-NRT-JFK. I called last night and changed it to REP-KUL-NRT-JFK-LAX. When I put it on hold the first time it was 67.5k and $55. When we added the JFK-LAX segment the agent said it was now $61.10 and I thought it stayed the same price in miles. When it finally ticketed this morning it appeared to price as two awards. I had a deduction for 67.5k and 22.5k. My question is can I really not include the quick REP-KUL flight on the same 67.5k award?
Old May 21, 2015, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johnwmaher
I had a mixed BUS and First award on hold for REP-KUL-NRT-JFK. I called last night and changed it to REP-KUL-NRT-JFK-LAX. When I put it on hold the first time it was 67.5k and $55. When we added the JFK-LAX segment the agent said it was now $61.10 and I thought it stayed the same price in miles. When it finally ticketed this morning it appeared to price as two awards. I had a deduction for 67.5k and 22.5k. My question is can I really not include the quick REP-KUL flight on the same 67.5k award?
Could certainly be a published fare issue. I'd call and ask and also ask why you weren't advised of the increased mileage.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Could certainly be a published fare issue. I'd call and ask and also ask why you weren't advised of the increased mileage.
Is there a MPM issue?
MPM for REP-LAX
M 9777, 20M 11732.
REP-KUL-NRT-JFK-LAX is 13324.
Old May 21, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Why exactly do you want to fly NRT-JFK-LAX instead of NRT-LAX (as stopovers are no longer allowed)?
Old May 21, 2015, 1:54 pm

Hi all, new to award bookings in general, even more so with partner awards and international routes.

I'm looking at an award from ORD/DFW-CDG-KUL. Showing Biz/First availability on AA and MH metal. However, I need to add on an additional leg from SGF-ORD/DFW, and cannot find the lowest level 12.5k MileSaver awards at any of the dates I'm looking. The only thing available is the anytime award at 20k AA miles.

Can I add that 20k route to the international route and still pay 55/67.5 for the whole thing in biz/first? If not, what are my options?
Old May 21, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
You won't be able to use that routing on one award ticket. AA does not allow you to transit Europe on an award to Asia.

Originally Posted by cashcow
Hi all, new to award bookings in general, even more so with partner awards and international routes.

I'm looking at an award from ORD/DFW-CDG-KUL. Showing Biz/First availability on AA and MH metal. However, I need to add on an additional leg from SGF-ORD/DFW, and cannot find the lowest level 12.5k MileSaver awards at any of the dates I'm looking. The only thing available is the anytime award at 20k AA miles.

Can I add that 20k route to the international route and still pay 55/67.5 for the whole thing in biz/first? If not, what are my options?
Old May 21, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by geclub1
Is there a MPM issue?
MPM for REP-LAX
M 9777, 20M 11732.
REP-KUL-NRT-JFK-LAX is 13324.
I definitely think it's the MPM. If the added JFK segment is less than 24 hours, then the stopover rule wouldn't apply. As you are "only" allotted 25% over MPM, this certainly looks to be an issue as pointed out by geclub1. (I put "only" in quotes because it's actually pretty generous by industry standards.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.