FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1543680-aa-oneworld-other-airline-partner-award-information-rules-master-thd.html)

flyingeph12 Jun 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey (Post 31193916)
yeah that's exactly what happened. i have spoken to 3 diff agents today, before writing into FT thread to seek clarification
only the third agent is willing to book X-Z and Z-Y for me, but he's the one who told me that they have to be on separate PNRs.
the first one said i am not allowed to book trip by seasrching segment by segment, while the second one claimed Z-Y is not available.cos he was doing X-Y search even when i asked for Z-Y to be searched individually.

definitely varied outcomes from talking to diff agents.

I'm not a 100% sure, but even given the married segments issue, I don't see why they can't both be on the same record, especially since you're using two awards. It's analogous to a roundtrip but instead of X-Z and Z-X, it's X-Z and Z-Y (a multi-city booking, in essence).

Originally Posted by dls25 (Post 31193943)
You can do it yourself on AA.com using the multi-city tool.

That's a possibility, but some partners are not bookable on AA.com.

Dave Noble Jun 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyingeph12 (Post 31194004)
I'm not a 100% sure, but even given the married segments issue, I don't see why they can't both be on the same record, especially since you're using two awards. It's analogous to a roundtrip but instead of X-Z and Z-X, it's X-Z and Z-Y (a multi-city booking, in essence).

Becuase the segments are married. In order for the married sector not to be applicable the sectors have to be separated into separate bookings

The availability is for X-Z via Y regardless of how it is paid for; once in separate bookings, there is no link between the 2

TravelLawyer Jul 2, 2019 5:50 am

I tried searching for this, but didn’t see anything relevant. Can someone please help regarding a date change question? I seem to recall that you only have one year from the date of issuance to fly on an AA ticket. Is that still true? I have an award flight booked through AA flying on JL, but we are looking to change the dates to several months later (no other change to airline, class or itinerary). This new date would be beyond 1 year of initial ticket issuance. Does that mean we’d have to do a redeposit (and incur fees) instead of a mere date change?

iadisgreat Jul 2, 2019 6:30 am

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer (Post 31261160)
I tried searching for this, but didn’t see anything relevant. Can someone please help regarding a date change question? I seem to recall that you only have one year from the date of issuance to fly on an AA ticket. Is that still true? I have an award flight booked through AA flying on JL, but we are looking to change the dates to several months later (no other change to airline, class or itinerary). This new date would be beyond 1 year of initial ticket issuance. Does that mean we’d have to do a redeposit (and incur fees) instead of a mere date change?

Yes you will need to redeposit and get a new ticket. Have you had any schedule changes that will allow you to cancel for free?

TravelLawyer Jul 2, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat (Post 31261254)
Yes you will need to redeposit and get a new ticket. Have you had any schedule changes that will allow you to cancel for free?

Thanks. No schedule changes that I can see. Will mull on it a bit.

regoarrarr Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm

I am trying to book CVG-PHL-DOH-CMN using AA miles in business class.

CVG-PHL-DOH shows up just fine (1-Oct as a currently available date)
PHL-DOH-CMN also shows up

If I try to book CVG-CMN it does not show up, though it does offer CVG-PHL-MAD-CMN

Do you think this is a routing / MPM issue? Of course I can call in but I thought I'd check here first to see how likely this would be to work

JJeffrey Jul 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by regoarrarr (Post 31334239)
I am trying to book CVG-PHL-DOH-CMN using AA miles in business class.

CVG-PHL-DOH shows up just fine (1-Oct as a currently available date)
PHL-DOH-CMN also shows up

If I try to book CVG-CMN it does not show up, though it does offer CVG-PHL-MAD-CMN

Do you think this is a routing / MPM issue? Of course I can call in but I thought I'd check here first to see how likely this would be to work

Could be a routing issue as I don't see any CVG-CMN fares filed by QR. However I don't see any PHL-CMN fares either.

With these kinds of things you definitely should call and at least try to book it. Is CVG-PHL available on it's own? I would put PHL-DOH-CMN on hold at aa.com then call AA and ask them to add the CVG-PHL segment and see what happens.

regoarrarr Jul 27, 2019 9:49 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 31334369)
Could be a routing issue as I don't see any CVG-CMN fares filed by QR. However I don't see any PHL-CMN fares either.

With these kinds of things you definitely should call and at least try to book it. Is CVG-PHL available on it's own? I would put PHL-DOH-CMN on hold at aa.com then call AA and ask them to add the CVG-PHL segment and see what happens.

This worked like a charm - put PHL-DOH-CMN on hold online and called in and the agent was able to add the CVG-PHL leg in about 5 minutes total.

Richard Berg Jul 28, 2019 12:35 am

If I book SEA-NRT-DEL now, but space later opens on SEA-HKG-DEL, will I be credited the difference in miles w/o paying a redeposit fee? Note that transiting Japan en route to India prices as two awards, while CX transit is allowed on a single award.

If not...would it make a difference if the new booking were in a higher class of service?

iadisgreat Jul 28, 2019 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Richard Berg (Post 31350300)
If I book SEA-NRT-DEL now, but space later opens on SEA-HKG-DEL, will I be credited the difference in miles w/o paying a redeposit fee? Note that transiting Japan en route to India prices as two awards, while CX transit is allowed on a single award.

If not...would it make a difference if the new booking were in a higher class of service?

I think the fee is due as you are changing from two awards to one in this case.

fijaircan Jul 28, 2019 10:43 am

I booked a business class award ticket from HKG to NAN for Dec 15th (carrier is Fiji Airways). Fiji Airways canceled their flight for the 15th and have put me on their flight on the 16th (they don't fly daily anymore from HKG to NAN - only 4 times a week). I need to be in NAN on the 16th but with this change won't get there until the 17th.

Are my options to cancel or accept the change or does American (or the carrier) have to find an alternative method to get me there as close to the original booking as possible?

Dave Noble Jul 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Does Fiji airways operate on the 14th? if so , perhaps call FJ and/or AA and see whether it can rebook for the 14th

westsai Aug 7, 2019 8:28 pm

So I am trying to book SNA-PAE-self transfer-SEA-NRT. SNA-PAE will be operated by AS and SEA-NRT will be operated by JAL. When searching on aa.com, I couldnt find this exact routing, but I can find SNA-PAE and SEA-NRT or SNA-SEA-NRT. Did married segment logic applied here? Or it is simply AA didnt consider this to be a valid routing (PAE and SEA as different city)? If this is a valid routing, will phone agent be able to book me this routing? I know that AA seems to consider LGA, JFK, EWR as one city, so I was thinking this should work.

Thank you

JJeffrey Aug 8, 2019 6:06 am

Originally Posted by westsai (Post 31392176)
So I am trying to book SNA-PAE-self transfer-SEA-NRT. SNA-PAE will be operated by AS and SEA-NRT will be operated by JAL. When searching on aa.com, I couldnt find this exact routing, but I can find SNA-PAE and SEA-NRT or SNA-SEA-NRT. Did married segment logic applied here? Or it is simply AA didnt consider this to be a valid routing (PAE and SEA as different city)? If this is a valid routing, will phone agent be able to book me this routing? I know that AA seems to consider LGA, JFK, EWR as one city, so I was thinking this should work.

Thank you

Who knows, it could be a combination of any of those things you mentioned. I wouldn't waste time speculating on it here though. Just put the SEA-NRT on hold, then call AA and ask them to add the SNA-PAE segment to the reservation, and see what they say.

westsai Aug 8, 2019 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 31393268)
Who knows, it could be a combination of any of those things you mentioned. I wouldn't waste time speculating on it here though. Just put the SEA-NRT on hold, then call AA and ask them to add the SNA-PAE segment to the reservation, and see what they say.

Thanks for the tip. Agent wouldnt do it